Matt

Lacy

Matt

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

Matt
He is ok. but I personally don't like host that talk a mile a min. I don't listen when they do that. Maybe he is too excited as a new host, or too much coffee.

Quote online. Speaking rapidly during sales pitch. "Partly as a pressure tactic". The faster you talk the more likely your prospect will just tune you out. The last thing you want is for your customer to not hear a single thing you said and you ending up sabotaging your sale" So why do they train people to talk a mile minute. He probably will be better than some of the other hosts though, too soon to tell.
Last edited by Lacy 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Crystal-lover

Re: Matt

Post by Crystal-lover » 1 year ago

I tunes in last night and caught the show with Matt. I was listening to him and found him very knowledgeable about Jim stones. I also found him to be very energetic and engaging. I think he is a great asset to shop LC and I will continue to tune in Whenever he is on. Although some of you customers think he talks a little bit fast perhaps that is because they only have so much time on each item. But he is very good let’s give him a chance. He is a nice addition to shop LC.
4 x

Crystal-lover

Sorry about the spell check…I mean gem stones!
2 x

Crystal-lover

Sorry about the spell check…I mean gem stones!
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

Hi Lacy!.....

It's been a while since I have had time to chat with you all but I found some today!
So I saw Matt the other night and was happy to see a good looking clean cut young man who appears to be knowledgeable in gems
However I did notice also that he was wearing a combination of Hunter's clothes and added that dumb boutonniere that Chuckles wears
I wish I could email him and suggests he lose the flower, he doesn't need it and it doesn't give class to the more manly look of Hunter's wardrobe so stick with Hunter!!

I hope you have been doing well and had a good Thanksgiving
By the way did you see that ridiculous commercial featuring Hunter in the rabbitt suit?
To me it was just a chance for Chuckles to make fun of his rival!
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

Mae, How are you?
Thanksgiving was good, quiet. Hope yours was good as well.
I think LC tells new hosts to speak too fast on purpose as a selling tactic. Other hosts did that as well when they were new and eventually slowed down. Tonight He was good, informative and seem to slow down his speech a bit. Baby steps. I agree about the bunny commercial.
2 x

Topaz2020

Post by Topaz2020 » 1 year ago

Matt used to be a host on GSN just like Hunter, Michele, and Chris. Matt was working there just a few months ago. Chris was there probably 5 or more years ago. Chris has done some professional acting on TV shows, including Law and Order. He was a low key, no pressure host. They said he left to keep up with his acting career. Matt talked a lot about himself, especially about previously being a concierge shopper in the islands or on cruises. Hunter was on GSN for many years. I didn’t know that he left the network until he started appearing here. Michele was a host on and off several times. Seems like her style and sense of humor was not appreciated there like it is here. Hope this helps!
4 x

BW

Post by BW » 1 year ago

So glad to see Matt ! I used to watch him on JTV glad he landed a spot.
I am sure its not easy to be a live host and talk for hours live, and I am sure it can make you nervous ! Matt has a positive attitude and seems to want to do his best ! Good Luck Matt !
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

Lacy wrote:
1 year ago
Mae, How are you?
Thanksgiving was good, quiet. Hope yours was good as well.
I think LC tells new hosts to speak too fast on purpose as a selling tactic. Other hosts did that as well when they were new and eventually slowed down. Tonight He was good, informative and seem to slow down his speech a bit. Baby steps. I agree about the bunny commercial.
Good to hear your Thanksgiving was nice and all is well with you Lacy :)
My Thanksgiving was yummy, went to a good friends home
I completely agree with you regarding the management might be telling the new folks to speak up
Matt is becoming real good, he is definitely a gentleman right now and not a romeo like the other clown thinks he is
I love Chris, Hunter and Matt, thank goodness for their style
1 x