Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

according to stories my husband told me .....YES
he grew up with no indoor plumbing ❗ -Gypsy
I grew up with no indoor plumbing & yes, my dad kept Sears catalog nearby. Me?...guess I thought I was special, the tp was there & that's what I used!
I still remember when the big Sears catalog would arrive by mail we'd spend hours pouring through it. You could order ANYTHING 😊😊😊
Yep! Don't you know the mail carriers hated that day!
4 x

honey

Re: SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

according to stories my husband told me .....YES
he grew up with no indoor plumbing ❗ -Gypsy
I grew up with no indoor plumbing & yes, my dad kept Sears catalog nearby. Me?...guess I thought I was special, the tp was there & that's what I used!
I still remember when the big Sears catalog would arrive by mail we'd spend hours pouring through it. You could order ANYTHING 😊😊😊
Dogs, Livestock, HOUSES
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Catticus
Maybe this virus & laxk of tp will give us the kick in the rear we need to clean out those neglected closets & piles you & I both have!😛

If I run out of tp, I'm sure beneath all my stuff are t shirts, socks, etc that can be used if necessary!

When I made a supply run yesterday, planned on getting some anti-d...you know, the fewer times you go the less tp needed! Alas, others must have had same thoughts because it was yet another empty shelf!

TMI??😛
@Blossom

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
🤣😂😆🤣😂😆🤣😂😆😂🤣😂

Nope! Not TMI! I get ya!

That's SO TRUE about our closets! I know I need a kick in the rear to get at them!
🤣😂

Lots of socks, underwear, scarves, tees! I know there's even towels in those piles!

"There's GOLD in them thar hills!"

I bet we have more of this type of "TP" than anyone!
🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😂
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Dogs, Livestock, HOUSES
YES
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Yep I remember the Sears and Roebuck catalogue when I was small. It was where I got the best ideas for Santa Claus. LOL
THE WISHBOOK❣️
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Yep I remember the Sears and Roebuck catalogue when I was small. It was where I got the best ideas for Santa Claus. LOL
It was so exciting! We would spend HOURS leafing through it, making lists! Oh, that toy section!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
It was so exciting! We would spend HOURS leafing through it, making lists! Oh, that toy section!
LOVED the toy section!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

Dogs, Livestock, HOUSES
YES
what?
You could truly order ANYTHING through Sears
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Well I am old enough and the outhouse always had either a Montgomery Ward or a Sears catalogue. We had to race through the Sears and write down the item # and page #, and double check it, in case the "usage" caught up to your Christmas or Birthday Have-To-Have pages.

And I don't think you guys have seen anything yet. I live two and an half blocks from the grocery store and I saw three teenage boys knock an old man down and were punching and kicking him. I grabbed my rake and took off. I'd like to say running but it was an incredibly fast hobble. By the time I got there the punks had run off. I helped the man to his car and cleaned him off with the Clorox wipes in my pocket. I stayed with him a while, as he was too shook up to drive.

Then I heard about this one but didn't see it. The local police have banned gathering in the parks. They have drones they were monitoring with as the don't have the manpower to guard these parks. Some of the local hooligans took their guns down there and shot the drones. Guess it will be easier to do drugs or whatever that way. I'm telling you it is like something out of Lord of the Flies!! If you haven't read it in a while it might be a good investment of your time.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Well I am old enough and the outhouse always had either a Montgomery Ward or a Sears catalogue. We had to race through the Sears and write down the item # and page #, and double check it, in case the "usage" caught up to your Christmas or Birthday Have-To-Have pages.

And I don't think you guys have seen anything yet. I live two and an half blocks from the grocery store and I saw three teenage boys knock an old man down and were punching and kicking him. I grabbed my rake and took off. I'd like to say running but it was an incredibly fast hobble. By the time I got there the punks had run off. I helped the man to his car and cleaned him off with the Clorox wipes in my pocket. I stayed with him a while, as he was too shook up to drive.

Then I heard about this one but didn't see it. The local police have banned gathering in the parks. They have drones they were monitoring with as the don't have the manpower to guard these parks. Some of the local hooligans took their guns down there and shot the drones. Guess it will be easier to do drugs or whatever that way. I'm telling you it is like something out of Lord of the Flies!! If you haven't read it in a while it might be a good investment of your time.
Those d*mn punks! ALL OF THEM!
5 x