different prices

ula

different prices

Post by ula » 4 years ago

Can someone please explain the different prices on live tv. When you buy at the beginning, you have higher price that gets lowered later. Will all purchases be adjusted to lower price?
2 x

RS

Re: different prices

Post by RS » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
Can someone please explain the different prices on live tv. When you buy at the beginning, you have higher price that gets lowered later. Will all purchases be adjusted to lower price?
Yes. Even if you purchase at the beginning SLC will adjust your price to the lowest price the item goes.

It’s a falling price “auction” format. I know it seems counterintuitive. But that’s the way they do it here. They start out high and keep lowering the price.
3 x

ula

Post by ula » 4 years ago

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Shoooot!!! I just canceled the diamond ring purchase. Was not going to be crazy to pay more and then the price goes down :evil:
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Shoooot!!! I just canceled the diamond ring purchase. Was not going to be crazy to pay more and then the price goes down :evil:
I get it. Going forward you can always cancel afterwards if you don’t like the price. But most of us on here don’t much like that it takes them so long to get TO the final price.
I personally like to know before I click buy.

Only a few times have I wanted the item badly enough that the price didn’t matter.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Its a game they play. They know the final price before they present it. They just want entice you to buy because everytime they lower the price, you believe you are getting a bigger bargain. Btw- I noticed on many items that have a 40% coupon attached, its not really 40% off. First they increase the starting price then attach the 40% coupon. For example: a pair of diamond earrings were $129 with 40% coupon. It was $99 before, not $129. I found that on many items I bought. More like 25% off.
6 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Its a game they play. They know the final price before they present it. They just want entice you to buy because everytime they lower the price, you believe you are getting a bigger bargain. Btw- I noticed on many items that have a 40% coupon attached, its not really 40% off. First they increase the starting price then attach the 40% coupon. For example: a pair of diamond earrings were $129 with 40% coupon. It was $99 before, not $129. I found that on many items I bought. More like 25% off.
Yes, I noticed that some time ago too. Maybe they can fool some newer shoppers, but if you're like me, you keep a list of items that were interesting to you, including the prices. I rarely even bother to shop the coupons anymore. The only way you get a deal with those is if you find an older item that's already been marked down.
2 x