Back in the old days…

Amy

Back in the old days…

Post by Amy » 1 month ago

I’ve been shopping with ShopLC for years, started out as liquidation channel. I have many pieces of beautiful quality jewelry from those days that were affordable. Now I can’t even get something on the auction that I can afford. Sometimes today special value are priced too high. I wish those old days could come back & everyone could make a happy purchase. What has happened to ShopLC? 😖😖😖
10 x

mpompadour

Re: Back in the old days…

Post by mpompadour » 1 month ago

Shop LC has gone too high end. What used to be a fun and inexpensive way to buy nice jewelry is long gone. They think they are on par with the luxury brands. Um NOOOOO.
7 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 1 month ago

Seems like there are mostly just two basic types of merchandise on SLC now: (1) The high-end items that most can’t afford or simply don’t want. This includes items that the hosts show for the better part of an hour, yet only get a handful of sales. 😴 (2) Low-cost items that seem to be increasingly low-quality with all sorts of shipping and cancellation problems! ☹️

You have to do better SLC or your station may soon be a “close-out” item! 😳🤣😁🤞
7 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 month ago

Spinoza, they should scale back on showing anything set in 18k and platinum. The ones with tanzanite seem plentiful there's no way the stone is truly rare. Most of their Modani is pricey too. The hosts put in alot of effort trying to convince viewers they should buy as an investment but many can't justify spending $2k+. Same goes for the 24k gold electroform jewelry.

The low cost stuff has a short life expectancy. I decided it's reasonable to buy their lower priced decent jewelry (plat/gold/rhod over sterling).
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

Christie, I too only buy the sterling, stainless steel and sometimes the ion plated for gifts. The 14kt overlay wears off too fast for me. It's a waste of $$ Imo. I don't shop here as much as I used to. I have enough from years ago. When the choices were much better an affordable.
9 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

I agree that many years ago, when they went by the Liquidation Channel, the Auctions were good and seem to be done fairly. Jewelry Quality was much better also. I purchased quite a lot of very nice quality jewelry pieces for very good prices back then and didn't get charged all the shipping fees on each item as it is done now. Seems as if ShopLc is trying to compete with some of the other Shopping Networks, such as offering Designer Sunglasses and Fragrances and are competing poorly. ShopHq sells the Same Designer Sunglasses as well as a Large Selection of Different Designer Sunglasses with Authentication Papers for less than the one $199.99 price offered by LC recently. There is also basically a Scheduled Program Slot for at least an hour weekly with Designer Sunglasses and Fragrances at the same or lesser priced than ShopLc and they are Not Closeouts, Old Products with Fragrances possibly gone Rancid or Questionable Authenticity. LC "Designer Fragrances" can be purchased nearly by every Department Store, or Shopping Network for the same price or even lower prices than what they are trying to push the sale of them for. Not to mention there is No Huge Inflated Start Prices or Comparisons as LC does with each and every item sold. I don't know of any other Shopping Network that plays that game. It's an insult to the Customers to think people actually believe that Crap. That alone has to make anyone question this Companies Motives and Ethics. Other Shopping Network Hosts also don't bad mouth other Shopping Networks, as certain LC Hosts constantly do, so petty and unprofessional.
I know the pricing of many items including Designer Sunglasses and Fragrances to be true because I have purchased these items as well as many things from ShopHq for a very good price, they also offer 6 Budget Payments on Higher End Items and not 5 Budget Payments. Now with the New Owner Completely Restructuring the Network, offering Free Shipping on All Items Everyday, with No Minimum Purchase amount, and getting rid of Brands that should have been gotten rid of years ago, it has made the Network so much better and some Employees that previously left have returned and the Ones that stayed and stuck it out with the Previous Owners have verbalized how much everything has improved and how the Hosts and other Employees now have input into what Brands and Items to offer Customers along with Programming Decisions and several of the Hosts have verbally addressed a Thank You to the Customers who "stuck in there" with them during the bad times and are hopeful that the New Ownership will be Positive for Everyone. So far, I have noticed that the Hosts seem a lot more Relaxed and Happy on Air.
They have been having great sales with discount coupons on some days and then the everyday Free Shipping. The Jewelry Prices, in general, unless a Big Sale or Clearance are Higher priced than ShopLc about the same prices as HSN/ QVC but from what I have purchased, the quality is also much better, so I believe that you more often than not, do get what you pay for. Clothing is Up to Date much like HSN/QVC (which I also purchase from) and Not Mostly Kaftans and One Size Fits All Items, that are poorly made and Outdated India Printed Style Clothing Without Any or Incorrect Measurements.
I also think that Jay King's Jewelry on HSN/QVC is so much more stylish and colors more vibrant, just much better quality than ShopLc especially with any of the Beaded Gemstone Items made with the
same Gems as what is offered by ShopLC, also he nor any other Gem Dealer/Designer/Manufacturer on the other Networks, doesn't make everything sound desperate, like you have to buy it now or you will never have a chance to own a particular Gemstone again in your lifetime or act like they are doing you a favor by letting you buy the Seemingly Neverending "Rare Gems" from their Own Family Private Collections (Tony). I don't work or receive any Compensation in any form from Anyone or Company/Network, just stating my opinion that mostly comes from being burned from items purchased from LC. I guess I am just venting, it gets very old to hear the same old statements about what something would cost if purchased on a Cruise Ship or if it had a Certain Designer Initials. We are Not on a Cruise Ship and when the item being offered doesn't have a Designer Mark then why constantly compare it. And Not Everything is A Warehouse Closeout to make Space. Give everyone a break and shut that down. Also if someone purchases Jewelry Items with the Super Inflated Prices offered on a Cruise Ship then they aren't very Financially Responsible and it's hard to Feel Sorry for Someone that is either Careless or Senseless. I may sound harsh but it's how I see things. I can barely stand to even have LC on as background noise anymore. Same old Statements from Certain Hosts get very Irritating and Old very quickly, the Certain Hosts that Never Shut Up and then the few with No Personality make it virtually unbearable. I think that maybe LC needs to do some Major Restructuring instead of bragging about how many new Networks they have opened in Different Countries. I firmly believe in the Motto:The bigger you are the harder you fall. Please forgive my ranting and any typos. Just speaking my opinion.
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

Lanai you could not have said it better! You vented and spoke the truth! I agree with you especially on Shop Hq comments. I have purchased a bunch of jewelry items from them since the free shipping. I have 5 items coming in the next few days. Their quality is so much better and the prices when you catch a flash sale or any sale are great.
5 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 1 month ago

@Lanai .....

I love reading your so called "rants"
They are informative and many times make me giggle :lol:
Keep them coming please :)
5 x

Lanai

Re: Back in the old d theays…

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

I can keep them coming until I get banned, this
Company and it's Hosts (all of them) are infuriating, some Hosts are just a bit more tolerable than others!!
5 x