Spending a lot of time on expensive items

Jolynn

Re: Spending a lot of time on expensive items

Post by Jolynn » 4 years ago

Amit is back on air again trying to push sales on items with a lot of quantity and expensive items that are not affordable for the average Shop LC customer that he wants to get rid of. I have to change the channel when he comes on...can't bear to hear him on air. Shop LC has not been the same since he became president....not good for customers or business. I really hope these concerns are addressed
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Jolynn wrote:
4 years ago
Amit is back on air again trying to push sales on items with a lot of quantity and expensive items that are not affordable for the average Shop LC customer that he wants to get rid of. I have to change the channel when he comes on...can't bear to hear him on air. Shop LC has not been the same since he became president....not good for customers or business. I really hope these concerns are addressed
It seems if the Pres. himself is not concerned with our concerns things won’t change.

HE is the Pres. after all.

And I don’t even like the color of the stone in that ring.
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I haven’t seen anything at all during
doorbustering that I’d spend my
money on. Lots of crap you can see
at any traveling gem show. They come
here about 4 times a year. Must be
where they get their ideas from
4 x

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » 4 years ago

Sea wrote:
4 years ago
I agree I’ve been trying to watch the past couple days but I end up turning the channel all they show is expensive items and like you said they stay on the product forever. I think this new Shoplc President is greedy and is constantly pushing to sell high priced items, this is nothing like it was last year for Christmas items.
Agree. Last year I bought a lot of items, this year, I haven't bought a thing off the doorbuster shows. Going to be shopping elsewhere for Christmas gifts. Delivered disappointment instead of joy. I'm about done with SLC for good.
2 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I dislike the way that it has become. I have bought a lot of inexpensive jewelry in the past and have been really happy with it. Not much being shown any more. I love different pieces of costume jewelry and I have a lot that I have bought from SLC. At work my clients call me the jewelry lady if they need to talk to me on the phone. They love all the different jewelry that I wear.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

This just occurred to me and I dont know if its still how they do things but if it is, it could explain why they are making changes. I read a few years ago and I wont say where, that hosts and probably the entire team, are paid based on their sales. So, a team working a tanzanite smackdown would stand to make more than a team that works Under $10 Friday unless things really even out. This explains the high pressure sales tactics, the slowly mixing in items that arent under $10, the hosts that have switched days. They used to be on air three days a week. Now its more. Ive heard that the amount of sales they have to bring in is always increased so they are always under pressure to preform for their check. I think thats why two people work together. The second person isnt working based on sales. They are making a straight salary. Im not making excuses. Just thinking. Its a poor way to do business because customers never like to be told " you will regret it tomorrow if you dont buy this today". Really? Dont insult my intelligence!
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Maybe they are going to try to compete with GSN. They are the only high end network I know of. I can hardly stand to watch them though. Talk about screaming! Every one of their hosts and guests are screamers. Michelle was the only one that used an indoor voice.
2 x