Retail value

Gem Lover

Retail value

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Right now they are showing a 8.90 ct. Green Amethyst ring and their retail value is $699.00, One of the other networks has a beautiful 13 ct. one and their est. retail value is $157.00 I hate that they over inflate their retail price on here.
8 x

RS

Re: Retail value

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Right now they are showing a 8.90 ct. Green Amethyst ring and their retail value is $699.00, One of the other networks has a beautiful 13 ct. one and their est. retail value is $157.00 I hate that they over inflate their retail price on here.
See my post on these rings! 😡
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

And now they are showing $9.99 rings, rings that are on Friday’s for $14.99!

What’s up here?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

And FURTHERMORE....if they are gonna jack up prices after being on the site for considerably less in this case, I would rather have the Prasiolite ring Tenner showed last night in an asscher cut for $2.00 more.Jeeeezzzzz
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

All of these pricing games will wind up biting them in the butt because people will be too leery to buy. It smacks of deceit.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Where IS that emoji with the little person banging their head on their keyboard till his eyes fall out?
That’s how I feel!
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I think I figured something out about the retail value. Shop lc says their start price is the retail value but in the graphics or on the product page does it state that. When they are showing the item it just says start price, they are not writing retail value. I was watching JTV earlier and they stated the estimated retail value of the item that was airing and they said the in the United States it is illegal to put an estimated retail value unless it is documented so when other networks post the value they can and have to back it up. Now on shop lc by calling it a start price they are covering their butt because they are not calling it an estimated retail value which tells me they have nothing to back up the claim of a value of an item or they would write estimated retail value.
9 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

There was a Class Action lawsuit against LC in 2014 regarding overly inflated “estimated retail values”. They lowered them considerably after that. I never put much stock in that price aka “start price”. Unfortunately I have noticed it does seem to drive the prices on the Auctions up unnecessarily even though many of those estimated values really don’t make sense! Jewelry is such an “emotional” purchase and it’s only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it at any given moment. Bottom line...do your research and keep your eyes open. ShopLC still has the best prices and excellent quality compared to any other vendors out there! I am a bit concerned about the new trend of more items being made in China instead of India though....the quality is not nearly as good from China! Poorer quality under galleries and less silver on the bands. But JTV still doesn’t have under galleries at all and they charge a lot more! At the end of the day ShopLC still wins! Hands down! 🤑💎💍
5 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Lc does a lot to cover their you know what
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
There was a Class Action lawsuit against LC in 2014 regarding overly inflated “estimated retail values”. They lowered them considerably after that. I never put much stock in that price aka “start price”. Unfortunately I have noticed it does seem to drive the prices on the Auctions up unnecessarily even though many of those estimated values really don’t make sense! Jewelry is such an “emotional” purchase and it’s only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it at any given moment. Bottom line...do your research and keep your eyes open. ShopLC still has the best prices and excellent quality compared to any other vendors out there! I am a bit concerned about the new trend of more items being made in China instead of India though....the quality is not nearly as good from China! Poorer quality under galleries and less silver on the bands. But JTV still doesn’t have under galleries at all and they charge a lot more! At the end of the day ShopLC still wins! Hands down! 🤑💎💍
And hollowed out Settings, less silver, under gallery... all that isn’t going to help stones stay in any better now is it!? Prongs are so thin already
4 x