Budget Pay Taking Earlier

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Budget Pay Taking Earlier

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
How’s about you take budget pays on the day they are due instead of 3, 4 days EARLY!? Is there a reason for that??????
Good morning,

We deeply apologize for any confusion. BudgetPay installments are charged on the days that the original installment schedule indicated (either online or communicated to you by an agent.), however if a payment fails, then your due day will be bumped up by 3 three days, and this could make it look like that you are getting attempts for your payment method to get charged before the due date. It will bump up your payment date for up to three times if your payment fails. Thank you so much for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

I have discussed this issue with a CS rep before. They tried to tell me that it's Industry standard to take the payments 3-4 days before and I told him that was a lie. The payments are to be taken the day they are due and payment will then be taken from customers account within 2-3 business days afterwards. That is one of the primary reasons I am never going to use the budget pay again. Be careful because they will also charge other cards on your account if the budget pay which is processed earlier than it is supposed to or if it's not accepted by the bank. My bank only allows 11 charges a day and this is according to Federal law for some institutions (mostly credit unions).
Good morning as well,

Thank you so much for your message. We only collect BudgetPay installment payments from payment methods specially selected for those installments (i.e. the first payment method used to pay for the initial installment, etc.). Our system does not allow BudgetPay installments to collect from any card from your profile, and each installment must have their payment method manually changed. Thank you so much for you message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
SueB wrote:
4 years ago
How’s about you take budget pays on the day they are due instead of 3, 4 days EARLY!? Is there a reason for that??????
Good morning,

We deeply apologize for any confusion. BudgetPay installments are charged on the days that the original installment schedule indicated (either online or communicated to you by an agent.), however if a payment fails, then your due day will be bumped up by 3 three days, and this could make it look like that you are getting attempts for your payment method to get charged before the due date. It will bump up your payment date for up to three times if your payment fails. Thank you so much for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

I have discussed this issue with a CS rep before. They tried to tell me that it's Industry standard to take the payments 3-4 days before and I told him that was a lie. The payments are to be taken the day they are due and payment will then be taken from customers account within 2-3 business days afterwards. That is one of the primary reasons I am never going to use the budget pay again. Be careful because they will also charge other cards on your account if the budget pay which is processed earlier than it is supposed to or if it's not accepted by the bank. My bank only allows 11 charges a day and this is according to Federal law for some institutions (mostly credit unions).
Good morning as well,

Thank you so much for your message. We only collect BudgetPay installment payments from payment methods specially selected for those installments (i.e. the first payment method used to pay for the initial installment, etc.). Our system does not allow BudgetPay installments to collect from any card from your profile, and each installment must have their payment method manually changed. Thank you so much for you message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
. Payment didn’t fail!!! I took my cards off because of problems you all having w/site!?!? Nor would it have failed if you tried taking on due date which is TOMORROW !! I also tried to pay earlier but site wouldn’t let me!! SO don’t try to put it on me!? Thank You!?!? No reply needed
1 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning as well,

Thank you for responding Preston but your answer is not true. I know what I know as I experienced it first hand. There was an attempt to take the payments earlier and my credit card rejected the payments so there was an attempt to charge another card that was on file. The lie told was that the first card was used to purchase the item so that was the card charged....NOT I had CS to ensure the correct card was defaulted to pay all future budget pays and everything else went smooth until there was an attempt to take the payments out earlier. I spoke to the budget pay section and this was the lie so I thank you for the response again but please don't try to make me look like I am not telling the truth Thank you and no need to reply as I already have a solution to the problem.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

IF...they ever ever try and charge any card of mine that is not authorized for that particular item I will get more than my credit card company or bank involved.
Believe it!
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning as well,

Thank you for responding Preston but your answer is not true. I know what I know as I experienced it first hand. There was an attempt to take the payments earlier and my credit card rejected the payments so there was an attempt to charge another card that was on file. The lie told was that the first card was used to purchase the item so that was the card charged....NOT I had CS to ensure the correct card was defaulted to pay all future budget pays and everything else went smooth until there was an attempt to take the payments out earlier. I spoke to the budget pay section and this was the lie so I thank you for the response again but please don't try to make me look like I am not telling the truth Thank you and no need to reply as I already have a solution to the problem.
Thank you Lisa C!!!!
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Preston is absolutely correct with the information he has provided. Our system is set up to collect payment every 30 days. If the payment fails on the first attempt, the date is pushed forward to a new date to attempt to collect payment. In the case of insufficient funds, our system will try a maximum of six times to collect the payment, spread over approximately two weeks.

Our system will ONLY attempt to collect payment on the card that is listed for the order, it will NOT chose a random card in your account if the first card fails.
1 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Preston is absolutely correct with the information he has provided. Our system is set up to collect payment every 30 days. If the payment fails on the first attempt, the date is pushed forward to a new date to attempt to collect payment. In the case of insufficient funds, our system will try a maximum of six times to collect the payment, spread over approximately two weeks.

Our system will ONLY attempt to collect payment on the card that is listed for the order, it will NOT chose a random card in your account if the first card fails.
This will be the last time I comment on this subject. Just last week budget payments that were due were processed days before the actual due date. This is a mute topic for me as I will pay off remaining budget payments and will never use the system again or make another purchase from Shop LC. I am sure this is no big issue because some other unsuspecting person will sign up tomorrow to replace me. The customers are the ones dealing with the billing issues and they are not due to insufficient funds or anything else.

When my budget payments, a couple of months ago, were processed before the due date the bank put them in a pending status and the very next day I received a call and email from Shop LC telling me that my budget payments were delinquent. When I checked they were not even due but had been processed...the same agent that attempted to tell me that Shop LC always processes payments a couple of day before the due dates because "It is the industry standard". This same system DID attempt to process another card that was on file to take the payment. THAT same system charged attempted to charge my card for the same amount 14 times causing my bank to alert me of suspected fraud. So perhaps you guys need to get on the same sheet of music because you may be quoting the policy but what actually happens is the opposite. Have a good day!
3 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

They can't take money out without your permission. Only on the day agreed at time of purchase,, PERIOD ! if the don't get it for any reason they might try putting it thru later, but they can not change the day.
0 x

Kittycat

Budget pay and taxes

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I noticed my budget pays are taken out a couple days earlier than they are due. Also I am being charged too much tax, maybe tax is being charged on the shipping? This never happened until recently. The shipping is much lower then other shopping channels though, but tax on shipping was not charged on those other channels nor was the payments taken out early. I only Shop with LC now because prices are still the best. It would be nice if they had their own credit card though.
3 x

RS

Re: Budget pay and taxes

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Kittycat

Others here in the forum have mentioned the same exact thing. However it was denied that the payments are taken early. I find it quite telling that more are coming forward to say this.
3 x