ShopLC Have Increased Prices TOO Much!

OtherSideOfTheTracks

ShopLC Have Increased Prices TOO Much!

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I've watched and shopped for a few months and I've witnessed the SLC prices increase exponentially and now most products are priced outside of my comfort zone. The changes are not good and the website is horrendous with outdated information. It seems transparency is non existent and I believe customers should have some feedback from new personnel about changes. Also, the smackdowns are a joke! Hosts make a big deal of going down in price (forever) but disappointing when the bottom "deal price" is now only 20 bucks less. "Deal price?" = joke. Everything seems to be stuck at $59.99 now and that's too much. SLC will lose more sales by going up in price than keeping them low and going the volume way. Today, I saw Cheryl say, "we have sold enough, we don't have to go down" - so there it is.... customers like me, on a budget, is screwed and can't compete with more affluent people. Life isn't fair I know - but I'm watching less and less and caring less and less about their products. It's more a source for me to "google" and find the products elsewhere for less money.

The Shungite products is also ridiculously waaay too much expensive. Do a quick search and you will find great Shungite easily elsewhere with better prices than SLC and I bought $100 of nice Shungite gifts on the "big river" website - with free shipping and returns at my house in two days!!

One last grip, the "buy all" option should include ONE SHIPPING price! As it is now, if you buy all - say four products - that's $2.99, $3.99, $4.99 EACH product or x 4! No way! If you buy 4 products from "buy all" it should be one shipping price!

The decision to go up in prices is the wrong one. Update your website for cryin' out loud with current info and hosts. Lower your prices. Be the special shopping network that wants me to check in to BUY something - not just watch. Don't scream while presenting products. Don't linger on one product forever = boring. Show product, move on and get more on air.

Thanks for listening.
15 x

Moderator_Connor

Re: ShopLC Have Increased Prices TOO Much!

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I've watched and shopped for a few months and I've witnessed the SLC prices increase exponentially and now most products are priced outside of my comfort zone. The changes are not good and the website is horrendous with outdated information. It seems transparency is non existent and I believe customers should have some feedback from new personnel about changes. Also, the smackdowns are a joke! Hosts make a big deal of going down in price (forever) but disappointing when the bottom "deal price" is now only 20 bucks less. "Deal price?" = joke. Everything seems to be stuck at $59.99 now and that's too much. SLC will lose more sales by going up in price than keeping them low and going the volume way. Today, I saw Cheryl say, "we have sold enough, we don't have to go down" - so there it is.... customers like me, on a budget, is screwed and can't compete with more affluent people. Life isn't fair I know - but I'm watching less and less and caring less and less about their products. It's more a source for me to "google" and find the products elsewhere for less money.

The Shungite products is also ridiculously waaay too much expensive. Do a quick search and you will find great Shungite easily elsewhere with better prices than SLC and I bought $100 of nice Shungite gifts on the "big river" website - with free shipping and returns at my house in two days!!

One last grip, the "buy all" option should include ONE SHIPPING price! As it is now, if you buy all - say four products - that's $2.99, $3.99, $4.99 EACH product or x 4! No way! If you buy 4 products from "buy all" it should be one shipping price!

The decision to go up in prices is the wrong one. Update your website for cryin' out loud with current info and hosts. Lower your prices. Be the special shopping network that wants me to check in to BUY something - not just watch. Don't scream while presenting products. Don't linger on one product forever = boring. Show product, move on and get more on air.

Thanks for listening.
Good Evening!

Thank you so much for your feedback & suggestions about the recent price changes and Buy All. Your feedback has been forwarded to our teams in charge of marketing and prices. We offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by recent changes!
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago

Thanks for listening.
I agree 💯!!!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

🌞 😉 🌞
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Besides the prices increasing, we now have to pay tax ( all websites now must charge tax) it adds quite a bit to the charge. Now Shoplc shipping cost on lots of items have gone way up, although they still use DHL which CRAWLS until they hand it over to USPS.
But, the biggest complain amongst my large social media group is SLC stays FOREVER on a item. 2-3 countdown clocks have become the norm. Dont they realize how upsetting this is. Presenting MANY items, produces MANY sales. Studies show that if buyers dont buy in the first minutes, they will end up returning it, because they really didn’t want the product, but were COAXED into buying by aggressive hosts.
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Besides the prices increasing, we now have to pay tax ( all websites now must charge tax) it adds quite a bit to the charge. Now Shoplc shipping cost on lots of items have gone way up, although they still use DHL which CRAWLS until they hand it over to USPS.
But, the biggest complain amongst my large social media group is SLC stays FOREVER on a item. 2-3 countdown clocks have become the norm. Dont they realize how upsetting this is. Presenting MANY items, produces MANY sales. Studies show that if buyers dont buy in the first minutes, they will end up returning it, because they really didn’t want the product, but were COAXED into buying by aggressive hosts.
So well said Vicky!!!
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I totally agree with you about the prices of things. I looked at the “big river website “ last night and you’re right about their prices being so affordable on shungite. I will be ordering from there in the future, they had some of the same items for less than half the price. I know these moderators will say it wasn’t the same from Russia, but I know what I read and saw. I don’t understand why being charged tax now when before it said only Texas was charged this and I agree about the shipping. But also when I order several items they come in the same package, why charge me several shipping charges when they are in the same container? I too am turning the channel when they stay on the same product for so long, I think it’s rather insulting to people trying to push a product on everyone by staying on it so long. I hope my reply doesn’t get locked by the moderator as it did before. ShopLC was terrific the way it was before, why not go back and stop these awful practices? :)
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I totally agree with you about the prices of things. I looked at the “big river website “ last night and you’re right about their prices being so affordable on shungite. I will be ordering from there in the future, they had some of the same items for less than half the price. I know these moderators will say it wasn’t the same from Russia, but I know what I read and saw. I don’t understand why being charged tax now when before it said only Texas was charged this and I agree about the shipping. But also when I order several items they come in the same package, why charge me several shipping charges when they are in the same container? I too am turning the channel when they stay on the same product for so long, I think it’s rather insulting to people trying to push a product on everyone by staying on it so long. I hope my reply doesn’t get locked by the moderator as it did before. ShopLC was terrific the way it was before, why not go back and stop these awful practices? :)
I ordered shungite FROM Karelia, Russia. They don’t have the fine jewelry items that SLC does so that I get here. But the other stuff...beads, Elite rough, etc. they do.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
YESSSSS! And in today's world, the "average" attention span has changed. A LOT! For so many people, it is MUCH shorter.

Staying on one product too long with viewers who have shorter attention spans does NOT make them buy.

It bores them & makes them change the channel.

MOST salespeople KNOW this.
6 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

It seems to me that they are trying to compete with the other three large shopping networks but they really cannot 😂not as of now at least you cannot charge the same prices on items that do not have a designer name on it and a certain amount of quality and quality control!! the jewlery maybeBut if the jewelry will be the same price as the other places we might as well shop there and have no shipping or customer service issues.
Just saying
6 x