Website issues again?

William

Re: Website issues again?

Post by William » 1 year ago

HI GYPSY !!! SO Nice to see you!!! I Hope that You ----- And -- Everyone else---- are Well and Happy!

I MUST Agree with Cooljoe from the "tired of gold & diamonds" thread----- when this was Liquidation Channel ---SOOOOO Different & SOOO FUN! & OMG SO MANY Different stone offerings -- ALL Cuts -- all varieties of jewlery-- DAYS of Lapis Lazuli - Amethyst- Black Spinel- Diopside- Garnet- Laramar- Peridot- Citrine- Of Couse Tanzanite, Mehenge Spinel--Stitchtite--Of Course Rhodolite Garnet -Shadowkite- Black star Diopside- Sleeping Beauty- Rose Quartz - Bumble Bee Quartz- Thulite - Malachite - Colors of Topaz- Many other stones that have dissapeared!!! The Kanchanaburi Sapphires were Amazing!!! That mine is now a golf course! You would NEVER Know that mining had happened there! I Remember Rubellite shows! Also---SO MANY Beautiful colors of Quartz!!! Every color under the sun -- and All cuts and styles -- Big & Bold ---or demure --- Days of a special color of Quartz!

It Was Amazing! Those were the days of Mr Gerald Templeton -- and then -- Mr Kevin Lyons-- (Both Long Gone) -- The network often used to Highlight a stone during a month with several special shows of 4 to 8 to 12 hours during the month -- Those days were like a hey-day of gemstones-- Some of it is that many of those stones are simply not available anymore like in the past, as the mines have failed--And it was All 100% jewlery in those days! there was Nothing else! Except for a myriad of STRADA watch offerings in every option and style imaginable--- I truly beleive that they had no choice but to expand to selling everyhting else from luggage to pots N pans -- because they had to! Another competitor has struggled to keep jewlery as the focus -- they have worked very hard to maintain that position. CZ has helped them. Anyway -- It was really really really FUN in those days!

At one point in the old days --- Sunday Funday was ALL Jewlery under ten, as was Fantastic Friday! Shipping on those days $1.99 Tuesday was ALL Under 20-- Saturday was SmackDown, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday were the days of variety and different offerings of gemstone jewlery. Often Monday evening was a Luxury show. After a couple years Value Bundle Shipping for $30 a day came about -- that was a great addition! It was SO MUCH FUN!

I guess like they say ---Nothing is Constant ----------- EXCEPT Change!
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

William wrote:
1 year ago
HI GYPSY !!! SO Nice to see you!!! I Hope that You ----- And -- Everyone else---- are Well and Happy!

I MUST Agree with Cooljoe from the "tired of gold & diamonds" thread----- when this was Liquidation Channel ---SOOOOO Different & SOOO FUN! & OMG SO MANY Different stone offerings -- ALL Cuts -- all varieties of jewlery-- DAYS of Lapis Lazuli - Amethyst- Black Spinel- Diopside- Garnet- Laramar- Peridot- Citrine- Of Couse Tanzanite, Mehenge Spinel--Stitchtite--Of Course Rhodolite Garnet -Shadowkite- Black star Diopside- Sleeping Beauty- Rose Quartz - Bumble Bee Quartz- Thulite - Malachite - Colors of Topaz- Many other stones that have dissapeared!!! The Kanchanaburi Sapphires were Amazing!!! That mine is now a golf course! You would NEVER Know that mining had happened there! I Remember Rubellite shows! Also---SO MANY Beautiful colors of Quartz!!! Every color under the sun -- and All cuts and styles -- Big & Bold ---or demure --- Days of a special color of Quartz!

It Was Amazing! Those were the days of Mr Gerald Templeton -- and then -- Mr Kevin Lyons-- (Both Long Gone) -- The network often used to Highlight a stone during a month with several special shows of 4 to 8 to 12 hours during the month -- Those days were like a hey-day of gemstones-- Some of it is that many of those stones are simply not available anymore like in the past, as the mines have failed--And it was All 100% jewlery in those days! there was Nothing else! Except for a myriad of STRADA watch offerings in every option and style imaginable--- I truly beleive that they had no choice but to expand to selling everyhting else from luggage to pots N pans -- because they had to! Another competitor has struggled to keep jewlery as the focus -- they have worked very hard to maintain that position. CZ has helped them. Anyway -- It was really really really FUN in those days!

At one point in the old days --- Sunday Funday was ALL Jewlery under ten, as was Fantastic Friday! Shipping on those days $1.99 Tuesday was ALL Under 20-- Saturday was SmackDown, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday were the days of variety and different offerings of gemstone jewlery. Often Monday evening was a Luxury show. After a couple years Value Bundle Shipping for $30 a day came about -- that was a great addition! It was SO MUCH FUN!

