Just heard the news

RS

Re: Just heard the news

Post by RS » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
I have lived in the city all my life, this country stuff isn’t for me 😫. Getting another round of snow and ice AGAIN, WEDNESDAY NOooooo. I have meds. To pick up THURSDAY. Hasn’t stopped here, still snowing. .....A:... has the storm arrived there yet. H. RS hope you and P. feel better soon😊
🐶❤️🐶
Stay safe in the snow!
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
I have lived in the city all my life, this country stuff isn’t for me 😫. Getting another round of snow and ice AGAIN, WEDNESDAY NOooooo. I have meds. To pick up THURSDAY. Hasn’t stopped here, still snowing. .....A:... has the storm arrived there yet. H. RS hope you and P. feel better soon😊
They're predicting 4-8", not as much as originally. I understand there is a lot of ice though. I got a phone call about it. Don't think that has ever happened before.
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Hollie wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
I haven’t heard, but I’m not in TX so don’t get local info.

The whole state?

Be safe everyone ❤️❤️❤️
My cousin is in Austin. She says it isn't pretty.....for Texas.
I woke up to no electricity today. Had to start up a generator. It's been snowing like crazy here.
Keeping up with the plowing of our main road up on the mountain top is iffy. I'm sure my
ride down to town will be adventurous. 😮
I’ve spent a LOT of time in Texas. Never have I seen it snow there. Hail YES....lots of hail.
You’re not in TX are you Hollie?
I'm in beautiful snowy idaho!
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Hollie wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
Hollie wrote:
3 years ago

My cousin is in Austin. She says it isn't pretty.....for Texas.
I woke up to no electricity today. Had to start up a generator. It's been snowing like crazy here.
Keeping up with the plowing of our main road up on the mountain top is iffy. I'm sure my
ride down to town will be adventurous. 😮
I’ve spent a LOT of time in Texas. Never have I seen it snow there. Hail YES....lots of hail.
You’re not in TX are you Hollie?
I'm in beautiful snowy idaho!
Idaho IS BEAUTIFUL! So you’re just a hop...skip...and a jump from me!
6 x

Dolores

Post by Dolores » 3 years ago

I live in Rhode Island, I did hear about Texas couldn't believe that you guys were colder than us.. Please don't think I am butting in, Buy some cheap kitty litter not the clumping kind, take a small amount about a half a cup put it behind your tires mostly the back ones. That may help with sliding, keep the rest of it in your trunk. As for the drug store I have all my meds delivered from CVS. It costs $5.00 per month, I don't drive so that is what I do. Hope something helps.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I hope that all of you in those area's are very careful if your out, it is not the snow that is so bad it is the ice and when you are not use to driving in those conditions it is even more dangerous. We got another storm yesterday and it going to last until this afternoon but we are use to it here. We have been getting at least one a week, this is our second storm in the past 7 days. I do not understand why they are doing the blackouts with the power, they have never done that here and we get some bad storms, one of them this winter we had 59" in one NH town, I had 38" here at my house. When they know there is a bad storm coming here they send out power crews a head of time and they clear any branch's that they think might get weighed down by ice and snow and fall on the power lines, not that they can get them all but it does help. I had a whole home generator installed two winters ago after losing power in a winter storm for 9 days so at least I do not worry about that anymore and during the winter I keep enough food in the house to last 3 weeks just in case and that way I do not have to go out as often when the weather is bad.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
I hope that all of you in those area's are very careful if your out, it is not the snow that is so bad it is the ice and when you are not use to driving in those conditions it is even more dangerous. We got another storm yesterday and it going to last until this afternoon but we are use to it here. We have been getting at least one a week, this is our second storm in the past 7 days. I do not understand why they are doing the blackouts with the power, they have never done that here and we get some bad storms, one of them this winter we had 59" in one NH town, I had 38" here at my house. When they know there is a bad storm coming here they send out power crews a head of time and they clear any branch's that they think might get weighed down by ice and snow and fall on the power lines, not that they can get them all but it does help. I had a whole home generator installed two winters ago after losing power in a winter storm for 9 days so at least I do not worry about that anymore and during the winter I keep enough food in the house to last 3 weeks just in case and that way I do not have to go out as often when the weather is bad.
@Gem Lover

Hi GemLover -

The Texas grid system started getting overwhelmed with all the AC units being kicked over to heat and being cranked up. To prevent total and complete power outages they do the rolling black/brown outs.

Here I am still under a Hard Freeze Warning !!! 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶 my low this morning (not windchill) was 21° UNBELIEVABLY frigid here !!!!

-Gypsy
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

The sun just came out!!!😊. Won’t last long, supposed to get another storm. Still have power 😊. Just can’t get up the hill. Might have to get my 4x4 truck going. Wasn’t going to, because the guy that was fixing brakes never came back, brakes are good, tires in front are not the best. Need rotar on front brakes, but will be fine to drive into town. Not a very good start to 2021. Will get BETTER 🤗... Have a great day everyone.... H
4 x