Too many “simulants”!

Gem Lover

Re: Too many “simulants”!

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I do not like wasting my money on silvertone and goldtone, the finish wears off and then it looks awful, I do like some lab created gems but If I buy them I want them in silver or stainless steel so they will last.
1 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 4 years ago

Let's hope he is a fast learner but I'm not holding my breath.....
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Is anyone else disgusted by the plethora of “simulated” stones lately?!? If I wanted a cheap, fake stone I’d go to Kohl’s! I can remember when this channel first started as JTV in April 2007 there was nothing but 14k gold jewelry sold! Then 10k was introduced and silver came in after it become The Liquidation Channel and now as ShopLC....it looks more and more like a Wal-Mart each day! Ughhhhhh! I understand the price of gold went insanely high but do we really need simulated stones? That’s a new low that really depresses me! I love the fact that a meal is donated to a hungry child with each purchase (I figure I’ve fed over 60,000 kids!) but the emphasis seems to be on quantity NOT quality now! A huge disappointment! Soon this will be nothing more than another online Wal-Mart! 😢
The company was named TJC (The Jewelry Channel), not JTV. That's the competition.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for your post I wear what I want too.I do love all your posts and they make me laugh as you can see by my posts I'm not very good at this .I know I run everything together.I meant no disrespect to anyone on here.I miss all the things they had in the past and also think it will never be the same.thanks for your reply and I do agree with you.Have a great day!
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Cat,
Thinking you & I would be great friends! I live in 'Nowheresville' USA where no one knows ruby from glass, etc. Like you, I buy something because I like it & it makes me feel good not because it has a designer name attached or it has a higher price tag. I remember when SLC used to say "we don't offer designer pieces & that's why we are able to keep our prices so low"...Duh, and now people wonder why SLC prices have increased?
You go girl!!!
Blossom and Boston Irish!
🌺🌿🌸 🥰 🌸🌿🌺

Blossom, thank you! I agree!
🥰

Boston Irish, you did NOT offend me! I was worried that I had offended YOU!
😟

I do understand people not wanting this place to sell silver or gold tone. There are tons of places to find that. And with no S/H fees.

I understand not wanting to wear a glass gemstone. Especially when it's priced at 29.99, 39.99, 49.99, and higher. Just because it's in Sterling Silver coated with Platinum does not justify prices like I've seen here lately. I do like Murano glass, because it has designs in it. But a gold tone or silver tone item should never sell for more than what the old "Five and Dime" stores sold them for.

I love Sterling Silver, and Topazes. I love Sapphires, and other gemstones. I have rings with these gemstones that I purchased here, two to three years ago. They were NOT even close to 100.00.

They had REAL sales then, and coupon codes. And some I won on the auctions! Some for 20.00, some for 30.00, and they had gorgeous, detailed designs, were Platinum over Sterling Silver, and these are the rings I never see on here now. These rings if sold here now would never be under 150.00.
😫

I've won Sterling Silver rings with quartz, moonstones, Thai Black Spinel, Shungite, etc. for less than 15.00, 10.00, 5.00. Like I said, these are not as thick, and the design isn't as "elaborate", but they are real gemstones with Platinum over Sterling Silver.

That would not happen on the RAs now!

I haven't ever been the "Designer Name Brand" type. If someone likes something that's "designer" and can afford it, that's their business. There are designers whose items I do like very much. Clothing, purses, etc. But I have my limitations.

I admit I get angry reading or hearing about 200,000.00 purses, shoes, and the like. I can understand if it's something that belongs in a museum or if someone is a collector of art, etc.

But NO shoe, purse or dress is worth that much money. Unless that shoe belonged to say, Marie Antoinette, or has some kind of historical value.

And I don't mean events where you dress formally, choose a designer dress or have it designed, like receiving an academy award, the Nobel Peace Prize, etc. I understand that.

I also understand why a person would say, pay for an expensive quality leather purse. I remember way back in the early 80s leather purses were on a huge mega clearance at a "high end" store, plus we had a friend who worked there who let us use her discount.

My sister and I each bought two. They were the hobo big style, and closed with a zipper with a leather tassel on the end. They were soft leather. I got a black one and a sort of olive army green one. I still have both of them and still use them! Those poor purses have been through so much!
😂 👝 🤣 👝 😅

They've been to places where everything, however unlikely, that might be needed was stuffed into them, as if they were suitcases. They've been used as pillows, they've gone on amusement park rides, they've held cans of Diet Coke and food items in movie theaters because I refuse to pay their prices for candy, etc. They've been to so many places! And they're still in great shape!

But I can't help but get angry at the unreasonable cost when bratty celebrities pay 300,000.00 and more for a "closet item", like a hideous purse.

