Fraud!! "Unknown Bidder??????

Moderator_Danielle

Re: Fraud!! "Unknown Bidder??????

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am engaging some members of the E-commerce team to help with identifying this user. In the mean time, if there is an auction you see, if you could see me an item number that would be great! Danielle.jackson@shoplc.com If you don't feel comfortable emailing you can also put it on here I will check on this thread when I return to work.
4 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
Right now someone is bidding on this ring and the estimated retail value is $1100.00 - bids are now at 104 and still going.
https://www.shoplc.com/auction.action/a ... 8565363114

but if you go here it shows the retail value of $129.00 and you can buy it over 3 payments!!!

https://www.shoplc.com/anahi-ametrine%2 ... /p/3295519
Actually it was SELLING for $129....not retail value so the person who won it for $104 got a good deal! Nothing wrong with that auction!
0 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I saw on auctions last year that a certain person would bid on all the expensive things and up the bids so high that no one else would bid. Eventually they found out who it was and their account was gone. A few weeks later it started again and they had made a new account and doing the same thing to the RA. I don’t do the RA anymore due to some bidders going so high that I know they won’t purchase the items and it ruins it for everyone else. Don’t get me wrong, I have gotten great deals on lots of things when I was doing the RA but it’s just gotten out of hand with certain bidders over bidding and never buying those things.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I saw and bid on 3 items today and actually won the auctions. I ( of course ) paid more on the website for the items that I bid on today and thought wow these items were just in an on air presentation a couple o days ago and now it is being auctioned off. Debating on whether or not to purchase via the auction and return higher priced ones.
2 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

Today's price jacker is "Serena". She/the computer has over bid on EVERY SINGLE DIAMOND in the auction....well over 400 items. No way this can be a real bidder because her shopping cart can only hold 100 items before cutting off. COMPLETE FRAUD!!!!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
Today's price jacker is "Serena". She/the computer has over bid on EVERY SINGLE DIAMOND in the auction....well over 400 items. No way this can be a real bidder because her shopping cart can only hold 100 items before cutting off. COMPLETE FRAUD!!!!
Please take some screenshots so you can show Mod Danielle.
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to touch base about "unknown bidder" thanks to the E-Com team we found them. The chat team is engaging with them as we speak. Have a great day!
5 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but tell me that THIS one makes any sense:
Here's the item, being sold for $165;

https://www.shoplc.com/blue-and-yellow- ... /p/3217565

And here is the SAME item that just sold at $1 auction for $250!!

https://www.shoplc.com/auction.action/b ... 9712964010

Either the auction winner is an idiot, or a faker...
2 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

Today I placed a relatively low bid on a bracelet, not expecting to win, though I did win one the other day at a great price so I thought I’d try again. One person bid $1 more than me during the last seconds and than someone with my identical name - which is a common name- bid $1 higher and won the auction. I didn’t win the auction. This has happened to me a number of times where someone with my same name won the bid at the last second. Either it is very coincidental that someone with my same name bid at the last second or there is something fishy going on. 🐡🐠🐟🐬🐳
2 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
Today I placed a relatively low bid on a bracelet, not expecting to win, though I did win one the other day at a great price so I thought I’d try again. One person bid $1 more than me during the last seconds and than someone with my identical name - which is a common name- bid $1 higher and won the auction. I didn’t win the auction. This has happened to me a number of times where someone with my same name won the bid at the last second. Either it is very coincidental that someone with my same name bid at the last second or there is something fishy going on. 🐡🐠🐟🐬🐳
Maybe your screen name is a common one? Mine shows up as John, so there seems to be a few of me bidding against....uh...myself!!
3 x