Continuously Losing Bids

Werekitty

Re: Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Werekitty » 4 years ago

I find it interesting that the closer we get to the holidays the bidding frenzy gets more outrageous. Some tips to get value out of the auctions, first don't over bid research what the item or similar actually sells for, keep in mind the formula for most items is 10-30% of the start price ( some things differ) so don't pay more at auction. Second set your max bid sometimes someone snakes it at the last second but if their final bid is less you win! Third don't be fooled by names like auction close winner etc they are trying to make you second guess bidding. :twisted:
0 x

sunshine13

Post by sunshine13 » 4 years ago

Those names should not be allowed! I have been having glitches tonight and my bids are not even going through - and the same people keep winning. It's like someone is shutting me down.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

sunshine13 wrote:
4 years ago
Those names should not be allowed! I have been having glitches tonight and my bids are not even going through - and the same people keep winning. It's like someone is shutting me down.
Ahhhhhhh. The auctions.

Yes, many of us have had similar issues and also with the same names bidding on everything and at exorbitant amounts; four times and more than what the very same item can be purchased for here.

Oh, the names sometimes change slightly, but you'll soon notice which names wayyyyyy overbid so nobody else stands a chance. Most of us have given up.

Also, the codes for percentage amounts off have never worked for me on the auctions or sales.

Right now I tried to enter the code "green10" for the auctions and it would not allow me to type in the code. I had to do it slowly and WATCH as each letter and number appeared slowly...one...at...a...time...

AFTER I TYPED THEM.

Then a message popped up saying the code was not valid.

This has always happened to me with any of their sales/promo codes. The message varies from:

"This code is not valid on LTV items"
to
"Invalid Code"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items, Grandidierite"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items, Grandidierite, Niassa Rubies, Burmese Rubies, Russian Diopside, Shungite, Tanzanite, Diamonds, Thai Black Spinel, Sapphires, Pearls, Opals, Quartz(s), Kyanite(s), Malachite(s), Howlite(s), Birthstones, Sterling Silver, Platinum over Sterling Silver, 14K Gold, 14K Gold Overlay, Rosetone Overlay, Copper, Metal(s), Stainless Steel, Silver Tone, Gold Tone, Items with Lobster Clasps, Items with Magnetic Closures, Items with Toggle Clasps, Items with Closing Clasps, Items with Links, Items with Charms, Items with Stones in Red, Fire-Red, Rose, Pink, Hot Pink, Magenta, Lavender, Lilac, Violet, Purple, Blue-Violet, Violet-Blue, Blue, Navy Blue, Light Blue, Robin's Egg Blue, Blueberry, Powder-Blue, Aqua, Gray-Blue, Blue-Gray, Turquoise, Peacock Blue, Peacock Green, Teal, Green, Shamrock Green, Emerald Green, Mint Green, Pale Green, Sea Green, Moss Green, Pea Green, Pine Green, Green-Brown, Brown-Green, Brown, Deep-Brown, Mocha-Brown, Cocoa-Brown, Chocolate-Brown, Bronze, Tan-Brown, Sand-Brown, Yellow, Light-Yellow, Dark-Yellow, Canary Yellow, Mustard Yellow, Pale Yellow, Peach, Pale Orange, Bright Orange, Fire-Orange, Pumpkin Orange, Burnt Orange, Copper Orange, Bronze Orange, Black, Ebony, Silver-Gray, Gray-Silver, Ecru, Beige, Ivory, White, Colorless, Color-Play, Gleam, Shimmer; Code not valid on Items with any type of Stone(s) or Gemstone(s), Jewelry Cleaner Items, Jewelry Care Items; This code is not valid on Rings, Necklaces, Pendants, Earrings, Bracelets, Anklets, Toe Rings, Tiaras, Crowns, Clothing Items, Robes, Socks, Headbands, Fabric(s), Sewing Items, Items that have been sewn, Blankets, Toys, Backpacks, Throws, Towels, Napkins, Rugs, Wall Hangings, Kitchen Items, Food Items, Food Preparation Items, Garage Items, Outdoor Items, Indoor Items, Bedroom Items, Bathroom Items, Patio Items, Pool-House Items, Camping Items, Man-Cave Items, She-Cave Items, He-Shed Items, She-Shed Items, Children's Items, Playhouse Items, Basement Items, Cellar Items, Attic Items, Dug-Out Items, Emergency Items, Military Items, Laundry Room Items, Laundry Items, Baskets, Lighting Items, Lamps, Electronic Items, Electrical Items, Batteries, Items Requiring Batteries, Items Requiring Charging, Candles, Frames, Mirrors, Jewelry Cases, Jewelry Holders, Purses, Handbags, Totes, Carpetbags, Satchels, Hobo Bags, Crossbody Bags, Paper Bags, Plastic Bags, Containers, Plastic Items, Vinyl Items, Styrofoam Items, Foam Items, Gel Items, Celluloid Items, Suede Items, Cotton Items, Rayon Items, Wallets, Handkerchiefs, Shoes, Slippers, Footwear, Eyeglasses, Shoelaces, Cases, Leathergoods, Pleathergoods, Vegan Leathergoods, Computer Items, Cell Phone Items, Watches, Clocks, Time Pieces, Perfumes, Scented Items, Unscented Items, Sculpture(s), Decor Items, Wood Items, Art Items, Beauty Items, Non-Beauty Items, Health Items, Non-Health Items; This code is not valid on Simulated Items of any kind; This code is not valid on Auction Items; This code is not valid on Items of any kind; This code is not valid on Shop LC Items."

