CICADAS

anniebelle

CICADAS

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

How many of you live in a Cicada state? Well we are lucky in Ohio to have them. I rarely go out, so not a big problem for me. Until last night!

Milo has made himself a "cat door" in the bottom of the screen. He loves to go out and sun himself on the balcony! No problem, until he invited five little friends inside to play! I had quite a time catching those little buggers! This morning my back is totally shot!
9 x

GElliot

Re: CICADAS

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

We have a gizillion cicadas here. They aren't as big as I remember. They don't bother me at all. They are just messy. There are a million little holes in our back yard and a million of those.skins they hatch out of. I remember my first cicada experience. I was about 18. The cicadas were so bad, you couldn't take a step on the driveway without stepping on dead or dying cicada. 😳
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Not here in Tennessee yet thank goodness, they are disgusting 🤢 How many states will they be in ? And how long is this going to last??
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Not here in Tennessee yet thank goodness, they are disgusting 🤢 How many states will they be in ? And how long is this going to last??
There's like 15 northeastern states. Think they are supposed to be gone by end of June.
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Thank goodness!!!!! I hate bugs. :lol: :lol:
6 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi everyone! I live about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh in Ohio. We had them a few years ago. I am so terrified of them I had to have someone go everywhere with me so I could “make a run for it.” I went down to get the mail at the end of the driveway at midnight & ran all the way. They kind of settle down overnight. My brother was in town & we all went to a food festival. There was a lady with them walking all over the back of her shirt. It’s an awful thing to be terrified of insects your whole life, but dealing with cicadas is more than I can take. 😭😭😭
7 x

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Amy wrote:
2 years ago
Hi everyone! I live about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh in Ohio. We had them a few years ago. I am so terrified of them I had to have someone go everywhere with me so I could “make a run for it.” I went down to get the mail at the end of the driveway at midnight & ran all the way. They kind of settle down overnight. My brother was in town & we all went to a food festival. There was a lady with them walking all over the back of her shirt. It’s an awful thing to be terrified of insects your whole life, but dealing with cicadas is more than I can take. 😭😭😭
Amy,
Besides our taste in fragrances, we also share a fear of insects ! I'm the same way, terrified of bugs. My windows need to be replaced and I believe that's how some of them get in the house from time to time. I'd rather deal with a mountain lion :D

By the way, it's nice to get a chance to chat with people from around the country. I've lived in NY and NJ all my life so it's refreshing to "meet" folks from other parts of the US.
Wonderful weekend to all you fine ladies ! :)
6 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

Luckily here in CA we don’t get them. {{{shudder}}}

Bugs are okay (NOT SPIDERS😱) but they belong outside. As long as they stay in their home and not mine it’s all good!
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

O M G. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

The ONLY insects I can tolerate are Dragonflies, Ladybugs and Honey Bees The others, NO thanks! I live in the deep south, tropical feeling, Louisiana. Hot and humid climate with all sorts of crazy bugs, wildlife, insects and just pain vermin, LOL! The ONE INCEST that scares and creeps me out the MOST is those big, black and brown outside roaches. They LOVE oak trees and my yard has a LOT of those trees. Those things look to be around 2 to 2 1/2 inches long not counting the antenna length. They will sometimes find a tiny crevice or crack somewhere and get in my house occasionally, especially when the weather starts getting warm and hot. Let me tell you, those suckers FLY and I've been chased from time to time by them. OMG, I almost lose my mind when I see one. Those things are TOUGH to kill at times. I've stepped on them (YUCK) and thought I killed it only to go back a few minutes later to clean up the area only to see it scurrying off and have to wack it several more times to annihilate it into pieces. Wings and legs everywhere :lol: ,but at least I know it's DEAD :lol:
7 x