I guess like they say ---Nothing is Constant ----------- EXCEPT Change!
Hi William!

Wow, sounds like I'd quickly go broke during those shows, lol!

The few non jewelry items I have bought have been fails. A solar charger (stopped solar charging after 2 days), a massage gun (felt like someone smacking me, unlike the nice amazon version we have) jajaba oil (not impressed), cowhide purse (looked like goat fur), and even often the jewelry items are a fail (like my recent gemstone necklaces that turned out to be glass).

I have popped in on HSN a few times and man, so much higher caliber EVERYTHING. Prices are higher and I don't know if quality is better, but presentations are sooooo profesional! And they sell FOOD! But it's definitely not entertaining to watch. pretty dull, lol
2 x

William

Post by William » 1 year ago

Hi Farm Mom ---- I Really Love All your postings and I Really Appreciate All your information !!!!!!!!!

Yes--- In the "old days" It was really difficult because you wanted to buy everything and EVERYTHING was at such a GREAT Deal that it was hard to NOT buy!!! I Ruined my budget REGULARLY --- only after a few times of difficulty and having to have nothing but Ramen noodles bread and cereal for a time as I needed money to pay the bill-- did I learn that I HAD to be careful! BUT ... It WAS So much Fun! and it was all jewlery! There were times on Sunday and Friday when I Purposely would NOT watch because I didn't have the money and I KNOW I would have wanted to BUY! The stuff on those Sundays and Fridays used to be CRAZY! I remember they used to offer a sterling silver necklace with briolet gemstones-- (in all the regular birthstones)-- They ALSO included a bracelet AND they Also Included Earrings-- 3 strand dainty drop earrings with small dangling stones at the tips ---ALL FOR $9.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought that as a gift for SO MANY women and girls back then!!! They occasionally still offer the necklace alone -- now in STainless Steel----- Anyway-- It was amazing!

I Hope that Everyone is Well and Hpe you all had a Nice weekend! Weekend goes TO FAST! THANKS ALL !!!
2 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

Is any one having issues with posting in the community again. Either no one is posting or there is a problem again. Please let me know.
2 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

CaribbeanGirl wrote:
1 year ago
Is any one having issues with posting in the community again. Either no one is posting or there is a problem again. Please let me know.
I don’t know if they are playing around with the forum but it does seem to be difficult to get in to the last few days.

On the other hand not many people post anymore and we know why. ShopLC also knows why.
1 x

FarmMom

CaribbeanGirl wrote:
1 year ago
I think they are changing things . . . for the first time ever I did NOT have to log-in. It actually "remembered" me. Normally I have to log-in after 20 minutes of inactivity, regardless of which device I am on. REALLY frustrating too if you're looking to order live from TV, can't log in fast enough and then POOF deal is gone!

Funny though, the last time that happened I had seen some nice "stone" (likely fake) cross necklaces and I thought it would be a cute idea for my homeschool hybrid kids right before easter. But of course the deal was done before I could log in, so I hooped over to my favorite carry everything delivery in one day online store, and VIOLA! same thing, but better price and 2x more crosses WITH necklaces. PERFECT.

So I guess I am glad that SLC deal was missed, lol. Thankyou slow website!
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I still have the ongoing problem of the the tab(s)under Inside Lc. Supposedly they are aware of the situation. It took me 3 times to put through a order the other day it was so slow.
1 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

Hi there, The website is slow and uninteresting.I had the same problems as everyone mentioned to access the forum.It doesn’t work properly, there are days when it’s impossible to see anything under them”inside community”. Someone mentioned the watches “Strada”. I purchased 2 : one is very heavy and the metallic bracelet gives me a rash , the othe one has a lapis lazuli bracelet and stops working frequently. So, I now consider them just junk.They also charge shipping price for every single item only to send them all in the same packaging.Another way of making money…
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Druid you so right on the bit of charging shipping for each little item then putting it all in the same package. Sometimes the shipping is more than the price of the item. I never place an order under $50 so it ships free. It seems if your order is under the $50 that they are making money on shipping fees.
4 x

FarmMom

It was pretty dumb of them to get rid of the $50 free shipping on Auctions. Who's going to spend $1 on cheap junk and pay $3.99 to ship it? And let's be honest, a LOT of Auction stuff is cheap junk. On the gem site I buy from, most sellers offer combined shipping, but a few charge for each or an extra $4 per stone. I didn't double check that one time, and spent $60 to ship $20 worth of gems, lol. I was so mad at myself! And I won't be back to buy more stones from that seller ;)
2 x