Too many “simulants”!

D-Flawless

Too many “simulants”!

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Is anyone else disgusted by the plethora of “simulated” stones lately?!? If I wanted a cheap, fake stone I’d go to Kohl’s! I can remember when this channel first started as TJC in April 2007 there was nothing but 14k gold jewelry sold! Then 10k was introduced and silver came in after it become The Liquidation Channel and now as ShopLC....it looks more and more like a Wal-Mart each day! Ughhhhhh! I understand the price of gold went insanely high but do we really need simulated stones? That’s a new low that really depresses me! I love the fact that a meal is donated to a hungry child with each purchase (I figure I’ve fed over 60,000 kids!) but the emphasis seems to be on quantity NOT quality now! A huge disappointment! Soon this will be nothing more than another online Wal-Mart! 😢
Last edited by D-Flawless 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Catticus

Re: Too many “simulants”!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Is anyone else disgusted by the plethora of “simulated” stones lately?!? If I wanted a cheap, fake stone I’d go to Kohl’s! I can remember when this channel first started as JTV in April 2007 there was nothing but 14k gold jewelry sold! Then 10k was introduced and silver came in after it become The Liquidation Channel and now as ShopLC....it looks more and more like a Wal-Mart each day! Ughhhhhh! I understand the price of gold went insanely high but do we really need simulated stones? That’s a new low that really depresses me! I love the fact that a meal is donated to a hungry child with each purchase (I figure I’ve fed over 60,000 kids!) but the emphasis seems to be on quantity NOT quality now! A huge disappointment! Soon this will be nothing more than another online Wal-Mart! 😢
I have noticed and thought the exact same thing! 🥺
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

ha... hi ya, Walmart does sell SLC. check it out on the web.
you'll see many things, some that have been shown by hosts,
and for a few dollars more than what it was aired.
luv ya all
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I've seen SLC items at W! In the store and online! 😂
3 x

D-Flawless

OMG! Really?!? I was just joking....now I have to go look! 😲
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hi ya, I went to the site to check it out and noticed a
disclaimer from W saying that the items are as SLC
describes and then something that I had not seen before
was that items say that they are sold and shipped
from SLC, two day delivery. I do not get out and
shop around like I used to but I would like to see the
hallmark on some items that are in W. might still be
the old STS hallmark or maybe even Djoy by now?
don't know?
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I also do not intend to buy glass stones here either. Or for that matter, half of the junk that they sell on “under $10 Friday’s” :|
8 x

D-Flawless

Unbelievable....just looked on Walmart and there’s TONS of ShopLC jewelry! Looked mostly like the super low end made in China junk! Two day delivery appears to be $6. How are they pulling that off?!? Definitely not DHL! 🤣🤣 Like I said before, the emphasis has definitely shifted from quality to quantity! 😡
6 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Is anyone else disgusted by the plethora of “simulated” stones lately?!? If I wanted a cheap, fake stone I’d go to Kohl’s! I can remember when this channel first started as JTV in April 2007 there was nothing but 14k gold jewelry sold! Then 10k was introduced and silver came in after it become The Liquidation Channel and now as ShopLC....it looks more and more like a Wal-Mart each day! Ughhhhhh! I understand the price of gold went insanely high but do we really need simulated stones? That’s a new low that really depresses me! I love the fact that a meal is donated to a hungry child with each purchase (I figure I’ve fed over 60,000 kids!) but the emphasis seems to be on quantity NOT quality now! A huge disappointment! Soon this will be nothing more than another online Wal-Mart! 😢
Good Afternoon!

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so sorry to hear this! Your feedback has been forwarded to our merchandising teams so that we can use it to help improve our lineup.
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

SLC also sells on Amazon and EBAY. 2 day free shipping. SLC recently sold a 9 ct Grandidierite ring on Amazon cheaper then on their own website. I sent SLC a pic of it.
Its ok for them to be branching out. What bothers me the most is in the last few months, the site has totally changed for the negative. Prices have gone up. Most things Im hoping to buy dont ever get the coupon. I used to buy hundreds of items if they ended up putting a coupon when there were only a few left. They didn’t artificially increase the price and then add a coupon. No. It was their price, but now with a coupon. I was able to buy hundreds of items for my extended family, adding up to about 40 kids Birthdays, holidays, engagements, graduations etc. Nowadays, I can get things cheaper on sites like Amazon with 2 day free shipping and free UPS returns.
I understand their President is new and is testing the waters.
I bet he changes the new DRAWN OUT final price. The hosts go on and on “ FOREVER” and just when I hope the next item will show, they will say: oh the President called and gave a lower price. So then its drawn out for another what seems forever. He seems nice, but as we all do, he will LIVE & LEARN.
10 x