A lot of what they buy are things we have in our own closets. We just didn't buy them with a certain label, or name. Most are still manufactured overseas, so they're paying all that money...FOR A LABEL.

"Look at ME! Notice ME! Look at ME!"

No, thank you. PLEASE don't make me look.
🤢 🤒 🤕 🤢

That money could be used to help children and the elderly and families who need warm clothing, help with their electric bills, MEDICATIONS so they don't have to decide between their necessary medications or food, etc.

I remember when "Designer" jeans became all the rage! I am not putting down anyone who wore them. I had a few pairs, but not for the label. It was the style and fit I liked. We'd get them cheaper because we went to outlets and swap meets.

Well one day it just hit me, my sister and a close friend of ours at the same time:

"A person's NAME stitched onto the back of a pair of jeans? And often on the pocket area? Where we SIT? Why?"

We started laughing SO hard at the whole idea.
😂

So, we came up with a plan. My grandmother taught me and my sister how to embroider when we were very young kids. Why not put it to use now?
😏

We each took a pair of our jeans, and had already thought up a lot of "names", and then we each embroidered one of the names onto the back in gold yellow thread like some of the "Name Brand" ones.

We were laughing so hard because using these particular names was no different than the other names used for their jeans. Why, people would definitely recognize the names we chose! Wasn't that the whole point!?!
😂

I might have my sister's "Name Brand" mixed up with mine.

Mine: Wilma Flintstone

Sister's: Betty Crocker

Friend's: Ethel Mertz

Well, we wore them! You bet we did! But by then we weren't in school anymore so not as many people saw them and I don't remember getting any comments from strangers when we wore them.

We must have embroidered pretty good! People may have just assumed it was one of the designer names! Or, our certain blouses or sweatshirts covered the name! This was the end of the 70s heading into the 80s.

We did wear them to church but we showed our friends and everyone there. It was a small church and they just laughed because it was pretty much "Something those three WOULLLLLD do!"
🤪

I remember my mom's response! She laughed so hard! She thought it was absolutely hilarious! She still remembers it and laughs.

Thank you for your posts, Blossom and Boston Irish!

💕🌻🌸🌿🌺🦋 🥰 🦋🌺🌿🌸🌻💕
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for your post I wear what I want too.I do love all your posts and they make me laugh as you can see by my posts I'm not very good at this .I know I run everything together.I meant no disrespect to anyone on here.I miss all the things they had in the past and also think it will never be the same.thanks for your reply and I do agree with you.Have a great day!
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Cat,
Thinking you & I would be great friends! I live in 'Nowheresville' USA where no one knows ruby from glass, etc. Like you, I buy something because I like it & it makes me feel good not because it has a designer name attached or it has a higher price tag. I remember when SLC used to say "we don't offer designer pieces & that's why we are able to keep our prices so low"...Duh, and now people wonder why SLC prices have increased?
You go girl!!!
Blossom and Boston Irish!
🌺🌿🌸 🥰 🌸🌿🌺

Blossom, thank you! I agree!
🥰

Boston Irish, you did NOT offend me! I was worried that I had offended YOU!
😟

I do understand people not wanting this place to sell silver or gold tone. There are tons of places to find that. And with no S/H fees.

I understand not wanting to wear a glass gemstone. Especially when it's priced at 29.99, 39.99, 49.99, and higher. Just because it's in Sterling Silver coated with Platinum does not justify prices like I've seen here lately. I do like Murano glass, because it has designs in it. But a gold tone or silver tone item should never sell for more than what the old "Five and Dime" stores sold them for.

I love Sterling Silver, and Topazes. I love Sapphires, and other gemstones. I have rings with these gemstones that I purchased here, two to three years ago. They were NOT even close to 100.00.

They had REAL sales then, and coupon codes. And some I won on the auctions! Some for 20.00, some for 30.00, and they had gorgeous, detailed designs, were Platinum over Sterling Silver, and these are the rings I never see on here now. These rings if sold here now would never be under 150.00.
😫

I've won Sterling Silver rings with quartz, moonstones, Thai Black Spinel, Shungite, etc. for less than 15.00, 10.00, 5.00. Like I said, these are not as thick, and the design isn't as "elaborate", but they are real gemstones with Platinum over Sterling Silver.

That would not happen on the RAs now!

I haven't ever been the "Designer Name Brand" type. If someone likes something that's "designer" and can afford it, that's their business. There are designers whose items I do like very much. Clothing, purses, etc. But I have my limitations.

I admit I get angry reading or hearing about 200,000.00 purses, shoes, and the like. I can understand if it's something that belongs in a museum or if someone is a collector of art, etc.

