Blossom be sure to wear your hat

Sissy2

Blossom be sure to wear your hat

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Blossom. JQ is sorry she did not get to share her thoughts on the Kentucky Derby with you before this. She got her Pfizer second shot. She is tired but as she says "she slapped this together on the fly". Her words. She says the favorite Essential Quality is a great horse but she does not like his post position much. At 6-5 odds it is not worth betting solely on a win since you will basically just get your money back at near even money. He could well factor into a trifecta or superfecta bet however. And if it rains he runs well on a wet track. Her next favorites are Rock Your World. Known Agenda some kind of a Hotrod, I can't read her writing, and Mandoloun. A favorite for a long shot bet would bee Medina Spirit because she says you can never count Bassett the trainer out. Also O Besos as a long shot. I know ZERO about horse racing. Never even been to one. Just passing this on. And I did get to learn how to start a new subject out of the deal. Hurray!
9 x

JA

Re: Blossom be sure to wear your hat

Post by JA » 2 years ago

It deserves a hooray for starting a new topic. It takes me forever to try and remember how I did it before and being 62 doesn't help :D
8 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote: โ†‘
2 years ago
Blossom. JQ is sorry she did not get to share her thoughts on the Kentucky Derby with you before this. She got her Pfizer second shot. She is tired but as she says "she slapped this together on the fly". Her words. She says the favorite Essential Quality is a great horse but she does not like his post position much. At 6-5 odds it is not worth betting solely on a win since you will basically just get your money back at near even money. He could well factor into a trifecta or superfecta bet however. And if it rains he runs well on a wet track. Her next favorites are Rock Your World. Known Agenda some kind of a Hotrod, I can't read her writing, and Mandoloun. A favorite for a long shot bet would bee Medina Spirit because she says you can never count Bassett the trainer out. Also O Besos as a long shot. I know ZERO about horse racing. Never even been to one. Just passing this on. And I did get to learn how to start a new subject out of the deal. Hurray!
@Sissy2
Hello & Congratulations on making new thread!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Please tell JQ no worries! She & I had alot going on yesterday.
I do like the looks of Essential Quality...nice looking horse (but aren't they all)! I've not gotten to see most of them other than pics online so am waiting to see which ones might change my mind when the pre-race show begins before filling out my racing card!
Soooooo glad JQ received her second Pfizer & hoping she doesn't have any side effectsโค
Hoping you don't either Sissy when you get yoursโค
Please tell JQ 'so far so good' regarding out of state company! After today, everyone is headed home!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Thanks to you & JQ for the post!
I rarely visit forum but our 'honey' was sweet enough to let me know!
Hope you & JQ have a safe but fun weekend!
Love you both!๐Ÿ’ž
8 x

Sissy2

Honey. I just got chewed out. The trainer of Medina Spirit is Bob Baffert not Basset. JQ says a really long shot that horse. Not much pedigree but has a great trainer. She is glad you made it through yesterday too. Whatever that means. And she says she is very disappointed that King Fury got scratched. He has a cold or something? She was hoping for a possible Triple Crown winner. All this horse talk makes my head spin.
Everyone. Have a great weekend.
5 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

Don't feel bad Sissy2. I know nothing about horses or racing. ๐Ÿด
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote: โ†‘
2 years ago
Honey. I just got chewed out. The trainer of Medina Spirit is Bob Baffert not Basset. JQ says a really long shot that horse. Not much pedigree but has a great trainer. She is glad you made it through yesterday too. Whatever that means. And she says she is very disappointed that King Fury got scratched. He has a cold or something? She was hoping for a possible Triple Crown winner. All this horse talk makes my head spin.
Everyone. Have a great weekend.
@Sissy2
Your sis definitely knows her stuff..no doubt about that!
Ya never know, we may haveTriple Crown winner! Won't be long now before we see who wins the Derby & you'll have couple weeks reprieve before the next race!๐Ÿ’ž
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 2 years ago

I'll just be watchin' the ponies. (heart)
4 x

Sissy2

So I asked JQ about the hat thing. She says wearing unique or flamboyant hats is a Kentucky Derby tradition. So guess what? She just made this hat out of the black netting you get around a ham and some sparkling paper and a bit of fabric. I am laughing myself silly right now. It does not go with her pink pajamas at all. That's my sister!
P S I wish I had a way to take a picture. What a Kodak moment.
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 2 years ago

Hi Sissy2,
:lol: all you need to do next, is to hand a Mint Julep to JQ :lol:

honey
5 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