Sharing my story; for what it’s worth

HowRevelationary

Sharing my story; for what it’s worth

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

My husband and I are 57 and 55 y o respectively. He retired on 12/31/19. I “retired” on the first day of lockdown in March ‘20 from the preschool where I worked. It never reopened. When word of the vaccines started to rollout, we agreed to take a “wait and see” approach for six months (we both are blessed with good health).

We also have seasonal allergies in common. So, as per usual in mid-March when the Juniper/Cedar trees started pollinating, cue the classic “hay fever” symptoms.

We managed to avoid Covid until this week. In the midst of our seasonal allergies I suddenly ran a fever on Tuesday. The tests came back positive for us on Wednesday and Thursday. This is where 20/20 hindsight kicks in. Maybe that cough I started on Sunday was a little too nagging and persistent to be just allergies? Maybe the headache that presented as the beginnings of a migraine on Monday PM (reduced to a shadow of a headache by painkiller) was part of a larger picture?

My husband never ran a fever, and his cough was pretty dry. He was fairly surprised by our diagnoses, given the close-to-home way we’ve lived our lives the past year. The county health department called to ask how we were, did we need anything, could we trace back two weeks of contacts to figure out where/when we were exposed. Here is the surprising fact: all the people who we spent time with for two weeks prior to symptom onset (cough) were already vaccinated!!

I’ve been winning this battle with the help of my two new best friends: Iver Mectin & A. Zithro Mycin. Many thanks are in order to friends who’ve done our grocery shopping, even stopping by to lend us a pulse oximeter. We have a 16 y o and 25 y o at home; both tested negative. Truly blessed!

A big “dose” of thanks also goes out to AFLDS.

Thanks for reading. Hope this edifies.
11 x

RS

Re: Sharing my story; for what it’s worth

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Ohh my goodness @HowRevelationary ...please please take care. I got it LAST spring when everything was just happening. I too didn’t realize what it was at first as I too have seasonal allergies. I am the same age as you and also have excellent health. My husband is 12 years older than I am and our children are out of the house.
I went back and forth with the tests results however. I think they hadn’t been perfected yet. Has anything been regarding all of this?

Anyway...thank you for sharing. Please be well and take care of yourself and your family.
11 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

I hope you get better soon HR😊. I have not had COVID, but I know others who have. Take care of your self and hubby. ....H😊
9 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

To All. Sis says fully vaccinated persons, ie. those with the second dose at least two weeks behind them, should have at least 90% immunity from contracting a severe case of Covid themselves. However that does NOT mean they cannot transmit it to those who are not vaccinated. Apparently there are several currently ongoing studies as to how this happens.
10 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I had it last Jan. before all of the hoopla. I caught it from a neighbor who travels frequently by air, for his job. He told me that it was a BAD cold. It started with a horrible taste in my mouth and the worst sore throat EVER. I sort of suspected it was the virus, when I kept reading and hearing about it, on the news. Initially I was eating homemade chicken soup, but didn't start to fell better until I researched a little and found that fresh vegetables were more beneficial to healing and keeping my body healthy. Once I started eating salads instead of the soup, I felt energized and recovered quite nicely. I also took Holy Basil, Milk Thistle and ate fresh grapefruit.
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@HowRevelationary , what is AFLDS ???
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

People are under the assumption that if they get the shot they are safe and that is not true. If you do some research you will find that this shot does not protect you from getting the virus, it was intended to maybe make your symptoms less severe if you got it and that is a fact. Our largest news paper in NH (The Union Leader) just did an article on it last week and on the front page stated the number of people who have taken the shot and came down with the virus. There are many doctors who are now coming out and saying not to take it including a guy that was head of Pfizer who advises against it. These are experimental and were only approved for emergency use and still in the experimental mode. They are not like a flu vaccine. These vaccines shut off your natural immunity so they could be very harmful down the road. I have done much research on them and watched interviews with immunologist, doctors and scientist that have worked on and produced many vaccines but yet they are against this shot and they explain scientifically in detail why they are against them. Some countries have banned them and are using Ivermectin to prevent and treat the virus with great success.
5 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words. There are some wonderful souls on this forum.

My family doctor (or at least his office staff) wouldn’t do a thing to help me. Catch-22 situation: in order to get some medicine we had to come in to the office but we couldn’t come in because we were positive. Enter AFLDS: America’s Front Line Doctors-set up to do teledoc consults, they heavily promote the use of HCQ as a prophylactic measure and ivermectin as a treatment once the disease is in play. I tested positive on Wednesday, my husband on Thursday, we had a phone consultation by Thursday afternoon and our prescriptions were in the system the next day. We started our meds on Friday. As some of you may know, any delay in treatment (even by one day) can feel like a year-especially when your chest has that tight, weighty feeling and you wonder “what’s going on in there?”

I appreciate robust discussion and don’t wish to stir up any controversy. All I can convey is my own story and experience. AFLDS is not without their critics, especially in regards to their stance on experimental vaccines. They gave my husband and I much information to consider, as there are a lot of claims and counterclaims made by the folks touted in the media as “experts.” Each person should get as much information as they can from multiple sources before deciding on the best plan for themselves.

Our “wait and see how everything plays out before getting vaccinated” approach worked for us. We are well on the way to full recovery and now have natural immunity 🙂 According to an article on NIH site, natural immunity after Covid has been measured for at least 8 months or even longer. My husband and I will keep our options open, of course, but for 8 months the pressure is off the vaccination decision.

Thanks again, stay healthy & be happy!
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@HowRevelationary I am so glad you were able to get the treatments from them. I think it is horrible that so many have had to suffer or die because treatments that are proven to work are not being used and people are left to fend for themselves, it is inhuman and immoral. I hope you are both feeling better very soon.
7 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Thank you ladies for the posts. There is some good and very interesting information. I printed out the thread so I would have on hand.

@HowRevelationary
I'm glad that you and your husband are doing well 💞

Hope everyone is STILL being proactive in thier own safety and not simply thinking that the vaccine is going to keep them 100% safe from COVID now or the new strains 💞🙏💞

-Gypsy
6 x