ORDER ARRIVED EMPTY BOX!

colljoe

ORDER ARRIVED EMPTY BOX!

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

What the heck? This is a first for me, and hope it's the last. I ordered two sets Moissanite knot stud earrings. One for me and one for a friend. Two gray boxes arrive (that still smell by the way), with one set in one box, and NOTHING in the next. Not loose in package either. I immediately called and asked for a refund rather than for them to resend missing item. Why? To be honest, they are not that nice. I was surprised because usually Moissanite is so nice. But these stones are so tiny, that they struggle to show that much sparkle. I don't want to give them to a friend looking like that, so I just told them to refund my money. I think they are okay to wear during day, running errands etc, but to be honest, disappointed. I would love to leave a review on these, but we all know it will never appear.
6 x

FarmMom

Re: ORDER ARRIVED EMPTY BOX!

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Oh Wow!

Did they agree to send your money back? That's a tough one, as much as they seem to resent their customers I would assume they'd give you heck over this :(

It's interesting, because on my Charles and Covard ring from 10 years ago, they DIDN'T use moisonittes for the smaller stones, they used diamonds. I think because tiny diamonds are so easy to come by and tiny Moissonittes are not. So it's just the 3 large moisonittes.

I have the diamond version of those knot earrings, and they too are unimpressive. I don't have any diamond earrings and they were like $109 on sale, so I thought why knot? (hehehe)

The diamonds as usual, were trash. Cloudy, chipped, broken, etc. NO shine or brilliance. Honestly zircons would have looked better.

With that said, my husband did buy me a buckle ring with tiny moissonittes and it's got sparkle in the sun. My normal ring sparkles with ANY amount of light (it's stunning) but the ShoplC stuff just lacks "life". My buckle ring was still better than the men's ring I bought my husband. he won't even wear it :( It was a large moissonite, but has NO life whatsoever.

Keep us posted on the situation! I hope you can get your money back quickly!
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I’m surprised they didn’t want you to return the empty box!
3 x

colljoe

Bella wrote:
1 year ago
I’m surprised they didn’t want you to return the empty box!
To be honest, that's what I thought would happen too. But, they really did reimburse me, and I was already notified of reimbursement via email. That made me wonder if they haven't been having this problem of lately, i.e.; loss prevention problems. Think how easy that would be for someone to do that. Just snatch it from box, and throw box into envelope. Seems many believe they are entitled to just take things from stores these days. It would be interesting to see if others start reporting on here that the same thing happened to them.
4 x

colljoe

FarmMom wrote:
1 year ago
Oh Wow!

Did they agree to send your money back? That's a tough one, as much as they seem to resent their customers I would assume they'd give you heck over this :(

It's interesting, because on my Charles and Covard ring from 10 years ago, they DIDN'T use moisonittes for the smaller stones, they used diamonds. I think because tiny diamonds are so easy to come by and tiny Moissonittes are not. So it's just the 3 large moisonittes.

I have the diamond version of those knot earrings, and they too are unimpressive. I don't have any diamond earrings and they were like $109 on sale, so I thought why knot? (hehehe)

The diamonds as usual, were trash. Cloudy, chipped, broken, etc. NO shine or brilliance. Honestly zircons would have looked better.

With that said, my husband did buy me a buckle ring with tiny moissonittes and it's got sparkle in the sun. My normal ring sparkles with ANY amount of light (it's stunning) but the ShoplC stuff just lacks "life". My buckle ring was still better than the men's ring I bought my husband. he won't even wear it :( It was a large moissonite, but has NO life whatsoever.

Keep us posted on the situation! I hope you can get your money back quickly!
I too bought those diamond knot earrings. They were done with baguettes. Terrible! With loupe you could see they are set crooked, mismatched, and you could even see glue. How do these pass inspection?
3 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

colljoe....I had this happen from an Amazon order someone in shipping (I assume) took the item out of the sealed pre-packaging didn't take any other item I ordered and actually had enough nerve to leave the empty packaging in my shipment?! :o I called Amazon they didn't have me return the empty packaging and gave me the choice of a refund or to resend the item.
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I had ordered 3 watches last year from the web and one box was empty too! Shop L.C. did replace it I still have the empty box.🙄
3 x

colljoe

BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
I had ordered 3 watches last year from the web and one box was empty too! Shop L.C. did replace it I still have the empty box.🙄
Let's see how many this has happened to of lately. I'm really interested. I have been with them for many many years, and this is a first. Disconcerting to say the least. But, when one thinks about it, so easy to do as they pack the item into the envelope. Must be a nightmare for loss prevention.
3 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 1 year ago

I recieved a ring order & the solitare stone was missing. On another order the shank of the ring was smashed flat, but ring box was not damaged. I was able to return both orders with a full refund & no return shipping charge. Both rings were sold out & could not be replaced. They should never have gotten past quality control if that even exists.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

colljoe wrote:
1 year ago
BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
Let's see how many this has happened to of lately. I'm really interested. I have been with them for many many years, and this is a first. Disconcerting to say the least. But, when one thinks about it, so easy to do as they pack the item into the envelope. Must be a nightmare for loss prevention.
I agree on the loss prevention. My husband likes to watch "Hard Core Pawn" on TV (out of Detroit) and they said their biggest issue was emplyee theft too. They'd pat down the employees each evening. I would imagine they'd have a strict dress code of NO POCKETS..

HORSEPOWER: I had an auction ring never make it to me. It was a lovely pink tourmaline ring I got for 1/3 of the sale price and was excited to wear it for Valentine's day. My other items at auction all were shipped out, but the ring was not. Customer service assured me it was going through a quality check.

2 weeks later I finally got the answer from phone customer service that it had 'disappeared" and I would be given a refund. I was furious. they didn't even bother to price match on another tourmaline ring (the proper thing most stores would do).

I can't believe they sent you a smashed ring though . . .
2 x