Not as it is portrayed.

RoseyRuby

Re: Not as it is portrayed.

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

The only reason I started purchasing high-end handbags, is that when I used to buy Liz Claiborne vinyl bags, they would only last 6mos. tops. I was paying about $50 each and at 2 per year, it started to add up. I found that buying a $300 leather bag made more sense in the long run. I still have ones that I bought years ago and still pull out to use.
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

@Rosebuy How true, I still have leather bags from my student days, gifts made by my parents, that are still fashionable and in genera, nu very small collection of leather bags is still top notch.Now, we need to be careful when buying leather items nowadays, because most of them have just a thin layer of leather glued on top that will wear off fast and the rest of the item is man made. A shoe maker explained to me once the tricks of “leather” made bags and shoes and how the customer is cheated legally.
3 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

@Druid Yes, I've run across what you are talking about. It's like a super thin veneer of leather over what could be called cardboard. :shock: Thanks for the info from the shoemaker. I'm tough on my bags sometimes, especially if it is one I REALLY like. That's why I like the Brahmin bags. They are not cheap, but they are not SUPER expensive either. I take care of them but I have to have a bag that can take a lickin' and keep on tickin", :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Druid

Sorry for my sloppy typing, my iPad is not the same as my computer..I wanted to say “ my small collection”
3 x

Druid

@mpompadour Love your remarks and your nickname that reminds me of the Madame Pompadour from the 18th century,who besides being a patron of the Enlightenment philosophy, was also a patron of architecture and decorative arts,especially porcelain and...a fashion icon( leather in her time was not yet “man made”). Have a great weekend :D
4 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

@Druid I enjoy your posts here also! :) Thanks so much for your compliments! That's very sweet of you. I chose that name YEARS ago when I was into porcelain and decorating and I've just used it ever since. Have a good weekend as well! :)
2 x

steelstash

Post by steelstash » 2 years ago

Brahmin bags are wonderful and last forever. Made in America too but they are not inexpensive. The "versace" bags presented on shop LC are nice but I looked up the designer's name and he is not part of the famed Versace family and has already been sued by them once. Think that new suits are underway. You should know this before you buy one but if you like the way they look go ahead and purchase.
:D :D
2 x