Morning 7-1-21

Post Reply
AD
Posts: 1377
Joined: 2 years ago

Morning 7-1-21

Post by AD » 1 year ago

Good morning all, Today is July 1st :o where has the time gone?? Six and a half months till Christmas approximately whoa! Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet??? I use to start around October when the children were small, now it’s gift cards mainly, the kids are all grown up 😒. Hopefully everyone’s weather has cooled off 😊. Have a great day 😊
10 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 4012
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

Good Morning Ladies 😊

πŸ˜Šβ˜•[CLINK]β˜•πŸ˜Š

using the BIG cups today!!! Its first of the month, fun time, otherwise known as.....paying the bills 😳 😁
the kittes are all fed and I've gotten my purrs and cuddles this morning.
We have a chance for rain bands all this week. But I know the Island will be crowded this weekend 😊
Have a great one......don't forget your

Happy Dance today πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

-Gypsy
13 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

Morning all! I was playing solitaire and watching SLC this morning at about 1 am, when all of a sudden my laptop locked up and a recorded voice was talking to me! Claiming to be a virus alert from Microsoft! Doing what anyone would do in such a situation, I turned it off and went to bed!

Now I'm frozen, trying to figure out what to do! I did Google a bit and believe it is a scam. However the steps to repair it are confusing so early in the morning! How can I go here and click on there when the keyboard is frozen? I have messages to a couple of people who work here, but they are busy right now.
8 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 4012
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
Morning all! I was playing solitaire and watching SLC this morning at about 1 am, when all of a sudden my laptop locked up and a recorded voice was talking to me! Claiming to be a virus alert from Microsoft! Doing what anyone would do in such a situation, I turned it off and went to bed!

Now I'm frozen, trying to figure out what to do! I did Google a bit and believe it is a scam. However the steps to repair it are confusing so early in the morning! How can I go here and click on there when the keyboard is frozen? I have messages to a couple of people who work here, but they are busy right now.
@anniebelle

That definitely sounds like the scam that hit my parents laptops. They ended up contacting geek squad to get on and fix. I would suggest you contact whoever it is that you have virus protection through. Good luck. -Gypsy
7 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

Gypsy wrote: ↑
1 year ago
anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
Morning all! I was playing solitaire and watching SLC this morning at about 1 am, when all of a sudden my laptop locked up and a recorded voice was talking to me! Claiming to be a virus alert from Microsoft! Doing what anyone would do in such a situation, I turned it off and went to bed!

Now I'm frozen, trying to figure out what to do! I did Google a bit and believe it is a scam. However the steps to repair it are confusing so early in the morning! How can I go here and click on there when the keyboard is frozen? I have messages to a couple of people who work here, but they are busy right now.
@anniebelle

That definitely sounds like the scam that hit my parents laptops. They ended up contacting geek squad to get on and fix. I would suggest you contact whoever it is that you have virus protection through. Good luck. -Gypsy
Good idea! Question is, why didn't my virus protection work? What did I pay for? :roll:
6 x

AD
Posts: 1377
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by AD » 1 year ago

Oh my A. I would be freaking out :o I wouldn’t know what to do. Good luck. H😊
5 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 4012
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
Gypsy wrote: ↑
1 year ago
anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
Morning all! I was playing solitaire and watching SLC this morning at about 1 am, when all of a sudden my laptop locked up and a recorded voice was talking to me! Claiming to be a virus alert from Microsoft! Doing what anyone would do in such a situation, I turned it off and went to bed!

Now I'm frozen, trying to figure out what to do! I did Google a bit and believe it is a scam. However the steps to repair it are confusing so early in the morning! How can I go here and click on there when the keyboard is frozen? I have messages to a couple of people who work here, but they are busy right now.
@anniebelle

That definitely sounds like the scam that hit my parents laptops. They ended up contacting geek squad to get on and fix. I would suggest you contact whoever it is that you have virus protection through. Good luck. -Gypsy
Good idea! Question is, why didn't my virus protection work? What did I pay for? :roll:
I have no answer for that. I don't even have a laptop. But I'm sure a hacker can weasel a virus in any little crack - Gypsy
5 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

I went downstairs to ask for some help with my laptop. While waiting for her return, I was fiddling around trying to get the screens off my desktop. "CTRL ALT DEL" popped into my head from PC 101 40 yrs ago! I noticed these little symbols at the bottom right of the screen. One said something about security, tried to open it. My friend walked up, closed it up, took it into her office. She turned on the computer,, looked at the screen, and said "What do you want me to do?" ???? IT WAS FINE!! Nothing there that wasn't supposed to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
7 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 4012
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
I went downstairs to ask for some help with my laptop. While waiting for her return, I was fiddling around trying to get the screens off my desktop. "CTRL ALT DEL" popped into my head from PC 101 40 yrs ago! I noticed these little symbols at the bottom right of the screen. One said something about security, tried to open it. My friend walked up, closed it up, took it into her office. She turned on the computer,, looked at the screen, and said "What do you want me to do?" ???? IT WAS FINE!! Nothing there that wasn't supposed to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ woohoo !!!!
4 x

ElleTee
Posts: 36
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Morning 7-1-21

Post by ElleTee » 1 year ago

anniebelle wrote: ↑
1 year ago
Morning all! I was playing solitaire and watching SLC this morning at about 1 am, when all of a sudden my laptop locked up and a recorded voice was talking to me! Claiming to be a virus alert from Microsoft! Doing what anyone would do in such a situation, I turned it off and went to bed!

Now I'm frozen, trying to figure out what to do! I did Google a bit and believe it is a scam. However the steps to repair it are confusing so early in the morning! How can I go here and click on there when the keyboard is frozen? I have messages to a couple of people who work here, but they are busy right now.
Hi Anniebelle,
It is definitely a scam. It's done by the same guys who call you pretending to be from Microsoft, alerting you to a dangerous virus they have detected on your computer. I had the pop up scare several years ago, and it is scary and very inconvenient because it temporarily freezes the computer. I had called Microsoft and they explained how it works. The goal of the scammer is to get you to call the number they provide in the pop up. From there they will try to sell you some bogus virus protection plan and download spyware or other malicious apps onto your computer. A lot of unsuspecting people fall for it, especially older folks. There are so MANY scams out there, we have to be very cautious, sadly.
They're probably the same jerks who call pretending to be from Social Security ! :x
5 x

Post Reply