$12,000 Ring LOST in the Mail...

FarmMom

$12,000 Ring LOST in the Mail...

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

While I DO applaud SLC for offer "express shipping", which btw takes EXACTLY the same time as standard shipping but you now pay 3x more . . .

It's STILL not certified and STILL arrives by mail.

You can buy $100 worth of gemstones from another country through online auction sites and it arrives by Fed Ex or DHL and you must SIGN for it.

Not so with SLC. You buy ANYTHING whether $5 or $15,000 (they do have items that expensive) and ALL THEY OFFER is standard shipping . . . IN YOUR MAILBOX . . . with tracking that is NEVER accurate.

You have that item stolen from your mail, or lost by the carrier, or blown out of your mailbox in a storm, and YOU ARE LIABLE, not Shop LC.

I can't wrap my brain around that. ALL OTHER STORES offer a variety of shipping services. It's NOT HARD. Those of us who have online storefronts KNOW how easy it is to set-up.

WHO are these crazy people who BUY expensive items and don't CARE if they get them or not??

Shoot, it would be safer just to FLY DOWN and pick the item up yourself than lose $15,000 in the mail....
2 x

BostonIrish

Re: $12,000 Ring LOST in the Mail...

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

FarmMom was it your ring? 💍😳
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I guess I never realized that you don’t have to sign for the more expensive “stuff” That’s is defiantly not a wise choice for the customer or the seller. Typical Shop LC standards, not surprised.
0 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
FarmMom was it your ring? 💍😳
NOOOOO, but it COULD be. Our mail lady always leaves out mailbox open and eventhough my neighbors won't steal anything, the WIND will . . .

I just can't imagine why they wouldn't offer secure shipping for things over $100 . . .
3 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 1 year ago

that's so weird. Anytime I've ever bought jewelry (anywhere online) they always ask if price is over a certain amount so that the shipping is secured.
2 x