What to do with empty jewelry boxes?

Blossom

Re: What to do with empty jewelry boxes?

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Ladies! I just had the tackiest/cheap idea for the blue boxes...wait for it...
If you need more jewelry, button, paper clips, etc storage, take a shoe box or any shallow box, maybe just using the bottom of blue boxes, glue or double side tape them inside the shoe box & keep your jewelry or small items better organized! For your eyes only of course (cuz it ain't gonna be pretty). This idea comes from too many years of DIY in my life!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
If you need more jewelry, button, paper clips, etc storage, take a shoe box or any shallow box, maybe just using the bottom of blue boxes, glue or double side tape them inside the shoe box & keep your jewelry or small items better organized! For your eyes only of course (cuz it ain't gonna be pretty). This idea comes from too many years of DIY in my life!
Great idea @Blossom !

You know, you could make it purdy if you want! Use a flat box with a lid that lifts (Le Creuset box comes to mind). Cover or decorate. Fill like you said with the blue boxes of all shapes - just like a jewelry organizer box. Line the top inside of the box with either felt or some other soft fabric.

Instant jewelry box using leftover items! Great way to upcycle Blossom!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ok...you’re likely sick of my ideas but that little deer jewelry holder gave me an idea 💡

Get a small tree (not Christmas tree) at the craft store. Lighted would be fun. Make a ribbon hanger for the boxes and use Velcro tabs to secure lids.

Use it as a giving tree for little gifts or messages. Great for a wedding too.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

You are all so creative !!!!! I like every one of those ideas 😺
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Great idea @Blossom !

You know, you could make it purdy if you want! Use a flat box with a lid that lifts (Le Creuset box comes to mind). Cover or decorate. Fill like you said with the blue boxes of all shapes - just like a jewelry organizer box. Line the top inside of the box with either felt or some other soft fabric.

Instant jewelry box using leftover items! Great way to upcycle Blossom!
Aw golly gee, thanks RS! Yours gonna be purdier than mine fur shore!😄
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

These are all great ideas.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Right now they are selling one pound bags of gemstones for crafting, you could use them to decorate your box project.
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I like to take the ribbon off and hot glue it on the back to make it hang able on a Christmas tree. I place anything from $1 bills to a prize box of a $5 bill on a small prelit Christmas tree 🎄 that I decorate for our grandsons bedroom. I let them each pick 3-4 boxes and whatever is inside they keep. They take the boxes home and put their little marbles, jacks or small treasures in. They love selecting their own money 💰 box each year.
6 x

Moderator_Miranda

Post by Moderator_Miranda » 4 years ago

Just an FYI, the cardboard components are recyclable, but the satin and ribbon is not. Hope you guys have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Miranda A
5 x