Re: Fragrances

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Just received my Mon Guerlain. I was so eager to try this one, but was hesitant to order due to the price. They rarely put it up for auction but luckily I was able to win the 1.0 Fl oz bottle at a very reasonable price.
I'm really pleased ! :D
10 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hello ElleTee: I bought the Norell Blushing when it was first presented on SLC. I really love it. I wore Cashmere Mist by DKNY & White Linen most of my long life. So I’ll be sticking with the Norell for quite a while now. Gee I’ve never seen fragrance in auction, but that would be a good place to try something new. Lucky you. ☺️☺️☺️
8 x

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Amy wrote:
2 years ago
Hello ElleTee: I bought the Norell Blushing when it was first presented on SLC. I really love it. I wore Cashmere Mist by DKNY & White Linen most of my long life. So I’ll be sticking with the Norell for quite a while now. Gee I’ve never seen fragrance in auction, but that would be a good place to try something new. Lucky you. ☺️☺️☺️
Hi Amy,
What a nice coincidence ! I wear Cashmere Mist and White Linen myself. Those are 2 of my all time favorites.
Since it seems we like the same type of fragrance I will have to try the Norell Blushing.

The pricey fragrances do not come up for auction frequently that's why I was lucky to snag the Mon Guerlain.
I have gotten 2 of the Paris Hilton body mists also on RA. Those I use on days when I'm home, not going out. I save the better fragrances for when I actually go somewhere. :D
I wonder if anyone here has tried Joy ? I see that SLC sells a 2 piece set for about $99. I remember as a kid (many years ago) seeing the slogan in fashion magazines that Jean Patou was the costliest perfume in the world. Not sure if it still is.
Well, nice chatting with you all today.
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Once upon a time my favorite was Charles of the Ritz. Don't have any idea of how it stacks up, but I really liked it. They don't make it anymore I believe. Then I also liked Opium. But growing up Mom and I wore Avon. I got her hooked on Charlie when it came out!

I did buy Blushing and New York. They are for special days. I have been sampling all of the lower priced body sprays. I found All American Apple to be, well, DELICIOUS!
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

I am so glad you like your Mon Guerlin...where have I been because I have never heard of it before
4 x

anniebelle

MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
I am so glad you like your Mon Guerlin...where have I been because I have never heard of it before
I bought a small 1/3 oz. of it.. My first reaction, it reminded me of Diamond Diana.
3 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

My mom used to buy Unforgettable by Avon really loved it, until we went to Germany in the early 70’s and back then people had to use an OUTHOUSE. She would spray that perfume, OMG I CANNOT STAND THE SMELL OF THAT PERFUME. 🤢. :lol: :lol: Sorry if I grossed anyone out!!
3 x

anniebelle

AD wrote:
2 years ago
My mom used to buy Unforgettable by Avon really loved it, until we went to Germany in the early 70’s and back then people had to use an OUTHOUSE. She would spray that perfume, OMG I CANNOT STAND THE SMELL OF THAT PERFUME. 🤢. :lol: :lol: Sorry if I grossed anyone out!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Yes, I sure remember anything Avon from my grandma. Then me & mom wore their fragrances too. Are there still Avon books ? we always had one going around the office before I retired.
4 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Not sure if Avon still exists 🙂. I want the real Tupperware!!!!
4 x