Black Friday Logjam!

D-Flawless

Black Friday Logjam!

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Dang! That Black Friday sale must have been incredibly successful since I haven’t had a single order ship since the 1st and unfortunately it was a defective stone in a very expensive pendant....even at 40% off! And it was obviously someone else’s return too! Sooooo bummed! I already sent it back but I can imagine it’s going to take weeks to receive my refund. Also received a handbag with a strap that broke before I could even use it! I think this is the Universe telling me I have enough! I know ShopLC is moving massive volumes of items now but they really need to reconfigure the return protocol to ensure defective items don’t go back out to customers who have paid over $100 for something that is advertised as “AAA Premium” and is obviously defective. This is beyond frustrating! 😥😡
8 x

RS

Re: Black Friday Logjam!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh I am so sorry @D-Flawless and also right there with you. Anymore it’s just so stressful. Yet we keep on doing it! My guess is they count on that and even if they can’t there’s always someone to step right up and take our place.
3 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Oh I am so sorry @D-Flawless and also right there with you. Anymore it’s just so stressful. Yet we keep on doing it! My guess is they count on that and even if they can’t there’s always someone to step right up and take our place.
You’re soooooo right RS! It seems like everyone is backed up with shipping from Black Friday except Amazon! I’ve read their warehouse workers have to move a certain number of packages per shift or they are fired! I definitely wouldn’t wish that on ANYONE but “beefing up” the staff for huge sales seems to be a practical solution, right? And the delay is/was expected...that part doesn’t bum me out as much as receiving a defective item that had obviously been returned by a previous customer! Guess we just have to bite the bullet!
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I returned a 3ct diamond necklace with a broken link. I received it in a dirty plastic bag with marker writing on the bag. I returned it, and I reordered another one. They sent me the same broken necklace. They are in desperate need of hiring quality control people, who check the items being shipped. I realize they ship out alot, but so do other vendors. Had a quality control person looked at the necklace, they would have seen a obvious broken link, and it wouldn’t have been shipped.
I did receive alot of the items I ordered on Black friday.
I also received items from their competitors. So, in my case at least it was shipped.
I’m waiting to see if things will improve this week with on air presentations. If they continue with long monotonous presentations of mainly high end overpriced items, followed by letting us wait forever for the REAL final price, I will cancel my account. I was “ addicted” to Shopl until a couple months ago.
Now its frankly alot of ACTING, and monotonous.
It seems that we oldies who spent many thousands are anyway throwaways, they are mainly interested in Newbies.
11 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Vicky, sometimes I wonder if the dissatisfaction that the
employees harbor, is what is wreaking havoc on the quality
of items that are leaving the warehouse? Kinda like
revenge, even if it might mean getting fired, at least
they'd get one more dig. Then there is the quantity and
not quality output coming from the source. I too was
addicted to SLC many years, shopping and overlooking
most of the monotonous drama, finding some things that
I just loved, like a ring that I just might pop on in the
morning, just because it makes me smile. Did this forum
open our eyes? I LOVE the stories from all the women and
their lovely finds and I'm saddened by the frustration from
some over shipping taking too long, returns for obvious
inferior reasons, monies taken before an item is even
shipped, refunds not processed timely.
Physically, I endure back pain, coupled with all the bad
acting, a president that I cannot understand, screaming,
I just turn SLC off and believe it or not - feel better for
doing it! ha :)
I think that I well stayed tuned to this saga, like an old
soap opera, and just watch to see of SLC listens to the
requests from it's shoppers in hopes that things will get
better there.
11 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

After I complained about my two items that had shipped 10 days after the order was placed and threatened to return all items coming in they shipped them out to my UPS and I had to sign for them but they did not tell me what they were going to do after I asked to be updated so I missed the UPS guy when he came and had to wait for him the next day but at least I got the items.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Yep, right before Christmas last year I placed 2 different orders (so they were shipped different days). SLC guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Did not know they were being shipped UPS & just happened to be home when first pkg was delivered & signature required. Realized second pkg would be UPS so I sat home, waited & it was delivered the day after Christmas. I'm not ordering anything right before anymore if I have to be home to sign for it, too inconvenient.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Yep, right before Christmas last year I placed 2 different orders (so they were shipped different days). SLC guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Did not know they were being shipped UPS & just happened to be home when first pkg was delivered & signature required. Realized second pkg would be UPS so I sat home, waited & it was delivered the day after Christmas. I'm not ordering anything right before anymore if I have to be home to sign for it, too inconvenient.
I'm still trying to figure out why only some packages are sent via the postal service and ups that require a signature while other don't. The other issues is you have no way of knowing that a signature is required unless you have MyChoice via ups or an account with the postal service that informs you that a signature is required.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I'm still trying to figure out why only some packages are sent via the postal service and ups that require a signature while other don't. The other issues is you have no way of knowing that a signature is required unless you have MyChoice via ups or an account with the postal service that informs you that a signature is required.
I think the last days leading to Christmas are the only times my pkgs from SLC arrived UPS. Although I think others here have rec'd from UPS at different times of year. It's a mystery to me!
3 x

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I returned a 3ct diamond necklace with a broken link. I received it in a dirty plastic bag with marker writing on the bag. I returned it, and I reordered another one. They sent me the same broken necklace. They are in desperate need of hiring quality control people, who check the items being shipped. I realize they ship out alot, but so do other vendors. Had a quality control person looked at the necklace, they would have seen a obvious broken link, and it wouldn’t have been shipped.
I did receive alot of the items I ordered on Black friday.
I also received items from their competitors. So, in my case at least it was shipped.
I’m waiting to see if things will improve this week with on air presentations. If they continue with long monotonous presentations of mainly high end overpriced items, followed by letting us wait forever for the REAL final price, I will cancel my account. I was “ addicted” to Shopl until a couple months ago.
Now its frankly alot of ACTING, and monotonous.
It seems that we oldies who spent many thousands are anyway throwaways, they are mainly interested in Newbies.
Maybe because the oldies remember how it used to be and that the quality of the items was better, getting your orders within a week was the norm, the cs was definitely better and refunds didn't take a month or longer to process. The newbies will be easier to shuck and jive as the southern saying goes and will be easier to sell the lower quality items to until the newbies catch on, then SLC will have to start over (that is if they are still in business) with a whole new batch of newbies.
2 x