Flash sales thing of the past

Bella

Flash sales thing of the past

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Remember when Shop LC would do flash sales? I wonder why they don’t shake things up once in awhile and do some Flash sales, it couldn’t hurt!
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: Flash sales thing of the past

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

I feel like after this so called clearance is over they are going to need to do something. I am not buying this over priced stuff to which we do not know is real or not, & Neither are my friends or family. I know when I go to clearance sales at stores after Christmas the items keep getting marked down in price they dont go back up to normal price after 24 hrs, what about you. When the sale first started you would hear LoLo & several of the hosts say that buy the items now because at the end of the sale they would go back up in price. I Just Do Not Like The GAMES THEY PLAY.
8 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I know they had a website flash sale maybe last week... The host on TV brought it up actually, and it was for like 30% off on the website. But my issue is MOST of the time, the sales don't work. out of 10 codes I enter, only one out of 10 will work on items in my cart. So I pretty much give up.

But I DO agree. The clearance and then pricing goes up is stupid. That's not clearance, thats a marketing tactic. Not sure if it was a national chain, but we had a chain called Art Van Furniture. They were always having clearance sales. They did the same type of pricing games as SLC. They went out of business a year ago (finally).

This company seems to be run just like a telemarketing center . .. SELL AT ANY COST!

I've noticed they now give the hosts "notes" of things to mention that day about the items. Stuff that is in no way accurate. I've even noticed Michelle repeating stuff that isn't true, and it's stuff each hosts parrots every few hours about that item.

But it has got my husband interested in investing in gold . . . not jewlery of course, that's not a real investment. Bars. You buy a gold band for $600 and you go to re-sell it and they only give you $100 despite prices being higher than before. Jewelery is always the price of the gold PLUS the cost of the labor and the seller's mark-up.

For instance . . . a 3mm rope chain selling here for about $100 has 1.3 grams of 10k gold . . . that's not $100 of gold, that's about $30 of gold. or you can buy a gold bar for XX dollars and it will be worth XX dollars . . . or more or less depending on the day.

yet shoplc keeps pushing their hosts to say you are getting such a good investment in gold, blah blah blah . . .
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Agree with you FarmMom the fact that gold as a investment with jewelry doesn’t make much sense, gold bars are a much better way to purchase gold for investment purposes. Don’t get me wrong I have sold broken pieces of gold & platinum jewelry and recouped some of my investment but overall it’s a tedious and long drawn out plan. Platinum is also a good investment. If you can buy gold or platinum low that’s the objective. Now however those markets are tough.
1 x