*SIGH*

🙄 😖
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

CATTICUS!!!!! I love you. What would we do without your posts?
You're a sweetheart, no code!
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OMG Catticus I laughed soooo hard . Made my day🥰😂🥰😂🥰😂🥰😂🥰😂🥰😂🥰😂🥰
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
sunshine13 wrote:
4 years ago
Ahhhhhhh. The auctions.

Yes, many of us have had similar issues and also with the same names bidding on everything and at exorbitant amounts; four times and more than what the very same item can be purchased for here.

Oh, the names sometimes change slightly, but you'll soon notice which names wayyyyyy overbid so nobody else stands a chance. Most of us have given up.

Also, the codes for percentage amounts off have never worked for me on the auctions or sales.

Right now I tried to enter the code "green10" for the auctions and it would not allow me to type in the code. I had to do it slowly and WATCH as each letter and number appeared slowly...one...at...a...time...

AFTER I TYPED THEM.

Then a message popped up saying the code was not valid.

This has always happened to me with any of their sales/promo codes. The message varies from:

"This code is not valid on LTV items"
to
"Invalid Code"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items, Grandidierite"
to
"This code is not valid on LTV Items, Sale Items, Doorbusters, TLV Items, Auction Items, Grandidierite, Niassa Rubies, Burmese Rubies, Russian Diopside, Shungite, Tanzanite, Diamonds, Thai Black Spinel, Sapphires, Pearls, Opals, Quartz(s), Kyanite(s), Malachite(s), Howlite(s), Birthstones, Sterling Silver, Platinum over Sterling Silver, 14K Gold, 14K Gold Overlay, Rosetone Overlay, Copper, Metal(s), Stainless Steel, Silver Tone, Gold Tone, Items with Lobster Clasps, Items with Magnetic Closures, Items with Toggle Clasps, Items with Closing Clasps, Items with Links, Items with Charms, Items with Stones in Red, Fire-Red, Rose, Pink, Hot Pink, Magenta, Lavender, Lilac, Violet, Purple, Blue-Violet, Violet-Blue, Blue, Navy Blue, Light Blue, Robin's Egg Blue, Blueberry, Powder-Blue, Aqua, Gray-Blue, Blue-Gray, Turquoise, Peacock Blue, Peacock Green, Teal, Green, Shamrock Green, Emerald Green, Mint Green, Pale Green, Sea Green, Moss Green, Pea Green, Pine Green, Green-Brown, Brown-Green, Brown, Deep-Brown, Mocha-Brown, Cocoa-Brown, Chocolate-Brown, Bronze, Tan-Brown, Sand-Brown, Yellow, Light-Yellow, Dark-Yellow, Canary Yellow, Mustard Yellow, Pale Yellow, Peach, Pale Orange, Bright Orange, Fire-Orange, Pumpkin Orange, Burnt Orange, Copper Orange, Bronze Orange, Black, Ebony, Silver-Gray, Gray-Silver, Ecru, Beige, Ivory, White, Colorless, Color-Play, Gleam, Shimmer; Code not valid on Items with any type of Stone(s) or Gemstone(s), Jewelry Cleaner Items, Jewelry Care Items; This code is not valid on Rings, Necklaces, Pendants, Earrings, Bracelets, Anklets, Toe Rings, Tiaras, Crowns, Clothing Items, Robes, Socks, Headbands, Fabric(s), Sewing Items, Items that have been sewn, Blankets, Toys, Backpacks, Throws, Towels, Napkins, Rugs, Wall Hangings, Kitchen