Honest Feedback From A Real Customer

Purrkitty

Honest Feedback From A Real Customer

Post by Purrkitty » 3 years ago

I'd like to provide an honest review about the new autopay feature, from a frequent $1 Auction LC customer.

I very am happy to see LC begin offering this option.
It is a good solution to some of the problems I as a regular customer face while participating in the $1 Auctions.
By regular, I mean a customer who buys items solely for their own personal use.

The free shipping auto pay provides is awesome!! I can buy so much more now that I don't have to worry about a shipping charge per item.
Previously, I would try to win $50 worth of things I wanted before the time was up.
This was difficult because I couldn't always win enough items before the time released them, and it was very expensive to pay $50 a pop.

Now here's where autopay makes some people angry: They dont like the changes precisely because it's their problematic behavior autopay is designed to prevent.

With autopay, you must be much more careful what items you place a bid on. No longer can you bid on an item you kind of want, only to decide later not to buy it. It also discourages bidding on multiple auctions of the same item, and then paying only for the cheapest one you win.
Now when you bid on an item, it is a contract to pay that amount if you win.

I know this system works because it has worked for myself. I am now much more prudent about what bids I make.

Other customers have expressed concerned over accidentally clicking on an item, and then being responsible for buying it.
I understand, as I have been scrolling down and accidentally clicked bid now for an item I don't want. However, that is an extremely infrequent occurrence. As the autopay program continues on, I'm sure the kinks will be worked out.

I have also have had no issues with items being missing from my orders, and have only had a few items I won that was later cancelled due to no stock.
These are tiny prices to pay compared to how amazing LC is!
I am consistently surprised at the beauty and quality of their items. Many times I gasp upon opening a package, the item is just so gorgeous in person.
The LC has never let me down, and I shop with confidence knowing the high standards of products LC sells.

Thank you LC, and thank you for autopay!!!
9 x

AD

Re: Honest Feedback From A Real Customer

Post by AD » 3 years ago

When I use to bid the arrow showing to go to the 🔝 of the page would also be on the bid button so of course it would bid on the item I didn’t mean to bid on , don’t know if that is the case anymore, because I QUIT BUYING FOR SOME TIME NOW. Might start again after the problems get fixed.
4 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

Wow Purrkitty you expressed my thoughts purr-fectly! Prudent-now that’s a word that is UNDER-utilized in our culture today. I have been so much more careful when on the RA not to accidentally bid on random items (or let my cat stroll across my iPhone on my lap when I’m logged in);-)

Now my bids are carefully placed on items I want at prices I’m willing to pay! Remember: there will ALWAYS be an auction subsequent to your won auction where someone wins the item for LESS than what you paid! Just let us be happy for them on their bargain and MOVE ON.

“Problematic behavior” Ha ha I’m getting a kick out of your vernacular! So true. ‘Nuff said.

Lastly, I too am very happy with most all of the items I get from shoplc. I particularly like the “Bali” and “Artisan Crafted” lines of jewelry. Lots of compliments, and isn’t it fun when you can speak knowledgeably about the various gemstones, both well known and obscure? It’s amazing how much information we absorb about the pieces those gifted craftspeople produce and the unique stones they contain!

Happy Bidding! Cheers to free shipping!!
10 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I'm going to buy so much less from shop LC, which is a plus for the bank account. 😆😆😆😆😆 Because of the shipping cost and the post office issues that I have and people having issues with their accounts. It's not because I won too many items, it's because of all the issues that people have had to get their accounts strained out. Whether it's overcharging or double charging for whole orders. I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I only buy for myself, friends, and family. I don't resell. So like I stated before in other threads, if they have coupons for a percentage off or like they used to have free shipping days or $.99 or $1.99 shipping, then I won't be buying barely anything from here anymore. Which kind of stinks because mostly all of my gifts would come from the ra. But I will wait and give it a couple months to see how others like it and I might open up a small bank account and try it out. Hope you and others have great success and win some awesome items. 😊
12 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

I’m going to sound like the bad guy. I noticed several customers saying they like to decide if they are going to buy the items they bid on and win. I was always under the assumption that if you bid on an item you were contractually responsible to purchase the item. The SLC auction terms says:

“Can I retract or cancel my bid?
You can't retract, remove, or cancel a bid. When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder”.

Therefore I have always tried to be very careful. The times my finger slipped or I made an accidental bid I either contacted customer service to advise them of the mistake or if it was an inexpensive item I just paid for it. If we are bidding on items that we are not sure that we want to buy it’s not much different than the rogue bidders that we complain about who rob us of the chance to buy items that we want.

So far the autopay has been working good for me, other than one time for some reason there was a day delay in confirming an order. I appreciate the free shipping. Also if anyone is interested in setting up autopay to get the free shipping on the RA but concerned about having their credit card on file, you may want to consider to purchase a Visa or AMX gift card and use it until the funds run out or refill it when you want to. The gift card fee is a lot cheaper than shipping costs if you bid on and win at least a few items. I too have had some problems and delayed shipping so I’m going to try to stop bidding until my orders catch up. Just my two cents so please don’t be angry with me.
8 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

Does using Auto Pay mean you can no longer use discount coupons?
bluez
5 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
Does using Auto Pay mean you can no longer use discount coupons?
bluez
I think autopay is available only for the rising auctions. There hasn’t been a coupon or discount code for the auctions in a very long time. But good question in case SLC ever offers a discount on the auctions again.
4 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

If you sign up for Auto Pay, doesn't it apply to all purchases?
bluez
2 x

Purrkitty

No, AutoPay only pertains to auctions.
Autopay automatically pays for all auctions you have won in the past day or so.
It is designed to reward people who actually pay for the auctions they win. This eliminates bidding on items, and not paying for them. Winning an auction and not paying makes the item unavailable for a couple of days until it goes back into rotation. This prevents everyone who actually want to bid on the item to be able to.

Autopay will make the $1 auctions better for all of us.

Purchases in other areas of the site stay the same.
4 x

Purrkitty

No, AutoPay only pertains to auctions.
Autopay automatically pays for all auctions you have won in the past day or so.
It is designed to reward people who actually pay for the auctions they win. This eliminates bidding on items, and not paying for them. Winning an auction and not paying makes the item unavailable for a couple of days until it goes back into rotation. This prevents everyone who actually want to bid on the item to be able to.

Autopay will make the $1 auctions better for all of us.

Purchases in other areas of the site stay the same.
Last edited by Purrkitty 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x