You are not going to believe this

JewelryQueen

You are not going to believe this

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I won something on Rising Auctions! I didn't have to overpay or anything. It is a Southwestern Kingman turquoise pendant. I have been trying for months to get one since it is a special order for one of Sissy's friend. Yippee!!!!!
8 x

Angelflutter

Re: You are not going to believe this

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Good for you JQ. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it returns to you in perfect condition. :D
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I won something on Rising Auctions! I didn't have to overpay or anything. It is a Southwestern Kingman turquoise pendant. I have been trying for months to get one since it is a special order for one of Sissy's friend. Yippee!!!!!
Congrats JQ!
4 x

JewelryQueen

Thanks Angelflutter. I have learned my lesson and am not telling Sissy about this until I have it in my hot little hands
6 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

🤩 wow..doing a happy 😊 dance for you JewelryQ
7 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Yeee Haww, JQ!! Congratulations!

If it's not too personal, how do you find your clients and how do you find out what they are wanting to buy? I know you said earlier you don't have a website - so just wondering how it works.
5 x

JewelryQueen

I do two major street fairs a year at which I hand out my business cards. A large amount of my purchasers are so pleased they call me to ask for other items. They also do word of mouth advertising for me. Some of my return customers ask me to keep my eye out for a certain gemstone, for example. I know their tastes and price points so I consider myself their personal shopper. Of course I stand behind the products and always offer to buy back any items they are not pleased with within 3 months (as long as they are not damaged ).
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I am very happy for you, congrats!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I do two major street fairs a year at which I hand out my business cards. A large amount of my purchasers are so pleased they call me to ask for other items. They also do word of mouth advertising for me. Some of my return customers ask me to keep my eye out for a certain gemstone, for example. I know their tastes and price points so I consider myself their personal shopper. Of course I stand behind the products and always offer to buy back any items they are not pleased with within 3 months (as long as they are not damaged ).
I wish I could do a couple of street fairs! I think it would be so fun! What else do you sell at the fairs? Your lotions? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I love the idea of street fairs though. My husband and I talked how we would love to do a food truck specializing in something and we thought it would be fun. Where I live we have a festival or fair almost every weekend within 50 miles of us every month of the year. Something is always going on.

Is it much work to set up? Do you have anyone helping you?
4 x

JewelryQueen

OSOTT

I don't mind questions at all. I only sell jewelry. Of course I had to get a business license. I now have a pop-up tent which is much easier than my previous one that had to be assembled. I rent a 10' by 10' space. Larger ones are more expensive. The fairs are Friday afternoon to Sunday night. It is just me, Sissy and my best friend the famous red-headed Marilyn. I think some of the vendors have quite the laugh at 2 women almost 70 and one over 70 dragging suitcases of merchandise down the street and putting up the tent, tables, tent covers etc. solo. I may add lotion this year but have to get that approved by the event organizers.

I wish you had a food truck at my events as the food vendors at mine leave something to be desired. But they make big bucks!

PS The way the RA is going most times, I only have stock for about one more year so I may NEED to go to selling lotion.
6 x