What.happened to the Joy ?

Gypsy

What.happened to the Joy ?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I've been a shoplc customer for aprox. 3 yrs, and things are soooooo different now and not for the better. Because of the ridiculous max bidding by some I've completely stopped even trying to participate in any auctions. Used to be fun not frustrating.The discounts and coupons are so restrictive now. A person can get whiplash trying to keep up with the price changes. And the shipping charges are all over.the place and too high. It appears as if shoplc is only concerned about bringing in new customers and and not so.much about the rest of us. And we can stop complaining that we cant read the banners cause whoever made the graphics apparently likes them and doesn't care. It almost seems as if the "new" management is only intent on one thing..... how many new customers can we get.
Because we've all said it( even me) "I'm done.....I've had enough..... yet there is always another order. They used to always say it was about 'bringing joy'..
So please tell me, what happened ? Go ahead.......I'll wait
14 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Re: What.happened to the Joy ?

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

@Gyspy

You took the words out of my mouth 🥺don't hold your breath waiting!!
8 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Eve wrote:
4 years ago
@Gyspy

I know, it was just eating at me and I needed to write it down. 😟
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Eve wrote:
4 years ago
@Gyspy

Venting is good. Guess that's why they gave us this forum. I don't expect much anymore & don't watch/shop at all like I did in the past. Sad but true.
8 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Eve wrote:
4 years ago
@Gyspy

Venting is good. Guess that's why they gave us this forum. I don't expect much anymore & don't watch/shop at all like I did in the past. Sad but true.
It's not the same, and it's very difficult to watch as things get worse and worse, not better.
😖

It is definitely NOT a "joyful" experience like it used to be. In fact, it seems to be the opposite. Instead of "Delivering Joy", they seem to be delivering mostly frustration. And, to quite a lot of their long term, loyal customers who are obviously buying less, or not at all.

Sad to say it, but I don't believe things will be the way they used to be. I don't believe things will get better. I believe things will continue to get worse. They had a great thing going for quite awhile, but I think it's over.
😕 🙁 ☹️
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I know in the past few days I have purchased more from other shopping networks, they do not stay of the same item for ever, I know the price right away and the items are shown and measured at the beginning not at the last minute when it is almost sold out. I also get my items from these other networks in just a few days and they come in nicely packed packages.
8 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I've been a shoplc customer for aprox. 3 yrs, and things are soooooo different now and not for the better. Because of the ridiculous max bidding by some I've completely stopped even trying to participate in any auctions. Used to be fun not frustrating.The discounts and coupons are so restrictive now. A person can get whiplash trying to keep up with the price changes. And the shipping charges are all over.the place and too high. It appears as if shoplc is only concerned about bringing in new customers and and not so.much about the rest of us. And we can stop complaining that we cant read the banners cause whoever made the graphics apparently likes them and doesn't care. It almost seems as if the "new" management is only intent on one thing..... how many new customers can we get.
Because we've all said it( even me) "I'm done.....I've had enough..... yet there is always another order. They used to always say it was about 'bringing joy'..
Unfortunately, that's how pyramid *******s work as well. As customers who have been purchasing for years, I am thinking that life span cycle has just about worn out and now it's time to get fresh customers in to start the cycle all over again. I find that I am purchasing less and less from all of the online shopping networks including Amazon. The main reason was the quality versus the price per value of the items received.

1. There seems to be no interest (after the sale) to actually get the item purchased to the customer in a timely manner.

2. There seems to be no interest (after the sale) to actually get the item purchased to the customer in good condition. Thus the shotty packaging and shipping in the warehouse.

3. There seems to be a lot of sending customers items that have been used or recycled or fixed because previous customer returned for defects. To me those items should not be put back into circulation unless they are labeled "as is" and the customer is fully aware of previous defects. Then they can make an informed decision as to purchase or not.

4. There is too much inconsistency in pricing.

5. There is too much embellishing and hype when presenting and selling items. I don't think the networks know that most "Seasoned" customers do as much research as they do before purchasing an item.

6. Overall, the quality of the products offered has decreased over the years to save money for the company but not so much for the consumer. Cheap low quality items being manufactured overseas (to cut costs) and there seems to be no over sight on what is imported for sale to the consumers.

Just my 2 cents!!!!

Yes, the motto of "Delivering Joy" is good but that means nothing when the customer whose money has already been taken for an item receives "Less then Joy" when the product arrives.
10 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I know in the past few days I have purchased more from other shopping networks, they do not stay of the same item for ever, I know the price right away and the items are shown and measured at the beginning not at the last minute when it is almost sold out. I also get my items from these other networks in just a few days and they come in nicely packed packages.
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Unfortunately, that's how pyramid *******s work as well. As customers who have been purchasing for years, I am thinking that life span cycle has just about worn out and now it's time to get fresh customers in to start the cycle all over again.

I find that I am purchasing less and less from all of the online shopping networks including Amazon. The main reason was the quality versus the price per value of the items received.

1. There seems to be no interest (after the sale) to actually get the item purchased to the customer in a timely manner.

2. There seems to be no interest (after the sale) to actually get the item purchased to the customer in good condition. Thus the shotty packaging and shipping in the warehouse.

3. There seems to be a lot of sending customers items that have been used or recycled or fixed because previous customer returned for defects. To me those items should not be put back into circulation unless they are labeled "as is" and the customer is fully aware of previous defects. Then they can make an informed decision as to purchase or not.

5. There is too much embellishing and hype when presenting and selling items. I don't think the networks know that most "Seasoned" customers do as much research as they do before purchasing an item.

6. Overall, the quality of the products offered has decreased over the years to save money for the company but not so much for the consumer. Cheap low quality items being manufactured overseas (to cut costs) and there seems to be no over sight on what is imported for sale to the consumers.

Just my 2 cents!!!!

Yes, the motto of "Delivering Joy" is good but that means nothing when the customer whose money has already been taken for an item receives "Less then Joy" when the product arrives.
YES, YES, and...YESSSSS!!!!

Oh, and just in case I didn't say it...
YES!
5 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Unfortunately, that's how pyramid *******s work as well. As customers who have been purchasing for years, I am thinking that life span cycle has just about worn out and now it's time to get fresh customers in to start the cycle all over again. I find that I am purchasing less and less from all of the online shopping networks including Amazon. The main reason was the quality versus the price per value of the items received.

Just my 2 cents!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time and listing your feedback about the changes experienced with the ShopLC. I am so very sorry to hear that we have not been keeping up with our motto of Delivering Joy. The voice of our customers is important to us, and this does allow us the opportunities to provide improvement on the aspects of our business that you all notice. All the feedback and suggestions provided here have been forwarded to our various teams in charge so that we can work towards our goal of improving ourselves for the sake of our customers' satisfaction and enjoyment. Once again, I offer my sincerest apologies for any and all inconveniences that each of you have experienced!
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Just my 2 cents!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time and listing your feedback about the changes experienced with the ShopLC. I am so very sorry to hear that we have not been keeping up with our motto of Delivering Joy. The voice of our customers is important to us, and this does allow us the opportunities to provide improvement on the aspects of our business that you all notice. All the feedback and suggestions provided here have been forwarded to our various teams in charge so that we can work towards our goal of improving ourselves for the sake of our customers' satisfaction and enjoyment. Once again, I offer my sincerest apologies for any and all inconveniences that each of you have experienced!
If they didn't break it to begin with.........
It was really that easy.
4 x