Items, Food Items, Food Preparation Items, Garage Items, Outdoor Items, Indoor Items, Bedroom Items, Bathroom Items, Patio Items, Pool-House Items, Camping Items, Man-Cave Items, She-Cave Items, He-Shed Items, She-Shed Items, Children's Items, Playhouse Items, Basement Items, Cellar Items, Attic Items, Dug-Out Items, Emergency Items, Military Items, Laundry Room Items, Laundry Items, Baskets, Lighting Items, Lamps, Electronic Items, Electrical Items, Batteries, Items Requiring Batteries, Items Requiring Charging, Candles, Frames, Mirrors, Jewelry Cases, Jewelry Holders, Purses, Handbags, Totes, Carpetbags, Satchels, Hobo Bags, Crossbody Bags, Paper Bags, Plastic Bags, Containers, Plastic Items, Vinyl Items, Styrofoam Items, Foam Items, Gel Items, Celluloid Items, Suede Items, Cotton Items, Rayon Items, Wallets, Handkerchiefs, Shoes, Slippers, Footwear, Eyeglasses, Shoelaces, Cases, Leathergoods, Pleathergoods, Vegan Leathergoods, Computer Items, Cell Phone Items, Watches, Clocks, Time Pieces, Perfumes, Scented Items, Unscented Items, Sculpture(s), Decor Items, Wood Items, Art Items, Beauty Items, Non-Beauty Items, Health Items, Non-Health Items; This code is not valid on Simulated Items of any kind; This code is not valid on Auction Items; This code is not valid on Items of any kind; This code is not valid on Shop LC Items."

*SIGH*

🙄 😖
And let's not forget the kitchen sink! If they were selling those, the discount/ promo codes wouldn't work even for them!😋
1 x

Catticus

😆 🥰 😆
0 x

Catticus

You're right! Not even for the kitchen sink! 😂
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Well there MUST have been a huge sale on HOT AIR because they are sure passing those savings on to us!
2 x

RubyTuesday

Re: WAY OVERBIDDING

Post by RubyTuesday » 3 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I know. It's absurd and ruins it for everyone else. If I see certain names, or they've obviously changed them and are doing their same "Bid Game", then I don't even bother. What's the point? Everything we bid on they either bid the item up to our maximum, or every item is already maxed to ridiculously high amounts. 😠😡😠
I experimented last weekend because I kept running into the same problem and wondered if someone had access to the "maximum" bids. I decided on the maximum I wanted to pay. Then I entered a 'maximum bid' for $5-10 dollars LESS than the amount I had decided on. I set my phone to alert me about 2 minutes before the end. Then I checked the current status and if it was within my range, I typed in my real maximum, got ready and hit the "Max Bid/Auto Bidder" when the timer was down to 10-15 seconds to go. If someone increased their bid, I hit the green "Bid Now" button really fast to increase another couple of dollars. Basically, the last one to hit "Bid Now" before the timer runs out wins the auction. It's just really important not to bid a lot more than you planned in order to "win." It was kind of nervve-wracking at the end, but more fun! (And if someone else overbid, they probably won't actually buy the item anyway.) :idea: :lol:
3 x