I am now convinced

RS

I am now convinced

Post by RS » 3 years ago

That the closeout items that SLC procures are sold as such for a reason. Mis-sized being the most predominant reason.

Just opened the pair of Guru boots, size 39.

I have worn a 39 euro size FOR-EV-ER...FOREVER.

These boots are so small. My toes were smashed against the end of the boot. I compared them to other shoes, sandals and boots I have in size 39.

The Guru boots are NOT a 39‼️‼️‼️

Epic fail😡

Okay SLC...today you are batting a big ‘ole ZERO!
7 x

Harlequin

Re: I am now convinced

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Oh No 🥴 that’s the size I ordered. Oh man.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

That stinks, I would try to get them to pay the shipping to return them, it is not your fault that the boots are not sizes properly.
7 x

Harlequin

Supposed to get mine today 🧐. Yeah right 😡
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Their "apparel" sizes are all over the place. Almost everything i have ever bought here in the way of clothing was too small. I bought a really pretty "one size fits most" cardigan which apparently means to size 10-12 because it was WAY too small. Like it wouldn't close by about four inches. Note to SLC--not everyone, or even "most" American women are a 12 and under. News flash!! The average American women is a size 14. So, thinking they run extremely small, I bought a zip up robe in a size 2X. I can fit two of me in it!! Literally. I DO have to say the Amanda Paige line runs true to size. I really wish they would have things measured in inches. Even centimeters if that is the best they can do. So sorry for your disappointment RA. Been there. Done that.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
That stinks, I would try to get them to pay the shipping to return them, it is not your fault that the boots are not sizes properly.
I was going to return them...until I mentioned the issue to my daughter.

Yep...she is now getting them. 😊

She wears a size 7 so so those should be okay for her. Hopefully. She is the shorter version of me, thought she would’ve been taller than mom.

I did order a larger size, they had one left in a 41. No 40.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
Their "apparel" sizes are all over the place. Almost everything i have ever bought here in the way of clothing was too small. I bought a really pretty "one size fits most" cardigan which apparently means to size 10-12 because it was WAY too small. Like it wouldn't close by about four inches. Note to SLC--not everyone, or even "most" American women are a 12 and under. News flash!! The average American women is a size 14. So, thinking they run extremely small, I bought a zip up robe in a size 2X. I can fit two of me in it!! Literally. I DO have to say the Amanda Paige line runs true to size. I really wish they would have things measured in inches. Even centimeters if that is the best they can do. So sorry for your disappointment RA. Been there. Done that.
They NEVER EVER give the measurements. I have begged and pleaded. They even show during their commercials the clothing buyer measuring a garment. Yeah...well...where do those measurements end up? Not being given to the customer. I ordered a coat as a gift for a friend of daughter. The size was XL. I tried it on. WAYYYYY TOOOO SMALLLLL.
I wear a size 10. I’m 5’ 7 1/2” tall and the sleeves were three inches to short as well.
That is why they get these close outs at such a bargain price.
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I've never purchased a clothing item that fit. First, it was the puffer coat. Gave it to daughter. Then it was several one size fits most short wraps. I'm not obese but come on, these would fit a skinny person. A cardigan also too small. I wouldn't even get clothes here if they were giving them away for free.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
I've never purchased a clothing item that fit. First, it was the puffer coat. Gave it to daughter. Then it was several one size fits most short wraps. I'm not obese but come on, these would fit a skinny person. A cardigan also too small. I wouldn't even get clothes here if they were giving them away for free.
I have noticed that the hosts and models most times cannot even close the cardigans or coats. And then on that note, they are either TEENY TINY or the size they say they have on isn’t actually what they have on.

I did order one of their waterfall cardigans with the geometric pattern. Know what I do about their sizes I ordered the larger size.

And fooled again. ITS TOO BIG. But I really really like it and no more in stock. So I kept it. That one is very nice. But too big is better than too small.
6 x

Harlequin

RS:.... mine are to SMALL, little clear tag on bottom of boot says euro 39 is a size 7. Wonder why The host didn’t do her homework??? Really F. S. 😡. She held a home aid chart up. WAY OFF.
6 x