Spending a lot of time on expensive items

Gypsy

Re: Spending a lot of time on expensive items

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Completely agree ladies., Way too long on the high end expensive pieces. And the president of company now not only talks too fast....he annoyingly snaps his fingers at us .... definitly not getting me to buy...still changing channel. Could've given us alot if other things to shop for.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

oooooooooo!!!! I HATE the finger snappers!!!! :lol:
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Wonder if SLC is trying to clear inventory of high end items that haven't previously sold? Every time I switch channel to SLC, it's a pricey item (not in my Christmas budget) so I haven't been watching for a while now.
6 x

Opal1010

Post by Opal1010 » 4 years ago

That's right expensive. LOLLOLOL
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Wonder if SLC is trying to clear inventory of high end items that haven't previously sold? Every time I switch channel to SLC, it's a pricey item (not in my Christmas budget) so I haven't been watching for a while now.
Considering they have to pay inventory tax that is highly possible. Some states have to do it monthly, others after the new year (often Feb). Either way if they have a glut of inventory that they anticipated selling during the holiday season they are going to want to sell it.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

And btw ITA that doorbuster shopping should include MANY more affordable items and far fewer high end items. I have said this before.
They should have brought in a lot more NEW affordable items for this shopping weekend. Some folks will take advantage of the high end (heck I am one of them) but I also want the other stuff too. The majority of my shopping is not the high end.

SLC knows this however and are catering to those “collectors” out there. And profit margin is clearly wider on the high end.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ohh and...I was watching last night. A customer texted in with the question “is everything going to be high end???”

The answer by the host was that there was going to be all price ranges and “something for everybody”. Then they went on to show tiara sets.

Yeah no. I only use my tiaras during coronation ceremonies, Royal weddings, state dinners and funerals. 🙄
8 x

Sea

Post by Sea » 4 years ago

I agree I’ve been trying to watch the past couple days but I end up turning the channel all they show is expensive items and like you said they stay on the product forever. I think this new Shoplc President is greedy and is constantly pushing to sell high priced items, this is nothing like it was last year for Christmas items.
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

The more I am watching the more astounded I am.

They even mentioned this morning that people were texting in and literally BEGGING for more “gifts” and the hosts said they were going to be bringing them.

They showed a jewelry box and trinket boxes. That’s it.

The rest:
Polki diamonds
Jade cuffs
Kunzite ring
upcoming with Opatra and diamond rings.

So ya. Sooooo not listening to their customer base.
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
The more I am watching the more astounded I am.

They even mentioned this morning that people were texting in and literally BEGGING for more “gifts” and the hosts said they were going to be bringing them.

They showed a jewelry box and trinket boxes. That’s it.

The rest:
Polki diamonds
Jade cuffs
Kunzite ring
upcoming with Opatra and diamond rings.

So ya. Sooooo not listening to their customer base.
I assume that every sentence they spew is a lie. Every.single.word....I also think "inventory" shown online (laptop) vs. "sold" is a lie too. I think that they show a lot of solds to create a buying frenzy. I do not believe "anything" out of their mouths. They have said they "listen" to customers but they don't. The person in charge of the biggest shopping of the year, Black Friday (which starts on Thanksgiving or a week before, now), through Cyber Monday - should be fired. The products shown are abysmal for gifts to give to people outside your spouse and daughters.

The reason I believe they don't care about product/customer service is their aim is to get your money deposited to ShopLC so they can have it for as long as possible to play with - hence a long wait to get refunded. Example: You pay for an item, they wait a week to ship, slow ship, you get it, take a day or two to return it, they receive it and sit on the return for two weeks. That's at least a month of influx of cash to play with...and you can earn a lot of money playing around with it.

That's my opinion - I could be wrong. (Dennis Miller).

P.S. I love when we, the customers, give reviews of the items we receive. It's honest.
10 x