The overzealous bidder!

Lauren

Re: The overzealous bidder!

Post by Lauren » 4 years ago

Merilee seemed to have been gone for a minute but now she's back. I just checked my watch list and she had maybe 5 or 6 items bid up well over 2 and 300 dollars. Ridiculous! I hope something is being done about her. Its clear she's just bidding for the heck of it and/or isn't very bright because many of the items can be bought on the catalog side for cheaper with a coupon!
2 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

The same thing happened to me when I first started ordering here years ago. I tried the RA's for a bracelet that had sold out on TV that I really liked, but several times it was bid up higher than the regular price. I said "nuts" to that and have never returned to the RA's.
2 x

RottieMom

Post by RottieMom » 4 years ago

I'm very new to Shop LC and noticed those names as well. I was able to snag a few really good deals the past few days though. But, I did find it odd that I see the same names keep bidding on the majority of items. Maybe they have a store or something and are trying to get deals and sell for more...who knows.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RottieMom wrote:
4 years ago
I'm very new to Shop LC and noticed those names as well. I was able to snag a few really good deals the past few days though. But, I did find it odd that I see the same names keep bidding on the majority of items. Maybe they have a store or something and are trying to get deals and sell for more...who knows.
That's great ! And welcome to the forum 😊
Yeah there are some "max bidders" that make things difficult
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Don't know how but I recently managed to win a Grandidierite ring on RA (& it was stressful)! It was a relatively good price, just hope I think it was worth it when it arrives since I won't be able to return it.
I have returned 2 Grandidierite rings in the past & I rarely go to RA anymore but the thread about Grandidierite made me want to try it again. Wish certain ones didn't make getting a good deal so difficult for the rest of us on RA.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Don't know how but I recently managed to win a Grandidierite ring on RA (& it was stressful)! It was a relatively good price, just hope I think it was worth it when it arrives since I won't be able to return it.
I have returned 2 Grandidierite rings in the past & I rarely go to RA anymore but the thread about Grandidierite made me want to try it again. Wish certain ones didn't make getting a good deal so difficult for the rest of us on RA.
Congratulations ❣❣
🤞🤞 fingers crossed that your ring is beautiful ❗
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Congratulations ❣❣
🤞🤞 fingers crossed that your ring is beautiful ❗
Thank you Gypsy! 💞
3 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

the auction is a huge hoax where the computer autobids to an established price point. Check out the bid histories of your items and you will see 15 or more bids in the span of less than a second. Humans cannot do this. Put items in your cart then go back and set your max bid....you will see the computer has already tracked it and is set to autobid before you can even get your max bids placed.
0 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

Ruby, I agree with you.
0 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
the auction is a huge hoax where the computer autobids to an established price point. Check out the bid histories of your items and you will see 15 or more bids in the span of less than a second. Humans cannot do this. Put items in your cart then go back and set your max bid....you will see the computer has already tracked it and is set to autobid before you can even get your max bids placed.
Ruby, never thought of that. You could be right. Shouldn't there be a law against that. That is not an honest auction and should be considered fraudulent. I always assumed these fake bidders were a plant used to drive prices up. Oooo, steam is coming out of my ears now!!!! Rottie Mom, welcome to the forum. Hope you find some good buys and make friends here. We are all easy to get along with. ( Well, with maybe a couple of exceptions.... which I haven't seen posting lately.)
2 x