Shop LC Going Off Dish Network

Lynmarie

Shop LC Going Off Dish Network

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Woke up this morning & saw on Shop LC they were going OFF Dish Network but didn't give a date...looks like most of the viewing will be on the computer...it showed to watch them at Shop LC/Live TV....well there goes my daily watching & especially on Fridays. I really don't like watching on my computer for several hours! 8-)
4 x

Serge

Re: Shop LC Going Off Dish Network

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

I’m so sorry LynMarie and I don’t blame you for not wanting to watch on your computer. You would think they would realize how many customers watch on Dish and wouldn’t want to lose them!
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I hear ya. Maybe you could dedicate one TV to be "dish free"? We don't use any cable services, just the channels that appear on the Tv. Some are through the wifi too I guess. Shop LC is part of my common TV channel line-up along with QVC. Actually, I have two shoplc channels, but one is more crisp than the other . ..

I would try unplugging the line to a TV (newer TV ideally) and running a channel scan to see if it will pick up a SLC channel...
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

If you can get u tube that's how I watch it. I do have it on reg tv its a smart tv.
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

You could try Roku. Plus you get a lot more channels free, I just got one for 17.00 at walmart.
4 x

Lynmarie

All great suggestions I will give them a try, I have noticed Shop LC has been taken off several times in the past few years with Dish, most have to do with contract disputes, I remember they went off for about two months in May 2022 and then came back on again. Merry Christmas to all of you!
3 x

Lynmarie

Shop LC just went off of Dish just awhile ago (Friday 12/9 at 6:00 PM) will have to watch on other sites! :x It's all about money anymore to heck with customers on both sides!
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

3 years ago we bought 3 Roku 42 inch TVS at Walmart black Friday & we have not looked back at cable TV. We have never had dish TV & we ened the cable. So for the last 3 yrs. we have watched TV on our 42 inch TVs that only cost $88.00 ea. no monthly cable, I get to watch all the shopping net works on You Tube, also shows, movies, news from around the country.and so many other networks. If it is 6:00 pm & you want to see what was on Shop LC at 11:00 am all you have to do is run it back. You can watch the whole day. I would never go back to cable again, I may get a streaming package , not sure yet. I like watching TV for free. Just think how much you save by not paying $100.00 plus every month. for cable. I do pay for my internet, you need that for streaming.So 3 yrs.ago we spent $264.oo plus tax we have our 3 TVs but have payed 0 to watch them.
3 x

Lynmarie

Thanks Caribbean Girl for the info...I was looking at Roku for sure and then possibly a streaming package like you had mentioned. We have a two year contract with Dish that ends in August 2023, so I will have to get something by then because it will go up to over $200+ a month, right now it is close to $100 like you said. We moved from a large Iowa town to a smaller Iowa town two years ago after retiring & that is why we went with Dish it was the cheapest, but when the contract ends we don't want to pay that high monthly price after going off of the contract. Smaller towns in Iowa will offer you Roku plug in for a one time charge of say like $65 and then you don't have to pay anymore for it after that. I have gone into other web sites to watch Shop LC on my computer but I like watching it on TV better, Friday Under $10 shopping isn't the same anymore so I will probably NOT watch as much as I did before....THANKS AGAIN!
1 x

Vern

Post by Vern » 1 year ago

I don't know how to start a new topic but:
TELL MICHELLE - THE HOST. California does NOT have a 10% sales tax!!!! MICHELLE could you kindly stop badmouthing my state? It is RUDE! You also badmouth our traffic and lines, yet you want to brag about having lived here. Love us or leave us, Michelle.
0 x