Another Massive Clearance?? Say it isn't so!

MaeWest1953

Another Massive Clearance?? Say it isn't so!

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

We are in the middle of March and once again Shoplc is putting on another clearance!
Doesn't that make this a third clearance sale in this short of time?

If I am wrong please let me know but to me it seems like this is becoming a habit
We keep hearing in these sales that they have to clear out the old inventory in order to receive the new merchandise
Shouldn't that have been taken care of by now?
Good grief🙀🙄
6 x

DiamondGoddess

Re: Another Massive Clearance?? Say it isn't so!

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
We are in the middle of March and once again Shoplc is putting on another clearance!
Doesn't that make this a third clearance sale in this short of time?

If I am wrong please let me know but to me it seems like this is becoming a habit
We keep hearing in these sales that they have to clear out the old inventory in order to receive the new merchandise
Shouldn't that have been taken care of by now?
Good grief🙀🙄
Lols!

I am relatively new and still learning the ropes, but it's probably just another sales technique.

They sell such massive quantities of items per day, it's hard to believe they keep needing to do Clearance.

Sometimes the price drops are mythical, they drop items to the price they have been on the website for some time.

;)

My Windows laptop shows me the price history of items, so that's helpful.

It also finds coupons are tries them but usually I find good ones on Coupon Follow.
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 years ago

I heard Cheryl say yesterday that they only have clearance sales 3 times a year. One before the holidays one after the holidays and one now. Who’s kidding who? I thought the same thing, they have clearance sales all the time!
4 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

Bella wrote:
2 years ago
I heard Cheryl say yesterday that they only have clearance sales 3 times a year. One before the holidays one after the holidays and one now. Who’s kidding who? I thought the same thing, they have clearance sales all the time!
I saw that, too!

:lol:

I would love to see the algorithm they use to determine prices over time.

They even sell new items in Clearance.

:)
4 x

CR

Post by CR » 2 years ago

Clearance = NO RETURNS!
8 x

MaeWest1953

Hi DiamondGoddess....

I agree with your way of thinking especially the point where you stated that Shoplc sells massive amounts of items a day so how could there be any thing left for clearance 😁

There are some great buys thrown in if you are watching just at the right time 😉
However it just seems like the same old stuff otherwise
4 x

MaeWest1953

Bella wrote:
2 years ago
Hello Bella....
Thanks for sharing her comment, that's a hoot 😁
You are so right....there are clearances all the time and I bet the next one will be either a week long Memorial Day or pre-Summer sale 😋
4 x

MaeWest1953

CR wrote:
2 years ago
Clearance = NO RETURNS!
Exactly CR.....

Unless the item arrives damaged we are stuck with our purchase so we hope it is as great looking in person as it was on TV🙄
4 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 2 years ago

I think they run these clearances so frequently because they have overbought and can't get rid of the merchandise. I never buy anything over $10 on clearance since there are no returns. It's a scam. Actually, I haven't bought anything in at least 2 or 3 months and don't intend to start during clearance. I am so disappointed in the current network. I have so many beautiful items that I bought years ago. I just don't know what they're thinking. Bad hosts, repititious items, dishonest pricing, no returns. I keep hoping they'll get better but I guess not. Time to close the account
6 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 years ago

No returns isn't just for on air items it's anything & everything you buy during the clearance dates.
I've done the same thing. Less purchases.
I also bought when they had good deals in the past years. They were a better network then. I think Ankur was there then.
4 x