“Dirty” Diamonds

D-Flawless

“Dirty” Diamonds

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Let me start by saying I love ShopLC but there’s one thing I absolutely cannot tolerate...”Dirty” Diamonds!! Why do you use such poor quality Diamonds as accent stones?!? I recently bought a gorgeous Martha Rocha Kunzite ring with Diamonds. The poor quality of the Diamonds was just shocking! They looked like dirty salt and ruined the entire look of the ring. I had to return it and then I noticed that there was a review saying the same thing...someone else had returned it due to the poor quality Diamonds! I believe I received the same ring actually because the tag on it was worn...like someone wore it for awhile and kept the tag on it! Then last week I made the mistake of buying a big Moldavite ring and matching pendant...both surrounded by Diamonds. And once again....the Diamonds on both are horrible quality...an opaque white...zero clarity! How can anyone wear these poor quality Diamonds?!? They don’t even deserve to be called Diamonds! I have 4 custom made rings that have d-flawless Diamonds in them and the Diamonds ShopLC uses are on the opposite end of the spectrum! ShopLC: PLEEEEEEEZE STOP using poor quality Diamonds combined with beautiful stones like Kunzite, Morganite and Moldavite! Please use White Zircon instead...it has a higher refractive index than Diamonds anyway and would accent the main stone so much better not to mention cutting down on the number of returns! From now on if an item has Diamonds on it I refuse to buy it because I know I will only be disgusted and disappointed by the poor quality! Most of the hosts are Graduate Gemologists so I don’t know how they can stand there on live TV and rave about the beauty and quality of such obviously garbage Diamonds!!! This is just SAD!!
9 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: “Dirty” Diamonds

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Good morning, thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded your feedback and suggestions to our jewelry department.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Let me start by saying I love ShopLC but there’s one thing I absolutely cannot tolerate...”Dirty” Diamonds!! Why do you use such poor quality Diamonds as accent stones?!? I recently bought a gorgeous Martha Rocha Kunzite ring with Diamonds. The poor quality of the Diamonds was just shocking! They looked like dirty salt and ruined the entire look of the ring. I had to return it and then I noticed that there was a review saying the same thing...someone else had returned it due to the poor quality Diamonds! I believe I received the same ring actually because the tag on it was worn...like someone wore it for awhile and kept the tag on it! Then last week I made the mistake of buying a big Moldavite ring and matching pendant...both surrounded by Diamonds. And once again....the Diamonds on both are horrible quality...an opaque white...zero clarity! How can anyone wear these poor quality Diamonds?!? They don’t even deserve to be called Diamonds! I have 4 custom made rings that have d-flawless Diamonds in them and the Diamonds ShopLC uses are on the opposite end of the spectrum! ShopLC: PLEEEEEEEZE STOP using poor quality Diamonds combined with beautiful stones like Kunzite, Morganite and Moldavite! Please use White Zircon instead...it has a higher refractive index than Diamonds anyway and would accent the main stone so much better not to mention cutting down on the number of returns! From now on if an item has Diamonds on it I refuse to buy it because I know I will only be disgusted and disappointed by the poor quality! Most of the hosts are Graduate Gemologists so I don’t know how they can stand there on live TV and rave about the beauty and quality of such obviously garbage Diamonds!!! This is just SAD!!
[*]I agree with you D-Flawless. Zircon is the better alternative. However, if the zircons are poorly cut and showing windows, they won't shine either.

Moderator edited to remove light blue font color which is difficult to read against a white background.
5 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
I have to agree on the quality of the diamonds received lately. I purchased several diamond last month and there was no sparkle/brilliance whatsoever to the stones. I have purchased diamonds in the past and only one order could be considered top quality diamonds. I took a chance and ordered tonight's TLV and will let you know if these diamonds are of good quality. According to the presentation they were designed for another seller and I am hoping the quality is better than the ones designed to sell on Shop LC...Update to come!
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree, I have returned most of my diamond purchases. I watch the host saying how great the quality is but they are horrible, I will not buy them anymore or any ring that has them as an accent stone. Do these host think we are all blind and we will not see how bad the diamonds are when they come in and the way they compare them to online diamond items is a joke too. I was just on another network selling diamond hoop earrings in 5 different sizes and guess what, the diamonds are graded so you know what you are buying and the price was very good for the grade.
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue with the Diamonds! In fairness I have to say I’ve received horrible quality Diamonds from there places as well but that doesn’t make it acceptable. Maybe some people have never seen excellent quality Diamonds so they have no comparison? That’s the only explanation I can think of! Very disappointing to the rest of us who own quality Diamonds! 💎😢
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I cant get an answer. I asked Dionne and now Natasha whether Serabs diamonds are enhanced. No answer. His grading of i1 tells me that the inclusions can be seen with the naked eye. If they are NATURAL, not ENHANCED diamonds and small enough its still passable. But, if the white diamonds are enhanced to become a G color with i1 clarity, then those diamonds started out very poor color and quality. I want to give the Diamonds as gifts, if they are not enhanced. So by not answering me, SLC loses a sale.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Oh my goodness. The diamond studs have a cert. EGL is known to overgrade diamonds. Happened to me over 1 year ago. Egl’s cert was a si2. My jeweler said it was a i2. Returned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness. The diamond studs have a cert. EGL is known to overgrade diamonds. Happened to me over 1 year ago. Egl’s cert was a si2. My jeweler said it was a i2. Returned
Thanks for sharing the info on EGL diamond
grading Vicki. Always good to know. The diamonds
here are always road gravel in my experience
2 x