stones falling out

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: stones falling out

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

We value the feedback from all of our customers, as this is a way that our company can continue to strive to make improvements in all areas.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Stephanie and the other Mods:

We realize you are doing your job. You're replying to comments and yes, complaints. This cannot be easy to do. Especially if you are unable to really DO anything to make things right for those who are unhappy with their purchases for VERY valid reasons.

If it sounded like I was yelling at you personally, please forgive me! I know that you too must feel frustration when you must handle complaints. After all, you did not design, create and set these pieces of jewelry.

It is so difficult and upsetting when the owners don't seem to care. They don't seem to want to take responsibility and do the right thing, either with replacements or refunds.

They don't seem to want satisfied customers. Yet, satisfied customers are repeat customers.

The owners only need to start creating QUALITY items instead of expensive "junk."

Sure, the pieces are often stunningly gorgeous. But when they're broken, missing stones, etc., all they have become are beautiful broken UNWEARABLE, NON-VALUABLE pieces of various metals and gemstones.

If the owners want to sell inferior items, they're going to end up with no business. They can change the name (AGAIN), but buyers have long memories. They won't return.

The competition out there will cause SLC to fold up and close their doors because buyers can easily find quality and well-priced items elsewhere. Not just TV channels. The internet is one humongous place, and beautiful jewelry at affordable prices CAN BE FOUND ONLINE, EVERYWHERE.

If the owners don't want to take responsibility because they simply do not care, I suppose that's their prerogative. Except that companies who behave in this manner DO NOT LAST.

Thank you for your replies, Stephanie, Danielle, Preston and the others who moderate this forum. I know it isn't an easy thing to do a lot of the time.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Well said! And correct...there are many other options in brick and mortar as well as online. “Needless Markup” NM, isn’t the only place to find comparisons. In fact, their prices can be a bit ridiculous so not really an accurate comp.
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

Shop LC touts itself as being vertically integrated and manufacturing it’s own jewelry, but it’s kind of hard to believe when many of the items say made in China and Shop LC is unable to replace the missing stones and broken findings. It’s very embarrassing when you are showing off a new “real” ruby ring ( which is actually a fissure filled substandard piece of ruby) and you haven’t noticed that one of the accent stones are already missing but the person you are showing the ring to notices. Every time I go to a craft store I search for tiny rhinestones that I can crazy glue onto my rings that have missing accent stones. I consider every purchase I make at Shop LC to be costume jewelry which is how I am able to justify continuing to purchase from them.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I do the same, consider it costume jewelry. My husband even calls it that! I won’t buy an Iliana piece or anything like that because I worry about quality and how long it will last.
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
Shop LC touts itself as being vertically integrated and manufacturing it’s own jewelry, but it’s kind of hard to believe when many of the items say made in China and Shop LC is unable to replace the missing stones and broken findings. It’s very embarrassing when you are showing off a new “real” ruby ring ( which is actually a fissure filled substandard piece of ruby) and you haven’t noticed that one of the accent stones are already missing but the person you are showing the ring to notices. Every time I go to a craft store I search for tiny rhinestones that I can crazy glue onto my rings that have missing accent stones. I consider every purchase I make at Shop LC to be costume jewelry which is how I am able to justify continuing to purchase from them.
Shop LC does manufacture our own jewelry. We have manufacturers in China, India, etc that create our jewelry and then it is shipped directly to our warehouse. Unfortunately, we do not keep a stock of loose gemstones on hand in our warehouse to be able to replace missing gemstones, except in certain exceptions which are handled on a case by case basis.
0 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I dont wear or give as gifts right away. My daughters diamond necklace I bought her was lost the first time she wore it. I think the lock was defective.
My biggest problem is the tv sample is ALWAYS much nicer then the ones I get. I wish they would show a random sample, not a carefully selected one. They might sell less, but retain the customer. I spread the word about shoplc, but most of them claim they had a bad experience for various reasons. Most feel the company uses hungry kids to encourage sales, since any charity a company gives to, they deduct on their taxes. Some claim that some hosts yell loudly, lie about products, etc.
I have complaints but am still buying. I just mute certain hosts. Improves my shopping experience.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Items with shared prongs are always a higher risk of losing stones. That's why I take a really close look at cluster items.
4 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Lulu & Vicky: I ordered one more ring and if it too is a piece of crap it’s going back and I Will Be DONE!!! They are on last chance w/ me. Quality of Stones and Settings have been good awful in the newer items for a few months. I’m here almost every day as I don’t feel alone I’m sure others have noticed!!! Also I’m noticing settings are hollowed out now too!? We can go elsewhere for bad jewelry & it’d be cheaper!!! They used to do a pretty good job for the most part( not bought much under 10$ in awhile). They can stay the cheapest like you say & idk about anyone else but I don’t spend even 20$ to throw in trash can!!! ( done w/ quite a few 10$ rings in the early days. Long story short FOR PETES SAKE MAKE IT GOOD GSO PRICES GO UP A LIL MORE?!
2 x

sassygirl

Post by sassygirl » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for your feedback, and we are truly sorry to hear about the multitude of issues you are experiencing with your jewelry. We have reached out to you privately to get some more information from you so that we can review your account and assist you.
i havent received an email about this topic.Where did you send it
1 x