Reviews are disappearing

FarmMom

Reviews are disappearing

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

POOF!

Gone without a trace! items that previously had reviews are missing all of them, or worse, swapped with a DIFFERENT item.

I went to re-post a review of an item (a GOOD review), and it won't even let me post it. I had previously spent a lot of time posting a very nice review of an item with a photo. Gone.

I won't buy anything over $200 on here ever again because THOSE reviews were the first to disappear. But now lower priced items are too.

I give up. Really. I guess they prefer fake reviews and the assurance of hosts as to an item's quality.

If you don't like reviews (good OR bad) then delete that feature.

I've said it 100 times. The website coding developers will PUT THIS COMPANY UNDER. I'm still charged shipping, and still taxed on shipping. Links don't work half the time, its a mess.
6 x

Bella

Re: Reviews are disappearing

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

FarmMom, I have noticed everything you said as well! Several of my reviews for items both good and bad are gone. I have also noticed certain pieces of jewelry that are very very similar but not exactly the same the reviews are sometimes posted to the wrong item! I know this for a fact because I purchased the item and posted the review and it’s not the same item I purchased!
I to have tried reposting a review of mine that is gone (a bad one & a good one) and you cannot. I don’t know who their website developers are, or their IT team are but they are not playing on the same field!
4 x

FarmMom

On the very rare occassion, this will happy on amazon, usually with a company that's based in China and they "recycle" an item to make people think it has higher review ratings.

I really do like many things about Shop Lc, but as time goes by I grow more and more uneasy that maybe the item I am purchasing is not what it claims to be.

Like their "AGI" or whatever they call it. Sure it IS a company based in New York but the reviews are awful on it and many people are saying they are more con artist than jewelry experts. I took a few expensive items in to a certified GIA jeweler, and off the cuff he suggested they might be worth more than what I had paid (not knowing what I paid). But he laughed when I presented the appraisal certificate. He said no insurance company would accept that and if I was concerned about losing it to fire or theft to send the full ring and stone in for an ACTUAL appraisal to GIA themselves.

He DID say however, that in no way could he match the price I paid on the ring. The main reason I sent the ring back was because the diamonds were broken, and it could NOT be re-sized due to the side stones, eventhough when we ordered it, customer service told us we could no problem.

My first few purchases were big ticket returns, actually. Sad, but true. Now I just buy lots of cheap stuff for gifts :)

I WISH I could trust the big expensive items were as good as they claimed, but I haven't found that to be the case :(
5 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Have reviewed many items and none of my reviews show up. They send an email asking for a review, why? I take the time to write the review, send it off, and it never appears. Many are not favorable but an honest review from a customer, is an honest review. So, where is it? I find that shady and censorship only to manipulate in their favor. They have also sent a general survey, I believe it is from survey Monkey. I do fill that out and say everything that we all post about here. I do not hold back about how messed up IT is and everything else with this company. I am sure Corporate receives the results of survey Monkey. They know, they probably are having a hard time getting help, and/or not paying enough. Basically, what is going on everywhere in our country these days. I believe if we all start posting reviews on Google, that may get their attention.
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

It's obvious that ShopLC is hiding reviews. At the top of an items page it will show stars and a review count. On some items, the actual review count at the top of the page doesn't match the written reviews and ShopLC responses at the bottom of the page. I found one item that had a review count of 27 at the top of the page but only 4 written reviews at the bottom of the page. I have also left negative reviews with images of the defecive items. The negative reviews were never posted but the images (with captions) were. I advise to keep posting your reviews and always attach images with captions if you can.
2 x

FarmMom

I just went to post a review today, a very GOOD review (I like you, am honest about my purchases, exactly as I am with my Amazon orders), and it informed me I had "already submitted a review for that item".

How was that? I JUST got it in the mail 30 minutes ago!

As previously stated, I absolutely will NOT buy an expensive item without a good selection of reviews. So, I have taken my gold shopping to Amazon, where I CAN see all the reviews I want.

To be fair, I've seen reviews for mainstream jewelers such as Kay's, and they have very poor reviews of their jewelry. So did Kohls and I believe JCPenny. if department stores have poor reviews, that sets the bar pretty low for ShopLc. I Do have to say though, that they do beat most everyone price wise on many items. But why not just LET all the reviews through?
1 x