Product Descriptions

anniebelle

Product Descriptions

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Do you ever wonder about the people writing the descriptions? Sounds like Adi's flowery dissertations! I wonder if they speak good English? Or are they deliberately laughing as they write garbage! Do they wonder if we, the customers ever read these. One I read today made me laugh out loud! It is for the Jovie snakeskin sandals which are not snakeskin at all! Wondering what they ARE made of, the description says faux leather. But there's more: "The open toe allows free movement of your fingers,"

Very thoughtful of them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
16 x

Gem Lover

Re: Product Descriptions

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

I’m just guessing but this person who enters the info probably works full time with benefits. I’m retired now, but in my previous job my reports had to be accurate & perfect. I don’t think some of the people on their “team” even know what that means. ☹️☹️☹️ 🙄🙄🙄
10 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 years ago

The description also states you can wear the sandals with “hot pants” I haven’t heard that phrase since 1971 when I was in Jr. High school!!
10 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Good one Bella. :lol: H🙂
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Do you ever wonder about the people writing the descriptions? Sounds like Adi's flowery dissertations! I wonder if they speak good English? Or are they deliberately laughing as they write garbage! Do they wonder if we, the customers ever read these. One I read today made me laugh out loud! It is for the Jovie snakeskin sandals which are not snakeskin at all! Wondering what they ARE made of, the description says faux leather. But there's more: "The open toe allows free movement of your fingers,"

Obviously for those who can walk on their hands. :D
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Lulu wrote:
2 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 2 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Lulu wrote:
2 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not as funny as you think. In my native language fingers and toes are the same words. Even in English, they are both "digits". But they do need proof readers. These mistakes add to the overall "lack of sophistication" of some of the hosts and many of the products.
4 x