What do you all think about this???

CaribbeanGirl

What do you all think about this???

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

I was shopping on Amazon when they were showing a chain on Shop LC, so I looked it up on Amazon. Shop LC chain 24 inches long , 6mm, 12.90g. Shop LC price $877.99, Amazon chain 24 inches long, 6mm, 12.90 price $688.99, I could not believe what I was seeing. How can Shop LC say they have the lowest prices??? I do not understand. Are people that are buying all this gold on SLC not checking other prices online , or are they even buying it????. What do all of you think? You even get free shipping at Amazon, & faster shipping at Amazon. What do all of you that post on here think about this. Is the gold the same both places, gold is gold, right? It is the same size, lenght & weight.Tell me what you think.
4 x

Lynmarie

Re: What do you all think about this???

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

The only thing I can contribute is that Amazon shipping has been terrible for me the last month....they use to ship out right away but now on IN STOCK items they put out about 1 to 2 weeks future shipping dates instead of shipping right away! I have place 3 orders in the last month and all have taken 2/3 weeks for me to receive. I purchased two small items to get free shipping on one item Palmer's coconut lip balm it was shipped from South Carolina and they actually sent me an empty box & stole the two lip balms. I called & they resent them to me no questions asked and then on another shipment they sent me a partial shipment & on one makeup item from Cover Girl it stated "In Stock" when I ordered they put out delivery date for 2 weeks & then on the day Amazon stated I would receive it, they then stated they couldn't ship for another 2 weeks! So I have decided to look elsewhere for items I usually purchase to Amazon....I don't trust them anymore! Hope this info may help you
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I order from Amazon all the time (not a prime member) never had any real issues. A couple of times when I wanted something quick I paid the few dollars in shipping and when the item was a day late they refunded my shipping fee immediately without me having to ask! If the gold chain was the same carat weight such as 10kt or 14kt and the gram weight was the same for the savings of almost $200 buying from Amazon is a no brainer!
0 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 year ago

Amazon isn't what it used to be. Just received an order today that was ordered Feb 11. Supposed to take a few days and instead arrived today the 17th. Tracking shows it arrived at the Amazon facility Feb 14 (located approx 20 miles from me) and then sent to my local USPS mail facility. (why did they use USPS instead of their own delivery van). For whatever reason it was not sent out for delivery. Instead it went to another carrier facility 40 miles away! Both Amazon and USPS are equally responsible for the delay.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I've researched the same thing. That's how I figured out their chains were hollow too. The Amazon vendors actually state it's hollow. I bought my husband a chain ff Amazon, looks great, no complaints!

But my Prime has been worthless. My husband gets the samne prices and same shippig price with no prime as I do WITH prime.

Sorry about thhe typing, cat on the lap...
3 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Bella, I live in Iowa so I am telling you my experience in the past month and it looks like Christee is having the same situation with USPS doing the final delivery. I also didn't say not to order it through Amazon instead of Shop LC that would be a no brainier like you stated because of the cheaper price but the same product/quality. I am just stating if you were looking at free shipping you may want to re-think it because they are NOT shipping as fast as they use to...I never had any issues even with "Free Shipping" at all until the last month so that is why I answered this post...at least for now Amazon is NOT as dependable as it has been in the past.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I live in Ohio and I was sharing my opinion with CaribbeanGirl in regards to my experience with Amazon and what I thought she should do.
1 x