Re: Shophq and Sankom

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Shophq just said they are going to start selling Sankom. I wonder if they left Shoplc?
There probably moving to a network with a larger audience and better shipping policy. The two things that will change when they move will be the price and the cost of shipping as we already know ShopHQ has higher shipping charges.
Shipping is higher but I do wonder if their packages are insured? Ive never made a purchase from them.
I use to shop with them before they changed the name to Evine and don't know about packages being insured but I never had an issue with items arriving damages. They shipped within days of ordering and used UPS surepost with delivery by USPS. My packages were always upgraded and delivered by UPS so I received a day earlier.

They do charge taxes on shipping and you have to ensure that you get refunded shipping if an item is damaged and you return on your own dime. I purchased a lot of jewelry from them and now that I look back probably paid too much for the items but I have only returned two items...not due to quality as I just did not like the pieces.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Do you remember the designing husband and wife duo that was on there back in those days? John and Laura Ramsey? Their pieces were so expensive and then they disappeared but I heard rumors things weren’t like they were claiming about their jewelry. So I don’t know what actually happened.
3 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Now if we can just get rid of Opatra :roll:
8 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Now if we can just get rid of Opatra :roll:
Now that was funny 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Do you remember the designing husband and wife duo that was on there back in those days? John and Laura Ramsey? Their pieces were so expensive and then they disappeared but I heard rumors things weren’t like they were claiming about their jewelry. So I don’t know what actually happened.
I recognize their names but cant picture them. I think Karen Connely sued this network over her brand because they wanted to say it was theirs when she left. The name of her designs.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I used to shop at shopHQ until I bought a velvet jacket which arrived with a big stain. It was dry clean only so I was afraid to try and get the stain out myself. I showed it to my cleaners who said the stain soaked into the fibers and he cant guarantee the result. So I called shophq to return it. They insisted I pay for return shipping. They said that when customers want to return clothing, they damage it so they get free returns. I was so livid. I tried to tell them I received it that way. Anyway I cancelled my account after paying for return shipping. A supervisor called me about 1 month later offering me a $50 coupon for me to return. I told her even if she added a few zero’s I would never shop there again.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I used to shop at shopHQ until I bought a velvet jacket which arrived with a big stain. It was dry clean only so I was afraid to try and get the stain out myself. I showed it to my cleaners who said the stain soaked into the fibers and he cant guarantee the result. So I called shophq to return it. They insisted I pay for return shipping. They said that when customers want to return clothing, they damage it so they get free returns. I was so livid. I tried to tell them I received it that way. Anyway I cancelled my account after paying for return shipping. A supervisor called me about 1 month later offering me a $50 coupon for me to return. I told her even if she added a few zero’s I would never shop there again.
Was this Shopnbc at one time? I may have purchased jewelry from Shopnbc but that was ages ago.
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Shop HQ does offer what they call Shop HQ VIP you pay $16.95 a month (one month free trial to see if you like it) you get refunded for shipping and refunded for returns, you also earn 5% cash back on your Shop HQ purchases and 5% cash back at market place purchases. It is cheaper than bundle shipping is here, if you shop often it would be worth it. Here is the link: https://www.shophqvip.com/?utm_source=S ... r_Benefits
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Was this Shopnbc at one time? I may have purchased jewelry from Shopnbc but that was ages ago.
Yes they were ShopNBC...I remember purchasing my first laptop computer with them and just retired it due the outdated operating system. They sold good quality electronics back then but I would never use their value pay system. I remember reading about a customer whose bank account had been compromised and when ShopNBC could not get their value payment they froze the online account and banned the customer from ever using value pay again. I was surprised that they would ban someone and combined with the terrible customer service I decided to stop shopping with them after that.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I don’t buy from the new ShopHQ, the prices are ridiculous compared to what they were when it was ValueVision, ShopNBC and Evine. I stopped after it became ShopNBC due to a customer service agent saying I didn’t pay my value payments on a item. It was coming out of my account automatically so I had to get copies from the bank showing it was being paid and I had paid it off early too. I had to fax it to the billing department and waited a couple weeks for a phone call. They had resolved it put my account back to a zero balance. No apology or anything but I had to do all the work showing them they were paid. I closed my account shortly after and haven’t shopped there since. That was a nightmare to get straight
4 x