Announcing our names and city we live in

anniebelle

Re: Announcing our names and city we live in

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
2 years ago
Good Morning to all is there a coupon code that works today if so could you please post it thank you.
Did you try codes from Coupon Follow and RetailMeNot ? always my go to places for codes. During clearance, IDK.
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 2 years ago

I notice that Chuck does that a LOT! I think his intentions are probably to make customers feel special and maybe to build his followers. I’m sure it makes many customers feel like he’s on a more personal level with him. This is mostly likely a good thing for him and SLC business, so it’s a smart move on Chuck’s part. It would probably still be effective if he only announced the state, but not actual city. There has to hundreds of any first name in any state. Chuck’s not my cup of tea, .....BUT if TENNER was mentioning my name all the time💖💖💖💖💖😍😍😍😍, I may have credit cards maxed out!! 🤣🤣🤣
8 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi hot4 Tenner and all : your post about Tenner is so cute, you really are a gem who makes me smile. I agree 100% with all the comments about what info is being said on air. Our personal information is the responsibility of SLC to protect . This name & city thing has to stop. Good luck to all of us. Any moderator comments ?
11 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 2 years ago

Hi Amy! Thanks. Always good to make someone smile. 😁
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

I've heard other hosts do the same thing, going all the way back to Dan Denniis! Much as he irritates me, he isn't the first!
7 x

Lisapisa

Post by Lisapisa » 2 years ago

Other shopping networks do it. There is one that scrolls first name, last initial and city/state during the broadcast. It the one that has the dive watch in the yellow box ;)
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

Thanks for your feedback...
I have seen other channels and very rarely do I see this behavior, also a few times on LC
It still doesn't make it right especially when he is constantly doing it
He is just trying to blow up his image by acting like all these people are "his" customers!!

I agree with a poster who said husband's might want to buy a surprise gift etc.
Many of the names mentioned are not common, especially if these customers are living in small towns!
Geez I forgot how to tag a Moderator 😥
7 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

I do not appreciate when hosts say our names and city/town - it's not cool and I didn't give them permission to do say my name. It's a private purchase and I don't want it advertised with my name/city. Please stop doing this!
6 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Ariana wrote:
2 years ago
I do not appreciate when hosts say our names and city/town - it's not cool and I didn't give them permission to do say my name. It's a private purchase and I don't want it advertised with my name/city. Please stop doing this!
Plus when they are broadcasting what you’ve bought
and where you live. Porch pirates anyone?
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I remember the host doing this even when Kevin was still here, Dan always use to say who was shopping and from where, it is not anything new. He had said my name multiple times on the air.
4 x