But NO shoe, purse or dress is worth that much money. Unless that shoe belonged to say, Marie Antoinette, or has some kind of historical value.

And I don't mean events where you dress formally, choose a designer dress or have it designed, like receiving an academy award, the Nobel Peace Prize, etc. I understand that.

I also understand why a person would say, pay for an expensive quality leather purse. I remember way back in the early 80s leather purses were on a huge mega clearance at a "high end" store, plus we had a friend who worked there who let us use her discount.

My sister and I each bought two. They were the hobo big style, and closed with a zipper with a leather tassel on the end. They were soft leather. I got a black one and a sort of olive army green one. I still have both of them and still use them! Those poor purses have been through so much!
😂 👝 🤣 👝 😅

They've been to places where everything, however unlikely, that might be needed was stuffed into them, as if they were suitcases. They've been used as pillows, they've gone on amusement park rides, they've held cans of Diet Coke and food items in movie theaters because I refuse to pay their prices for candy, etc. They've been to so many places! And they're still in great shape!

But I can't help but get angry at the unreasonable cost when bratty celebrities pay 300,000.00 and more for a "closet item", like a hideous purse.

A lot of what they buy are things we have in our own closets. We just didn't buy them with a certain label, or name. Most are still manufactured overseas, so they're paying all that money...FOR A LABEL.

"Look at ME! Notice ME! Look at ME!"

No, thank you. PLEASE don't make me look.
🤢 🤒 🤕 🤢

That money could be used to help children and the elderly and families who need warm clothing, help with their electric bills, MEDICATIONS so they don't have to decide between their necessary medications or food, etc.

I remember when "Designer" jeans became all the rage! I am not putting down anyone who wore them. I had a few pairs, but not for the label. It was the style and fit I liked. We'd get them cheaper because we went to outlets and swap meets.

Well one day it just hit me, my sister and a close friend of ours at the same time:

"A person's NAME stitched onto the back of a pair of jeans? And often on the pocket area? Where we SIT? Why?"

We started laughing SO hard at the whole idea.
😂

So, we came up with a plan. My grandmother taught me and my sister how to embroider when we were very young kids. Why not put it to use now?
😏

We each took a pair of our jeans, and had already thought up a lot of "names", and then we each embroidered one of the names onto the back in gold yellow thread like some of the "Name Brand" ones.

We were laughing so hard because using these particular names was no different than the other names used for their jeans. Why, people would definitely recognize the names we chose! Wasn't that the whole point!?!
😂

I might have my sister's "Name Brand" mixed up with mine.

Mine: Wilma Flintstone

Sister's: Betty Crocker

Friend's: Ethel Mertz

Well, we wore them! You bet we did! But by then we weren't in school anymore so not as many people saw them and I don't remember getting any comments from strangers when we wore them.

We must have embroidered pretty good! People may have just assumed it was one of the designer names! Or, our certain blouses or sweatshirts covered the name! This was the end of the 70s heading into the 80s.

We did wear them to church but we showed our friends and everyone there. It was a small church and they just laughed because it was pretty much "Something those three WOULLLLLD do!"
🤪

I remember my mom's response! She laughed so hard! She thought it was absolutely hilarious! She still remembers it and laughs.

Thank you for your posts, Blossom and Boston Irish!

💕🌻🌸🌿🌺🦋 🥰 🦋🌺🌿🌸🌻💕
Wow! Cat you're a designer too!
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Unbelievable....just looked on Walmart and there’s TONS of ShopLC jewelry! Looked mostly like the super low end made in China junk! Two day delivery appears to be $6. How are they pulling that off?!? Definitely not DHL! 🤣🤣 Like I said before, the emphasis has definitely shifted from quality to quantity! 😡
Yesterday, I was at Walmart to check if I found ShopLC jewelry. I didn't found any. Only the Walmart brand called Brillance.
0 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Hi Margui
You can see it online for Walmart
1 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

Shop lc.

disgraces itself flooding the on line auction with $1 shop items simulants.
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Druid wrote:
4 years ago
Shop lc.

disgraces itself flooding the on line auction with $1 shop items simulants.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have passed it along to our auction team and jewelry team so they review it directly. If there is anything else you need assistance with, please let us know. We appreciate your business.

Best regards,
Preston W.
0 x

Pittiemom

Post by Pittiemom » 4 years ago

Often its fun to find costume jewelry for $10. Seriously, go to Dillard, Macy's, Nordstrom and even TJ Maxx and check out the costume jewelry prices they slap on their pieces AND they are often silvertone, goldtone and mystery metal. SLC definitely has the costume jewelry for a great price tag when you compare B&M store prices. I always take my mystery metal off anyway before washing my hands, etc and mine have lasted for a long time.
1 x