Yellowing Welo Opals

bluez

Yellowing Welo Opals

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

Tenner spoke about Welo Opals turning yellow on the evening of 4/11/21. If you missed it, it is on Face Book. https://www.facebook.com/shoplctv/video ... 5801416244

bluez
8 x

JA

Re: Yellowing Welo Opals

Post by JA » 3 years ago

Thanks I watched the video with Tenner explaining the reason the opals change color. It's a relief to know that I didn't buy bad opals. I couldn't watch the whole thing but did he say anything about opals getting wet. Later I'm going to watch the whole thing :)
6 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Some one said on post put them in white rice and that took the yellow iut. I am not sure about that.😊💚🍀
8 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

“Caramel” is not the word I would use for the color my welo opals became. They are now too embarrassing looking to wear.
10 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
3 years ago
Some one said on post put them in white rice and that took the yellow iut. I am not sure about that.😊💚🍀
I tried the rice it didn't help. Several years ago I bought an opal cross and at the time I didn't know was tanzanite on the four ends at a Greek festival. The next day I looked at the opals in the daylight and they looked almost like mustard in their color. Not good
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Look at geology.com for Ethiopian opal might explain. 🙂
5 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

Thanks, AD.

Now I want to know if the dyed, Miami Blue, opals are going to change color!!! Can someone tell me??

Thanks,
bluez
5 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 2 years ago

ALL of my Welo Opals turned yellow. I know how to protect them. You know the saying, last on, first off. Also, I never got them wet and they STILL turned PEE YELLOW. Also, they are in jewelry boxes that I bought from them. Shop LC would only refund a few of the pieces I bought. I still have SEVERAL items including a tennis necklace that I bought and never even wore that is yellow. They would not refund due to having these pieces for over a year. Now it has been over 3 years. They are all disgusting. It really chaps my hide every time I look in my jewelry boxes at them. It really makes me angry every time I see them presenting Welo Opals for hundreds of dollars and unsuspecting customers are going to buy that trash.

I wish Shop LC would refund ALL of the Welo Opals that I still have, you know, those legacy pieces that will be handed down to my grand kids. What a joke.
10 x

Sea

Post by Sea » 2 years ago

I have two beautiful opal rings that in the beginning were so pretty then they for no reason turned yellow color. Needless to say it was too late to return so now they sit in my jewelry box and I wasted money on them. Not happy at all with these results. Now when they have shows on I cringe at the poor clueless people buying this gem.
8 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 2 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks, AD.

Now I want to know if the dyed, Miami Blue, opals are going to change color!!! Can someone tell me??

Thanks,
bluez
They'll probably turn green. Blue and Yellow make Green. LOL
4 x