RUSSIAN Chrome Diopside now called "Natural Chrome Diopside" ??

colljoe

RUSSIAN Chrome Diopside now called "Natural Chrome Diopside" ??

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Hey Folks. It's RUSSIAN Chrome Diopside not Natural Chrome Diopside. Shop LC won't say the word Russian or Russia now? Is that the real reason they don't have any Shungite? Cause I can get Shungite, right from Russia. This sounds political to me and sounds like censorship. I guess living in Austin :roll: changes the way you advertise now? So obvious! And their description of the gem is absurd. Read it, it's absurd. Sentences that make no sense. Trying very hard not to mention Russia. I apologize to our citizens from Russia.
Russia, Russia, Russia. Oh my! :evil:
5 x

Bella

Re: RUSSIAN Chrome Diopside now called "Natural Chrome Diopside" ??

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Keep in mind as well that Russian Chrome Diopside is natural, it has no treatments. Maybe they think no one will purchase anything from Russia. If you only bought gemstones from countries you feel are politically correct you wouldn’t be wearing much variety. This may be blunt and I don’t mean to offend anyone but, I buy what I like. The politics behind it doesn’t make any difference to me, everyone needs to make a living.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

They began changing the term way back I think in March, lol. But only managed half the description. Guess they have been busy trying to re-market it . . . now it's "Siberian" chrome diopside, lol.

I agree. if they are trying to be that covert about it, just DON'T SELL IT. Instead of trying to mislead people because you think they'll be offended.

Although my favorite this year, was "pride jewelry". Anything mutlicolored was call a pride" item. Items that looked like they SHOULD have been called pride items were not, and items that should have had NO LABEL on them WERE called such. Made me second guess any purchase I made.

Oh! And a diamond star ring I had bought was suddenly listed "pride" . . . it wasn't even rainbow! I bought at auction so I couldn't send it back, but it made me so angry.

Why not just LEAVE IT BE, and if someone WANTS an item to celebrate their love preferences, FINE, let them make their own choice. But don't force it on the rest of us who just want JEWELRY.

I think I quit buying for a good 2 months after that.

**And my message was flagged for containing "sensitive" words . . . don't get me going . . . .
6 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

If I’m not mistaken the only shopping channel that calls it Russian Chrome Diopside is their biggest competitor JTV. The others just refer to it as Chrome Diopside and I never could understand why they didn’t use its full name.
4 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 1 year ago

So what? Why do you care anyway?
0 x

Bella

Okay then… now that’s straightened out. Sometimes it’s hard being nice!
1 x

colljoe

RoxiJade wrote:
1 year ago
So what? Why do you care anyway?
I DO care RoxiJade. Since you asked. Because I like the facts and true name of the gemstone, and where it came from. Don't we all? Not a made up name due to some political agenda. Most people who buy jewelry, sell jewelry, make jewelry, search for gemstones with facts about the stone. Don't you? Like, I really needed to explain this? :roll:
4 x

Bella

You said exactly what I was thinking colljoe! Tactful yet pleasant, Thank you!
3 x

colljoe

I noticed they are only selling the Arizona Peridot now too. Personally, I prefer Chinese Peridot. The Arizona Peridot has a lot of inclusions, generally. Can really look muddy, and no fire. The clear Arizona Peridot, they triple the price. Whereas, the Chinese Peridot is usually clear, and can really sparkle. So, I get my Chinese Peridot from JTV. Beautiful! Lots of gems come out of Russia and China. Shop LC will have a huge loss of inventory if they keep playing politics. I still say that's why no new Shungite. Because I can get Shungite via Russia. Stupid business decisions Shop LC.
2 x

Bella

One of my all time favorite gemstones is peridot! I do have a gorgeous Arizona peridot & sleeping beauty bracelet I purchased from Shop LC probably 5 years ago. It is defiantly one of my best purchases. I have bought some from JTV but sometimes they were a hit or miss.I have noticed that usually Arizona peridot is smaller and more olive in color. Some of the JTV peridot has a grassy yellow color. My pride and joy is my 7 carat pear shaped Burmese peridot ring. I love good quality peridot!
1 x