Swarovski

anniebelle

Swarovski

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Anyone shopping today'? I'm trying to, but keep getting Gateway messages! I did phone in one order but want to change it! They didn't drop it to the lowest price!
9 x

MaeWest1953

Re: Swarovski

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

I watched a lot of the shows and would have liked to have afforded this one stunning multi color necklace
Of course it sold out 😒
I am strong when it comes to say No....
6 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I have a strong suspicion that Swarovski is going to "give" Shop LC an "extension" of time to sell the crystal pieces of jewelry past June. It was something they said that made me think this, something to the effect of "we have new designs coming". I don't know if they meant the zirconia or the crystals, but we'll see. At the beginning of the year, they were saying no more Swarovski, then they said it every month after that, till here we are now and they are still saying it. Supposedly June is the end for crystals and December will be the end for the Swarovski Zirconia. So we'll see if it's true very soon.
9 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Swarovski zirconia vs Lustro Stella vs Bella Luce? Since they are best known for their crystals, that's where my focus has been. I don't buy zirconia colors that actually imitate real gemstones. I don't want to mistake it for the real thing! :lol:
5 x

mpompadour

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Does anyone have experience with Swarovski zirconia vs Lustro Stella vs Bella Luce? Since they are best known for their crystals, that's where my focus has been. I don't buy zirconia colors that actually imitate real gemstones. I don't want to mistake it for the real thing! :lol:
Hi Anniebelle, I have pieces from all 3 lines of jewelry. My first choice is Swarovski Zirconia, Second choice is Bella Luce and third choice is Lustro Stella. To me, The Swarovski Zirconia has the best fire and scintillation of all. Swarovski stones really look like top grade diamonds. Their stones are like real diamonds the way the are cut and polished. Bella Luce, I have several of pieces and I like most of them. Sometimes they can look cloudy. Now for Lustro Stella. The round cut stones aren't too bad, but the baguette stones in a ring I have look awful. They are dull and milky looking, NO fire or brilliance. So Swarovski hands down for me. I've been buying what I can in the Swarovski Zirconia here at Shop LC as I like 90% of the designs they do in Sterling or Gold over Sterling. :) :)
7 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
I agree with what @mpompadour said. I have so many pieces of Swarovski, both CZ and crystal. I must have over 200 total. Not all from here but many that were purchased from other shops, before “online “ was a thing.

I do have a few of the colored cz pieces. I wouldn’t worry. You can tell the difference. I mostly buy CZ jewelry for travel. And because I love colored stones I didn’t want to limit myself to just diamond looks.

The best piece of a colored CZ jewelry I have is a ring from the J channel. It’s their version of a AAAA Tanzy ring. It’s a Charles Winston piece and is really very lovely. I would say for a colored CZ it’s the best I have seen. It even has the flashes of red and violet.

Oh wait! I have some colored CZ pieces from J. Francis from here. Oh are those nice! One even has a color change CZ in it and is an Art Deco piece! Lovely. And another of that other CZ line they used to have here…anyone else recall it? The wife took over after the husband passed?
I have quite a few of those and they are unique and lovely. Don’t see that stuff here anymore.

I really really need to go through my collection and organize it better and create a catalog. I have an insane amount I think. 😳
8 x

mpompadour

Hi Mermaidskies, I think the line you're referring to was Xavier. I have several rings and pendants from that line and the designs are GORGEOUS and the stones are very nice! Most were made using original designs from the old Xavier archives and were done in the Edwardian and Art Deco Era styles. I LOVE all of mine! :)
8 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

mpompadour wrote:
2 years ago
Hi Mermaidskies, I think the line you're referring to was Xavier. I have several rings and pendants from that line and the designs are GORGEOUS and the stones are very nice! Most were made using original designs from the old Xavier archives and were done in the Edwardian and Art Deco Era styles. I LOVE all of mine! :)
YES! Thank you🥰

I too have many of those pieces. They are stunning aren’t they? One of those rings I have of that line has a color change CZ too. It’s like a peacock color change effect in an Edwardian style.

I haven’t worn that for a time, I need to go get it out!
6 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 2 years ago

Mermaidskies wrote:
2 years ago
mpompadour wrote:
2 years ago
YES! Thank you🥰

I too have many of those pieces. They are stunning aren’t they? One of those rings I have of that line has a color change CZ too. It’s like a peacock color change effect in an Edwardian style.

I haven’t worn that for a time, I need to go get it out!
I also agree that the Xavier line is wonderful. I love the vintage styles, and the CZs used are clear and sparkly. I have to get my pieces out, too!
7 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

I’m happy to see Swarovski leave! Nothing against them but I don’t shop here for crystals or fakes…I’m only interested in real gemstones. I wish they would get rid of the “under $10” garbage too! Ughhhhhh! And now I see there’s two entire days devoted to that crap…nothing worth buying there…with a few possible exceptions few and far between. I liked the early days of this company when everything was quality merchandise!
4 x