Fortune Cookie aka Potli bag

Lulu

Fortune Cookie aka Potli bag

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Bought the rust one with brocade fabric. It's cute as the *! But, it has a stiff inner lining so has to be 'broken in'. Plus, it is essentially useless. I mean by the time it gets folded up there is very little room for anything. A comb, lipstick, keys, money clip and small credit card holder is about it. You could probably squeeze a pack of tic-tacs in. And, the magnets are very weak so you have to pray it stays together. They need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

eta: If you want to reference "A Christmas Carol" just don't type the author's name of Charles *
2 x

Gypsy

Re: Fortune Cookie aka Potli bag

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

That's good info to know, thanks Lulu
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Bought the rust one with brocade fabric. It's cute as the *! But, it has a stiff inner lining so has to be 'broken in'. Plus, it is essentially useless. I mean by the time it gets folded up there is very little room for anything. A comb, lipstick, keys, money clip and small credit card holder is about it. You could probably squeeze a pack of tic-tacs in. And, the magnets are very weak so you have to pray it stays together. They need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

eta: If you want to reference "A Christmas Carol" just don't type the author's name of Charles *
I didn't think they looked very functional. I've seen hosts show/wear them w/handles all the way apart on an arm as an option. Even then....?
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago

I didn't think they looked very functional. I've seen hosts show/wear them w/handles all the way apart on an arm as an option. Even then....?
They're cute but not functional.
I have a poti type they used to sell that's cute and more functional. It doesn't fold and can actually hold things. Closes with a little drawstring. I've had it for a long time.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

I forgot to mention that it stinks, too. I wonder how long it will take for the odor to dissipate.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
I forgot to mention that it stinks, too. I wonder how long it will take for the odor to dissipate.
Really? That's not good. What is the smell like?
1 x

Moderator_Brianne

Post by Moderator_Brianne » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago

They're cute but not functional.
I have a poti type they used to sell that's cute and more functional. It doesn't fold and can actually hold things. Closes with a little drawstring. I've had it for a long time.
Thank you all for engaging in providing feedback regarding our bag. It's certainly something we want to take into consideration when looking for future items for our inventory. We are actively providing your feedback to the appropriate team so we can get a better understanding of what our customers are looking for. Thank you so much for being part of Shop LC!
1 x

Bellyd

Post by Bellyd » 4 years ago

Yes it does smell HORRIBLE. Kind of like burnt rubber😝I put mine outside on a covered deck for almost a month before the smell dissipated. Seriously, you could not keep that item in your closet it smelled so awful.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I have one of that shape. It never smelled but I agree not functional. I have an iPhone X and no way will it fit. I did buy from SLC the POUCH style with the long strap. CUTE AS CAN BE...and fits my phone and other items, even has a small zippered section on the back. I bought two. I wish they would bring more of THAT style back, especially in a velvet fabrication. Great option for a hands free evening bag.
0 x