30% off means price increase by 60%??

FarmMom

30% off means price increase by 60%??

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

So this morning I noticed they were having a 30% off deal "site wide". Great! I checked to see if my shopping cart was finally working (it now had half of my items, which was better than zero of my items) but I noticed a MASSICE price hike on those items.

And, items bought last week, were now listed at 60% MORE than what I paid! Holy heck!

I'm curious though . . . normally it takes SLC 2-4 days to ship most items out . . . will they 'insta ship" anything bought during the 30% off sale to prevent people from canceling the next day when they realize the prices went back down??

I would have thought that with Christmas here, they'd be working round the clock to process orders, but seems to be the normal speed . . . although I would guess that anything bought today will zoom right to your door, lol.
3 x

christee

Re: 30% off means price increase by 60%??

Post by christee » 1 year ago

I'm a long time LC customer and lurk in the conversations but couldn't resist replying to your comment because I'm annoyed with their frequent price changing tactics. I've got many items in my saved for later and check them daily for price drops. Either the item is sold out or price goes up. You're right about 60% more so I'll wait it out until after the holiday. At least it stops me from buying based on a good deal instead of really needing it.
Edit: I've got my eyes on a nice 10k paperclip chain and it was $479.99 yesterday and today was increased to $849.99
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

They do have some nice live on air deals, but they have been hiking the price back up within an hour or less of airing, so you don't get much chance to research anything.

'm kinda caught between a rock and a hard place right now because last night we went to the jeweler to get my stone set, and it was going to be 6 weeks, so he thought he might buy be something from the case for Christmas. All their items were vastly overpriced compared to ShopLC for similar items. They had an approx. 20 carat larimar ring set in sterling for $800 . . . one nearly identical on SLC runs for $169 . . . and it was set with zircons too.

But on the other hand, I KNOW they jacked their prices up, so the idea of buying something and KNOWINGLY paying like $100 extra is making me feel ill . . .

And once more, if we wait even a day too long, SHopLC will never ship our purchase out in time for Christmas . . .

ugh.
1 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 year ago

I agree with your sentiment on local jewelers' prices but they're in a different business model where they have a limited selection and higher prices for several reasons including not buying in bulk like the big retailers.

All my larimar pieces are from ShopLC because nobody comes close to their exceptional deals, not even the J channel. Their D'joy larimar pieces look so nice and I have too many which end up not being worn often.

Ugh paying $100 extra after knowing the previous amount is unpleasant but convince yourself like some of the channel hosts tell the audience, "just skip buying burgers at the drive thru a few times" lol
2 x

Nicole187

Post by Nicole187 » 1 year ago

It was during their recent clearance sale that I noticed it, too. I had things saved in my favorites that I knew the prices on and when I went to check them during the sale, they were hiked up. Considerably. Now to do this to new customers is one thing, but to do this to recurring customers is an insult, if you ask me. Don't have a sale if you're really not going to have a sale. I really hope they read these comments and take what we say under consideration. But I'm sure they won't...
5 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

It makes me MAD! Do they think we are stupid and the car contest is a joke not one name of anyone on auctions only people that call in orders and if you don't win 100 dollars you won't be entered in for the car.🤔😖
2 x