I must have missed something...

What-a-gem

I must have missed something...

Post by What-a-gem » 2 years ago

Why did they change the name if Burmese Ruby to Royal Tai?
I know the hosts have mentioned that they have been told that they need to sell all of their inventory of Burmese ruby..(political reasons)..but why the name change?
10 x

Rena

Re: I must have missed something...

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

It's possible they weren't even Burmese rubies to begin with.
It's possible another embargo will be put in place. Maybe they aren't going to grandfather rubies in.
Burma doesn't exist, it's Myanmar so maybe they aren't supposed to even call them Burmese rubies.
Even their Burmese rubies are FF. Not all but some. Just because it says Burma doesn't mean it's quality.
So, your guess is a good as mine . The original embargo was put in place because the government was committing terrible atrocities against it's citizens. That never changed so it's always been a mystery as to why Obama lifted the embargo in the first place.
11 x

What-a-gem

@Rena ty for your reply..very well put.
10 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

Royal Thai rubies are from Thailand not Myanmar (Burma).
12 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

Thanks for all of the info. I love Rubies and once I saw the Royal Thai name, I didn't even bother to watch because I didn't know what it meant.
I just read that the Pandora jewelry line, will no longer sell real diamonds, only created ones. The article mentioned all of the strife and laws broken in mining. I got a horrible thought, that maybe this is a trend? I certainly hope not. At any rate, if other companies follow suit, I imagine that real diamonds will get more scarce and be worth more.
12 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

I also saw that on the news.
9 x

Rena

RoseyRuby wrote:
2 years ago
Thanks for all of the info. I love Rubies and once I saw the Royal Thai name, I didn't even bother to watch because I didn't know what it meant.
I just read that the Pandora jewelry line, will no longer sell real diamonds, only created ones. The article mentioned all of the strife and laws broken in mining. I got a horrible thought, that maybe this is a trend? I certainly hope not. At any rate, if other companies follow suit, I imagine that real diamonds will get more scarce and be worth more.
There are diamonds that aren't responsibly mined or sourced. A reputable retailer will only buy when they can prove the diamonds aren't mined by children or slaves so to speak. Pandora is getting ahead by trying to convince people that mined diamonds are evil. It's a way to gain customers. Lab diamonds are like any lab stone, they will never be as valuable because they can always get more. Pandora is trying to affect people's opinions of mined diamonds. Also, as lab diamonds become more known and common, hopefully the price will go down. I have nothing against lab diamonds but diamonds aren't something I seek out. I will keep an eye on lab pink diamonds.
9 x

What-a-gem

Ok, so...I looked up SLC’s Thai Rubies..randomly chose to read the descriptions of the stones. I clicked on various pieces including earrings, bracelets, rings etc. When you scrolled down the page to read about the weights, clarity etc, quite a few of the Thai’s were labeled as “Burmese”. SLC’ which is it?
Some were listed as “Thai red rubies..imagine that..lol.
I missed the presentations of these Thai rubies..I wish I had heard the host’s description of
This stone. Which is why my post said “I must have missed something” Did anyone see/hear the first shows explanation?
Either way something isn’t clear. They look very pretty. Just curious.
BTW, I do know that they don’t call the Country Burma anymore. (Myanmar)
10 x

Rena

I'm sorry if I came across sounding like I thought you were dumb. Not my intention.
8 x

What-a-gem

:D @Rena. I think I’m just being a 💩 today. I apologize ♥️
8 x