Tony??

buyitall

Tony??

Post by buyitall » 2 years ago

What is up with Tony tonight??? Different earrings came up on the screen with multiple choices. Immediately he asked how many callers were calling in on the call center. Michelle was showing the FIRST pair of earrings and Tony immediately interrupted her and said they were moving on. She said wait a minute and he kept saying “Let’s move on Mr. Producer” over and over. He was rude to Michelle. Besides that people do not always jump on the phones immediately. Sometimes after seeing the host show them on the ear people decide to buy! On top of that he also rushed through the rare varisite material from Utah. Just because there are not a lot of people on the lines doesn’t mean they are not selling or will start selling in a couple of minutes.A lot of people...like me...prefer to shop on line! Then...an expensive diamond ring came on...and guess what?? He spent a lot of time! Anyway, I just don’t like how rude he is to co-hosts! He doesn’t respond to his co-hosts questions...ignores their comments...and constantly interrupts them! WHY???
15 x

JA

Re: Tony??

Post by JA » 2 years ago

That's a pet peeve of mine interrupting when someone else is talking. My husband does that all the time it really makes me angry :x
My choice of words in the above sentence were censored :lol:
I don't buy something when they are first showing it unless I saw it ahead of time and waiting for the price drop. A lot of time especially on jtv something I was lukewarm about they sell me on it in a few minutes.
10 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Censored 🤬...... :lol: :lol: I’m the same JA
9 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I agree, sometimes I am still making up my mind the last few seconds, I want the item shown and described before I decide. They all spend much more time on the high end stuff then the less expensive and I hate that.
Last edited by Gem Lover 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I agree, sometimes I am still making up my mind the last few seconds, I want the item shown and described before I decide. They all spend much more time on the high end stuff then the less expensive and I hate that. I always shop and watch online and do fast buy, never on the phone.
10 x

GoogleWasMyIdea

Post by GoogleWasMyIdea » 2 years ago

Is it me or does Cousin Shelly have the hots for Tony? She sure flirts a lot with Tony but maybe she is just trying to crack his personality? I like Michelle because she makes me laugh occasionally, but she's not shy about asking the male hosts to buy her something! I haven't seen her ask Cheryl, Dionne, Marva or Karen etc. to buy her jewelry or trips to Brazil, but she might! Maybe she has and I missed it!

I do like Michelle! I think she's a kick, she is knowledgeable about gemstones and she presents the jewelry better than all the other hosts, hands-down.
8 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 2 years ago

GoogleWasMyIdea wrote:
2 years ago
Is it me or does Cousin Shelly have the hots for Tony? She sure flirts a lot with Tony but maybe she is just trying to crack his personality? I like Michelle because she makes me laugh occasionally, but she's not shy about asking the male hosts to buy her something! I haven't seen her ask Cheryl, Dionne, Marva or Karen etc. to buy her jewelry or trips to Brazil, but she might! Maybe she has and I missed it!

I do like Michelle! I think she's a kick, she is knowledgeable about gemstones and she presents the jewelry better than all the other hosts, hands-down.
My take is that Michele is definitely trying to engage Tony in conversation to crack his personality. She's a bit mischievous, and apparently likes to push the envelope in a harmless way. She sees Tony is a bit of a curmudgeon, and she's trying to get him to lighten up a bit. I saw the presentation last night and it was uncomfortable how much Tony was ignoring her comments and questions. It was as if he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge her. There was a heavy silence from him whenever Michele said anything.

I also dislike his interrupting his co-hosts. It's rude, and frustrating to watch.

And he definitely didn't give the customers enough time to shop those earrings.
10 x

GoogleWasMyIdea

Post by GoogleWasMyIdea » 2 years ago

lah2001 wrote:
2 years ago
GoogleWasMyIdea wrote:
2 years ago

My take is that Michele is definitely trying to engage Tony in conversation to crack his personality. She's a bit mischievous, and apparently likes to push the envelope in a harmless way. She sees Tony is a bit of a curmudgeon, and she's trying to get him to lighten up a bit. I saw the presentation last night and it was uncomfortable how much Tony was ignoring her comments and questions. It was as if he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge her. There was a heavy silence from him whenever Michele said anything.

I also dislike his interrupting his co-hosts. It's rude, and frustrating to watch.

And he definitely didn't give the customers enough time to shop those earrings.
Dear lah2001

I agree with you on everything. I watched last night and Tony has a hard time being friendly and light and he does ignore Michelle which is rude.

The diamond ring and the blue aquamarine rings? Michelle sold those not Tony. In fact, if I may dare say, I think Michelle sold every piece of jewelry last night with Tony as her wing man. Tony repeats himself about how the mines are not producing blah blah. Michelle is creative and comes up with good, valid and personal reasons and experiences to purchase. I don't mind her flirting at all - I want her to crack Tony's personality too! If anyone can, it's her!

I think Michelle and Tony are a good match for hosting together all in all.

Oh, and nice to meet you Lah2001!
10 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 2 years ago

Nice to meet you, too, GoogleWasMyIdea!
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi gang! Yes I watched king Tony last nite with Michele, if only for entertainment. I was always under the impression Michele is married & king Tony is not. So she is just playing along with his miserable personality. If he is so “prosperous with all his mines & travels all over the world” you can believe he’s got a girlfriend SOMEWHERE ON THE PLANET. He’s just “pulling our chains “ with his poor lonely Tony act. If I were much younger I don’t know if I could get along with him. Maybe he has 2 or more personalities. He laughs all the way to the bank. Someone needs to tell him to stop being rude to Michele. I would think it would be very stressful for her to deal with him. You would laugh if you could hear me talking to the TV (it’s not pretty). If there some info that I’ve gotten wrong, please set me straight. Happy shopping !🌸🌸🌸
6 x