Doorbuster Prices? Haha. No.

Teachergirl

Re: Doorbuster Prices? Haha. No.

Post by Teachergirl » 4 years ago

And let's not forget an hour on a Shungite pillow.
I bought some nice pieces from JTV and free shipping. Bye bye SLC
4 x

BB

Post by BB » 4 years ago

I want to say that … I am not sure with all the complaints on and on if you feel this way why are you still shopping this channel...Constructive criticism with possibly...some ideas on how things could be improved ---- would be my suggestion...Not one shopping channel and I have watched and spend on them all...are not perfect....it would be some positive input as well....
4 x

Teachergirl

You are right. That's why I am turning off SLC.
Haven't watched for most of the day
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

BB wrote:
4 years ago
I want to say that … I am not sure with all the complaints on and on if you feel this way why are you still shopping this channel...Constructive criticism with possibly...some ideas on how things could be improved ---- would be my suggestion...Not one shopping channel and I have watched and spend on them all...are not perfect....it would be some positive input as well....
I respect your thoughts on leaving constructive criticism. Some of us have issues and we are venting and we have left remedies and solutions to our problems numerous times - but it seems SLC management is ignoring our issues in large part.... and from that - we are frustrated.

If I owned a company with a public forum inviting customers to post, to leave their comments, good or bad, I would use it as a great tool to find ways to improve my company. I certainly wouldn't ignore issues. In fact, if I were the President or CEO, I would communicate on the forum as well.

So, in essence, most of us here remember ShopLC when it was "more" a fun place to shop with great prices, products, coupons, incentives etc....and we are really sad/frustrated that the company has changed and taken a turn for the worse. Our "joy" is not being delivered. I think we are holding on to hope that things will get better. I certainly don't want it to wither out. I also enjoy "most" of the hosts but not all.

Maybe shopping on ShopLC is an old habit that is hard to break. Whatever the reasons, having a public forum is an invitation for our thoughts, wishes, complaints and praise and yes, we do give praise too....maybe not as much as you would like for us to give. I will praise more when I experience a good shopping experience or something special happens. I pull for this company and the people on the forum.

Lastly, ShopLC used to be my favorite channel to shop. It's not now. That simple. I really "want" it to be my favorite again.

I wish you and everyone here a wonderful weekend.
11 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

it was easy to get established w/SLC and thru the
years they did deliver joy, I thought "Why go anywhere
else?" Not any more. I have hung in there and
endured being screamed at, suggested changes,
seen others likes and dislikes on this forum, TONS
of good reads and wit from really great good natured
shoppers. Tried to help support and loved their
support when needed. It does boil down to SLC has
changed, not for the better and we are begging for hosts,
and products and presentations w/no gimmicks or
partial truths with the QUALITY that SLC used to
deliver on. Just sayin'.
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
11 x

Auntie

Post by Auntie » 4 years ago

BB wrote:
4 years ago
BB, I agree! It’s OK to complain, but you’ve not done the job they are doing so you haven’t walked in their shoes! But you could if you wanted to start a new forum page on only good things that will help our Shop LC come back to life!
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Auntie wrote:
4 years ago
BB wrote:
4 years ago
BB, I agree! It’s OK to complain, but you’ve not done the job they are doing so you haven’t walked in their shoes! But you could if you wanted to start a new forum page on only good things that will help our Shop LC come back to life!
BB and Auntie,

Since both of you mentioned it, I think "you" should start a new thread titled "Good Things about ShopLC" - to be fair, yes? Both of you have something to contribute to the thread so nothing is stopping you. I look forward to reading it!
5 x

Blazemom

Post by Blazemom » 4 years ago

I don't post on here often but I had to reply to this one. I've been shopping here for more than 10 years so I've seen ShopLC go through a lot of changes, but until recently, the one thing that always remained consistent for me was that the prices were so good and the quality of the jewelry high (for the most part), that I had to discipline myself not to shop too much. Now, I can't find anything I want to buy no matter how hard I try because something has changed on a really basic level. I remember a few years ago I couldn't stop buying the doorbusters they were so fantastic. They had all these Bali Legacy bracelets and rings and necklaces -- everything was under $100. This stuff they are selling now, it's contrary to the business model of affordable jewelry. And the presentations -- just no. I use to keep this channel on all day just as background. Now I can't stand to have it on for 5 minutes it's so annoying. It's really sad to see it go down like this.
11 x

Teachergirl

Blazemom I couldn't have said it better myself.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blazemom wrote:
4 years ago
I don't post on here often but I had to reply to this one. I've been shopping here for more than 10 years so I've seen ShopLC go through a lot of changes, but until recently, the one thing that always remained consistent for me was that the prices were so good and the quality of the jewelry high (for the most part), that I had to discipline myself not to shop too much. Now, I can't find anything I want to buy no matter how hard I try because something has changed on a really basic level. I remember a few years ago I couldn't stop buying the doorbusters they were so fantastic. They had all these Bali Legacy bracelets and rings and necklaces -- everything was under $100. This stuff they are selling now, it's contrary to the business model of affordable jewelry. And the presentations -- just no. I use to keep this channel on all day just as background. Now I can't stand to have it on for 5 minutes it's so annoying. It's really sad to see it go down like this.
I haven’t been here more than a year but I do have to agree about their whole BF concept. I have said this before and I will say it again...people are not going to be buying Rhapsody and Iliana over and over and over during the holidays. They want less expensive items for certain. Some people might buy a piece or two of high end for their someone special but it ends there.

The under $100.00 idea is great!

Not going to be buying high end for my mailman, hair stylist, doctor, esthetician, dog walker, babysitter, neighbor, yada yada yada.

I just don’t understand this marketing concept, I mean, I understand it as I have a degree in marketing. Which is whyyyyyy it has me (insert head banging emoji)!
7 x