Look out Mr. C...THERE'S A NEW PLAYER IN TOWN

MaeWest1953

Look out Mr. C...THERE'S A NEW PLAYER IN TOWN

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

I love it...Michelle introduced the new guy and not only is he handsome but he is full of energy!!
This guy doesn't need a fake tan or flashy jewelry to try and look impressive

Should be fun to see Hunter work with a couple of the overwhelming Hosts🤣
4 x

DiamondGoddess

Re: Look out Mr. C...THERE'S A NEW PLAYER IN TOWN

Post by DiamondGoddess » 1 year ago

MaeWest1953 wrote:
1 year ago
I love it...Michelle introduced the new guy and not only is he handsome but he is full of energy!!
This guy doesn't need a fake tan or flashy jewelry to try and look impressive

Should be fun to see Hunter work with a couple of the overwhelming Hosts🤣
I never watch anymore but I hope I catch him.

I am curious to see him and how he interacts with the other hosts.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

Hmmm....I saw the new host, no actually, I heard the new host when I turned the tv to SLC this morning, before 6am.

Sorry, I don't need yet another host screaming and yelling at me to buy something. He spent the presentation yelling the words TOUCHDOWN and Paperclip necklaces. I hope he's not like this all the time.

I changed the channel.

-Gypsy
9 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

I saw him at 3am. He is funny, but yes, he's loud. His face was turning red when making his pitch. . They were saying he is full of energy. Ok but its 3am. Don't yell at us. Save it for day shows. Maybe he was watching and copying the other hosts prior to going on air officially. Thats a bad idea. Hopefully he'll read some of these comments and tone down. They have mics for volume when they talk in a normal tone. A good thing I saw was, he did NOT interrupt Miss. B. at all. Thats a good sign.
6 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

I too saw this new host early this morning. Didn't take long for me to think "oh no", yet another over excited screamer. Stainless steel paperclip necklaces are not that impressive dude, chill. I do hope this does not continue. I am not surprised he is mentioned on the Community.
6 x

TN

Post by TN » 1 year ago

Before ShopLC he was on a different gem shopping network. You think ShopLC hosts are shouty—hoo boy they are AWFUL on that channel. The hosts are mainly men, and the rare women hosts have voices that make you want to jam pencils in your ears. And the men are DREADFUL salesmen. I swear, they have about six words in their vocabularies, which they make up for by shouting “HERE YOU GO FOLKS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CHECK THIS OUT RIGHT HERE” over and over and over again. At least ShopLC hosts give you all the details about the items they’re showing.

I’m glad someone brought up the new guy because I’ve been dying for an excuse to bash that other network for a while :lol:
6 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

Hello TN.....

Your last paragraph had me laughing, too funny and you are welcome😁
I don't know of another jewelry channel because I generally don't watch for jewelry

Your explanation helped me understand Hunters excitement
He seems like a nice guy and Michelle gave him a great introduction
1 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

TN wrote:
1 year ago
Before ShopLC he was on a different gem shopping network. You think ShopLC hosts are shouty—hoo boy they are AWFUL on that channel. The hosts are mainly men, and the rare women hosts have voices that make you want to jam pencils in your ears. And the men are DREADFUL salesmen. I swear, they have about six words in their vocabularies, which they make up for by shouting “HERE YOU GO FOLKS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CHECK THIS OUT RIGHT HERE” over and over and over again. At least ShopLC hosts give you all the details about the items they’re showing.

I’m glad someone brought up the new guy because I’ve been dying for an excuse to bash that other network for a while :lol:
You mean the network that ONLY has male presenters who shout over each other? I have never seen a woman present on that channel, but sometimes they are allowed to answer phones in the background. The one that only has a RUBBER woman’s hand for trying on rings? That one will give you nightmares until you catch on….The one that only shows closeups from the ever-whirling turntable if someone calls in and requests a closer look at a random item? The one that requires buyers to call in and bargain? The one whose set looks and sounds like a cattle auction? Bet you mean that one. Hunter can only improve at ShopLC if he is running for his life from there.

The only value that other G Network has for most of us is to show that lots of money doesn’t buy good taste. Most of their estate jewelry is over the top and hideous. I don’t know how they stay on the air, but someone must be buying those $20-30K rings, etc., and pendants the size of dinner plates.
5 x

Lacy

YELL TO SELL.

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

The tone of the hosts has driven me away from the day shows.

I only watched over night shows recently. Now that's ruined.
Now they are yelling on overnight shows . I can't watch, it's awful. No one wants to hear that.

I've got a couple things from the auction.Not that often and not expensive items.

I agree, LC is loosing customers. Someone from upper management has to be aware of this type of selling tactic. YELL TO SELL.

The reality is that it seems it will never get better.
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 1 year ago

I don't know what it is with the Southern shopping channels (the oldest one excepted) tending to prefer hog callers. Southerners actually consider yelling to be bad manners - like everyone else.

I'm firmly convinced the shopping channel which the new guy left, is just someone's hobby. Not one person knows how to sell jewelry. Some give it a lame try (Mike and Deanna); but they just haven't been trained. They need good producers and directors. Training them would be a good gig for Dan Dennis.
1 x