manipulating star rating

TN

manipulating star rating

Post by TN » 1 year ago

I left a 3 star review on an item. The item was perfectly fine, but the UV flashlight was not included as advertised. Shop Looney Crazy called me, and offered to send me the flashlight if I would agree to their removal of my 3 star rating. So I agreed.

On another order, I left a scathing, one star review on Trustpilot because an item on which I paid for expedited shipping took longer than advertised. They refunded the shipping, so I changed it to a two star review because of PERPETUAL problems, not just shipping.

I have been ordering hardly anything lately. I thought I’d give them one more chance and ordered a beaded ruby necklace, partially because the reviews were pretty good. Well I received it yesterday and am SO DISAPPOINTED. Which got me thinking, and this is the point of my post, that manipulating customer reviews so that only good reviews are published will backfire on them in the long run. They’ll get more returns and bad reviews because people DON’T LIKE TO BE LIED TO. And manipulating ratings is a form of lying.

So beware, Shop Lame Careless, you might a get short term benefit from allowing only good ratings but it’s a very shortsighted strategy.
4 x

FarmMom

Re: manipulating star rating

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Funny, because I was going to add a post similar to this.

I am pretty honest with ANY purchase, and love rating purchases on Amazon to help people make good choices with their buys, good AND bad. It's only fair to let them decide if it's worth it.

So, since ALL my reviews of less than 4 stars are REMOVED, I am NOW reluctant to leave any 5 star reviews. There are MANY items I would haply rate 5 stars . . . but if they DON'T value my negative input, they certainly cannot appreciate the GOOD input. How can you care about doing a GOOD job if you cover your ears to criticism?

So, as much as it pains me, I won't leave any more GOOD review because they don't allow me to leave any lower reviews.

I think they must have a 3 strikes and you're out policy. If you leave more than 3 reviews of less than 4 stars, they ban you from any more.

Also I notice that items with poor reviews are deleted, but the rating cannot be, so they have to clone the item and start fresh, but then you get TWO of that item listed online, lol.
1 x

Gus

Post by Gus » 1 year ago

I will say yes, you will see manipulation. Plus if you continue to post about disripanisties or incorrect information that has not been corrected, you will see manipulation, also I posted pictures of the misinformation, it did not sit well. I had my corrections deleted. Been there, done that and had that happen! Beware! You will have your post deleted. And the misinformation will not be corrected.
2 x

FarmMom

So it's curious, there seems to be a secret network of "evil do-ers" running behind the scenes that no one else at Shop LC knows about.

Actually, it's really shocking what customer service has NO KNOWLEDGE on nor can actually do to help.

I had one call me to ask about a review I left and I asked her why they deleted ratings off. She insisted they didn't. I insisted they did and explained that I always went back and checked my reviews and they didn't show up unless 4 stars, AND I had talked to several others who ALSO shared the expereience.

She didn't know what to say at that point.

I also explained the shipping situation, and she INSISTED that they DO OFFER FEDEX AND UPS for customers. I told her unless it's in the last 2 weeks, they don't.

We argued over this for a good 5 minutes. Finally she went on the website herself and put an order "through". "Huh.." she said "You are right . . . there ARE no other options..."

Thankyou . . . .
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

FarmMom that’s just plain crazy! It’s obvious that their customer service reps are not knowledgeable about their own shipping choices. I would think that would be an area they should be on top of. I am no longer posting anymore reviews good or bad on their website. I refuse! They do not post any negative reviews at all anymore, at least from what I’ve witnessed. I think all forum members should boycott posting reviews. Maybe Shop LC will realize that no negative reviews equals no positive reviews!
2 x

FarmMom

I have stopped. I think LOTS of people have, actually, except very new customers. You can always tell because they are the ONLY ones whose poor reviews are allowed throuogh. But only for a bit then they delete them off. Last years all items had at least one review. Now there are so few. We ALL are realizing their game and tired of it.
2 x

mickit

Post by mickit » 1 year ago

I agree. I have posted reviews on many products and all they post are the good ones.The customer service is really gone down hill. I have tried to talk to a customer service manager for almost a week. Can't seem to get a call back.
4 x

FarmMom

I noticed the reviews are deleted off as well. Nothing is EVER reviewed anymore.

I had mentioned that on another website and ShopLc CALLED ME to ask what on earth I meant. The lady could NOT believe they would do such a thing. I assured her they did and it wasn't just me.

So THEN ShopLC goes after the company I reviewed them at, asking for PROOF of such things. Luckily I did have a bit of evidence of e-mails with my listed review and screen shot the item listed on the site without my review on it.

But seriously. For a company to CHASE DOWN complainers and tell them they are WRONG instead of just making better choices and treating customers as gold, I see a company going toward bankruptcy...
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

Right.The never post bad reviews.This should be a flag. you can post comments about any company on pilot.
2 x